Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: White Knight's custom army cards: Updated 11-7-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Slith 'Thon
I like the concept of a self-sacrificing unit that gives bonus turns. Can you use both Dragon Sacrifice and Wyrmling Sacrifice for a wyrmling? They are dragon heroes, after all.
I forgot that the wyrmlings were dragons. I intended for it to be an either-or. Here is the new wording (and name change):

CULT OF THE DRAGON
After taking a turn with any dragon hero you control, if that hero is within 6 clear sight spaces of Slith 'Thon you may use Cult of the Dragon to take 1 additional turn with that dragon hero.
If that hero is a Wyrmling, place 1 wound marker on this army card to take the additional turn with that hero.
If that hero is not a Wyrmling, place 2 wound markers on this army card to take the additional turn with that hero.

I'm also thinking of adding an extra ability to give more choices when using Slith 'Thon:

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
After revealing an order marker on the card of a dragon hero you control, if Slith 'Thon is adjacent to that dragon hero you may destroy Slith 'Thon and remove up to 6 wounds from that figure. Subtract 1 from the number of wounds able to be removed for each wound on Slith 'Thon.

Quote:
Bladerager Troll
A solid design that fits the figure well. Since the Trolls already have a hero-killer with the Feral Troll I would have preferred this one to be a squad-killer, but that's a matter of personal choice. Fun dungeon crawl baddie. Class should be "Savage".
I fixed "Savage"--thanks. The Bladerager Trolls do have 2 attacks, which should help versus squads. I think one of my sons suggested Shred and I kept it.

Quote:
Doom
If I attack a non-dwarf with Doom, may I still attack all adjacent dwarves? Stone Roots has the problem of memory -- one has to remember that he has the additional defense until he takes a turn again. This could be done with a marker, or use the until-next-order-marker wording that Estivara uses (which would change the unit). But even without the powers, 80pts is really cheap for a 4/5 hero with 5 life. Probably too cheap.
I clarified Dwarf Hatred:

DWARF HATRED
If there is at least one dwarf adjacent to Doom, he must attack that dwarf and all other dwarf figures adjacent to him. Roll attack and defense dice separately for each dwarf attacked.

The wording "until the start of his next turn" comes from the Withdraw wording on Project Pokemon's Squirtle. We decided not to use markers to avoid too many markers.

80 points might be cheap, but Doom is a slow moving (move 5) melee figure without bonding or attack/defense bonuses. His attack, using Stone Roots, is the same as Agent Carr's melee attack--but Agent Carr can move (and disengage) and still get 6 Attack.

I might need to lower Doom's defense, but I'd like to playtest him first before making changes. I think ranged units will be able to take him down pretty quickly by forcing him to come to them (lowering his attack and defense).
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Gorm
I suspect he is underpriced. A 3/3 hero doesn't seem like much, but Stench is pretty potent against opposing melee figures. Rename his second power to "Troglodyte Attack Enhancement" to be more Heroscapey.
These Troglodytes were made to work with some troglodyte squads I'd created:

Spoiler Alert!

I changed the name of the second power as you suggested. I also removed the special ability GUARDS because I'd rather have Gorm focus on leading the Brutes and the Bonecrushers.

He might be a little underpriced (and so might the Brutes and the Bonecrushers), but I'd like to playtest first before I change the price.

Note: Stench is NOT supposed to stack. I fixed that as well.

STENCH
If a non-troglodyte figure is adjacent at least one Troglodyte figure, that non-troglodyte figure rolls one less defense die and one less attack die.

Quote:
Troglodyte Guard
Stench on an Uncommon is way overpowered. Put a troop of these guys against an army of knights and they will almost certainly whoop up. The problem is that Stench stacks, and it's pretty easy to turn an enemy melee army into a sniffling pile of wimps.
First, Stench is not supposed to stack. But truthfully, I don't know what I was thinking with these guys. 30 points for a 4 life hero? Maybe I was thinking Common Heroes? Anyways, these guys go back to the drawing board.

Quote:
Ogre Vanguard
This unit also has the problem of memory. One must remember which units have their defense reduced. Heroscape has almost no memory without indicators like wound markers. Aside from that, I'm worried about the cost of these guys. Two figures per activation with 4/5 each is really, really good for 40pts. A swarm of these guys could probably whoop up most anything.
Memory has a precedent in Project Pokemon, mostly to avoid too many markers. I wanted to represent the figure completely stunned and less able to defend itself.

As for points, you're probably right about the 4/5 being too strong. They were made for a dungeon crawl type of adventure, so I wanted them to pack some punch. After playtesting I'll probably raise the points or lower the attack to 4.
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Fire Giants
Hard to tell if the points are right or not. Compared to Deathwalkers I'd say underpriced (though Deathwalkers suck ...). Much greater offensive output since there's two of them, and there's two of them.

Shadow Giants
Just a weaker version of the Fire Giants? For the same price?
The Zettians have a defense of 7 and a range attack--and only cost 70 points. However, their 4 move is a severe limitation. I going to change the move on these giants to 5 to limit them at least a little.

Their attack of 5 is less than Agent Carr's attack of 6 when attacking adjacent figures. It's their special attack that might be too overpowering. I think I'm going to change the special attack to an attack of 3.

Quote:
Wings of White Osprey
This is a very dangerous design. It's essentially buying five extra hit points for any human hero. Very smart of you to limit the power to human heroes, but even then it's potentially troublesome. An additional 5 hit points on Kaemon Awa, for example, is terrifying.
I wanted to make Wings of White Osprey a prime assassin target, such that a major strategy of any opponent should be to bring her down first. If you can bring her down, you automatically bring down the hero.

I'll be honest in that I didn't go through all the human heroes to see how much of a difference Blood Bind would make. I think it would be fun to playtest, though, so I'm going to put her high on the list for playtesting.

I could always restrict it further to a unique human who follows Aquilla, but that pretty much leaves Brave Arrow and Master Win Chiu Woo.

I agree that Blood Bind might unbalance the game, but I'd like to playtest it first. Maybe I'll have to lower her life, or lower her attack, or both.

Quote:
Dagolam
A fine design, but pretty much just a beefed-up Syvarris. I don't think he would play any differently, just hit harder and last longer. The personality is a bit of a problem too; Khosumet could boost him, making his already powerful attack more powerful for a low cost.
Since I don't have Khosumet, I didn't think about that. I pretty much went through the list and picked a personality that seemed to match his figure. I'll have to think about a different personality to give to him.

I know he's kind of boring, but I wanted a powerful archer who could mow down opponents. Kaemon Awa and Syvarris are both fun to play because of their double ranged attacks. Maybe I'll change the Range to 8 after playtesting.

Quote:
Tain Quicksilver
Love the name. Haste is probably too good. After one turn with Tain, you could have a double-attacking SotM Drake running around. Or a fast-moving double-attacking Iron Golem. 50pts is a very low price tag for such a large boost.
This is one unit I've playted with before, and Haste definitely made Shaladar into a melee killing machine. It wasn't a real playtest--the points weren't even matched--but it still made me note how powerful haste might be. I can see it making the game unbalanced on certain heroes.

I'm going to limit Tain to 1 Magic Shield marker and 1 Haste marker and I'm going to increase her points to 100 points.
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quamrak
I can tell you from experience that he's too cheap. I have a very similar design of my own and I learned that Lightning Breath is VERY potent. It's as powerful as Nilfheim's without the drawback of being locked down by a single engaged figure. I'm happy to see Quamrak's defense is low, but he'll be able to do a ton of damage with a bonding screen.
I increased Quamrak's points to 180. Quamrak will be better against squads than Nilfheim, but he'll struggle more 1-on-1 against heroes.

Quote:
Oboro
A neat design. You have a ton of designs in the 100-200pt space; I think this guy would be more interesting with lower stats in the low (30-40pt) or medium (60-80pt) point brackets as a filler hero.
I lowered Oboro's Life to 3, his Attack to 2, his Defense to 3, and his points to 70. He has Double Attack, but he'll struggle against higher defense figures. Hopefully Defense Roll will keep him alive. I also gave him Disengage while using Defense Roll.

Quote:
Took
Odd to see a kyrie hero that is not a warrior, but it's not a problem. Solid, potent figure.
Thanks. He's modeled off of my Scyther card from Project Pokemon.

Quote:
Sing
Attacking during the movement phase causes lots of weird rule problems and problematic power interactions. I highly recommend changing Aerial Assault to a special attack like Kumiko's Ninjistu Barrage, which you seemed to model this off of.
Changed Aerial Assault to a special attack:

AERIAL ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Sing, you may move Sing up to 6 spaces. Sing can attack up to 3 times with Aerial Assault Special Attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement. Sing cannot attack the same figure more than once on a single turn.
If Sing breaks engagement while using Aerial Assault, she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

It's similar to Ninjutsu Barrage, but she can move farther and she'll take leaving engagements if she disengages (they get a swing at her as she's flying by).
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM

I changed Aerial Assault again (since the previous version had nothing to so with "aerial"). It's a lot of words for a pretty simple special attack, but I wanted to make sure it was clear and didn't cause any weird conflicts.

AERIAL ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, Sing may move up to 6 spaces. When counting spaces for this movement, ignore elevations. Sing may move over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and move over obstacles such as ruins.
If Sing is not destroyed after moving with Aerial Assault Special Attack, she may attack, one at a time, any figures she passed over during her move. Ignore any height advantages for these attacks.
After Sing attacks with Aerial Assault Special Attack, your opponent may roll for leaving engagement attacks for all figures Sing attacked using Aerial Assault but are not adjacent to Sing at the end of her move.
Figures destroyed during Sing's Aerial Assault attack may not roll for leaving engagement attacks.

Or I wonder if I can take shorten it a little:

Yes, I realize that Sing gets to attack any figure she passed over, even if it ends up that she is killed by a leaving engagement strike by the first figure she attacked. Let's just say that she was mortally wounded, but she went down fighting.
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Sky Wolf
His special attack is so good I would never use it as a range attack unless I was desperate. A 6/3 figure with 7 life for 100 points? Compare him to other ~100pt heroes like Carr and Drake -- Sky Wolf is way better.
I raised Sky Wolf's attack to 5 (not 6) and made Tomahawk an ability, not a special attack:

7 life seems like a lot, but with 3 defense, a single attack, no special attack, and no Thorian Speed he'll go down quickly.

Wind Walk seems powerful, but in our home games I've found it pretty useless. Sky Wolf may run up and engage an opponent, often on the first turn, but then he can't attack. On my opponent's next turn he is cut right down.

Quote:
Comanche Braves
If I only attack with one Brave, can I move the other two again? Can I move figures other than the ones that moved initially (since they are a common squad)? Hard to say if they are costed correctly... I suspect they are too cheap when you compare them to the somewhat-similar Venoc Vipers.
I fixed the wording.

As I said above, Wind Walk isn't really that powerful. Sure, they can rush up and engage opponents, but they can't get first strike if they use Wind Walk. The only time I used it effectively was when we were doing a "capture the flag" scenario.

Quote:
Sir Justin
What does "1 squad you control" mean with commons? Can I move all of my 4th Mass, or only four of them? Either way, this guy outclasses Sir Gilbert in almost every way. He does not give the bonus attack, but he is a better fighter himself and draws all fire on himself. Combat Challenge is problematic too the way it is worded (I blame the official designers for this one); if both Sir Justin and Tandros Kreel are adjacent to a figure, that figure cannot attack at all.
I agree that Sir Justin is too similar to Sir Gilbert. Since I don't own any flagbearers, I guess I didn't compare his stats.

I'll have to come up with some new abilities for him.
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Shaladar
The Reload mechanic is cool. Explosive Bolt is a very frightening attack, but it's held back by Reload. I'm not really sure how the Protector class fits the unit design.
I changed her class to Warrior. I was thinking of Paladin, but I don't see a Paladin using explosive bolts (maybe that's just me).

Quote:
Lady Jennifer
The attack enhancement worries me. It helps that it is limited to knights and warriors, but it is still a Taelord-level boost for far less cost. The wound marker thing is hardly a disadvantage; I would attack her with one of my figures to give her that wound. I recommend dropping that power entirely; it does not fit with the rest of the unit anyway. Which is an interesting design; I like the animal control concept. The only issue I have is that Animal Charm has a memory mechanic.
Lady Jennifer was made for my daughter (like my other customs Ninja Witt and Marcus the Elven Swordmaster were made for my sons). I probably made her a little too strong, but I wanted 1) to make sure she would be played during our home games and 2) make sure she had a little extra advantage. Of course, I don't have the KoW, so she really only helps Sir Dupuis and my custom Arthur Swordmage.

Here is another version for her (making her more of an animal trainer). I'll have to post my animal cards sometime.

Quote:
Robosapien
Does this figure require unique basing?
Robosapien fits well on two spaces (and I think fit's on a peanut base with his feet hanging off just a bit).

Quote:
Snow Ape
Some people say the Dzu-Teh need help, and maybe they do, but not on snow maps. There is also a bonding chain here -- Orc Archers -> Snow Ape -> Dzu-Teh.
I changed the power to Beast of the Dzu-Teh and made it necessary to reveal an order marker first (to avoid bonding with the orcs). I also bumped his attack to 6 and his points to 100 (making him fit perfectly in a Dzu-Teh/Snow Ape army and giving them a harder hitting hero. He might make them a little too overpowered on snow maps.

Quote:
Snow Troopers
Compare these guys to the 4th Mass. One more movement, same range, same attack without the WTF restriction, same defense without the Valiant restriction, same price. These guys are overpowered on a non-snow map; on a snow map they would be unstoppable.
I decreased their attack from 3 to 2. Now they are forced to rely on height to do any real damage.

Quote:
Desert Elite
Also overpowered. The Airborne Elite have very similar stats (one less move, one more range), have The Drop which is both an advantage and a disadvantage, are unique, and cost 30 points more. Not considering their powers a horde of these guys will probably destroy anything out there. And the way Grenade is worded all Desert Elite will get to throw a grenade -- that means every figure of the horde.
I changed Grenade Special attack to limit it to the 4 figures in the squad. I also lowered their attack from 3 to 2 (making them more of a grenade squad).
Old December 30th, 2017, 05:44 PM

Fixed all my picture links in the OP. No more Photobucket.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards