Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 30th, 2014, 11:51 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Shiftrex's Kitchen Table Customs (Update: Friar Tuck)

Hi guys, these are some customs I'm making for my kitchen table play with my siblings ^^ they are younger and really enjoy the game.

This first batch is centered around my favorite super nintendo game, Earthbound or some of you may know it as Mother 2. It's a roleplaying game themed off the US during the 1990's with psychic characters as the protagonists that use everyday items for weapons. These four characters are part of a team and are meant to work together as a group for a normal, 500 point game.

Earthbound Starter Pack: The Chosen Four
Spoiler Alert!

The second batch I'll be doing is also from Earthbound just because I think that the first few characters turned out good and I wanted to add some more things.

Wave 1: Familiar Friends
Spoiler Alert!

The next wave will be filled out with some iconic enemies from Earthbound.

Wave 2: Enemies Galore!

Spoiler Alert!

Other projects more geared towards Classic Heroscape:

JANDAR UNITS:

Robin Hood
GENERAL: Jandar
SPECIES: Human
UNIQUENESS: Unique Hero
CLASS: Archer
PERSONALITY: Valiant
SIZE/HEIGHT: Medium 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 9
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 3

Templar Training
Robin Hood's class is also considered to be Knight. Whenever Robin Hood becomes engaged with an enemy figure add one die to his Attack number and Defense number.

Woodsman
If Robin Hood ends his turn adjacent to an Evergreen Tree he will have no visible hit zones until you take another turn with him.

Work in progress card:

"Miniatures I'm considering/Miniatures that look really nice" for this:
http://www.miniaturenland.com/en/dar...cial/1483.html
http://www.miniaturenland.com/en/dar...sley/1185.html
http://www.miniaturenland.com/en/dar...sley/1528.html

Little John
Species: Human
CLASS: Warrior
PERSONALITY: Loyal/Valiant
SIZE:/HEIGHT: Medium 6

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 4

Even the Odds Special
Little John may move up to three spaces and then choose one small or medium figure adjacent to Little John. You may shove the figure by placing it on any empty space within two spaces of Little John. The shoved figure takes all leaving engagement hits and any fall damage. Little John must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure or be engaged with a figure in order to use Even the Odds Special.

Woodsman
If Little John ends his turn adjacent to an Evergreen Tree he will have no visible hit zones until you take another turn with him.

Work in Progress Card:

Miniature that I think works well for this if you cut the tip off the spear:
http://www.miniaturenland.com/en/dar...grrm/1274.html

Will Scarlet
Species: Human
CLASS: Warrior
PERSONALITY: Loyal/Valiant
SIZE:/HEIGHT: Medium 5

LIFE: 3
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 3

Expert Swordsman
After attacking, if you dealt one wound to an enemy figure this round or destroyed one figure you may choose another adjacent figure. If it is a squad figure then destroy it. If it is a unique hero then you may choose to automatically wound it or attack again. You may target the same figure with Expert Swordsman.

Woodsman
If Will Scarlet ends his turn adjacent to an Evergreen Tree he will have no visible hit zones until you take another turn with him.

Work in Progress Card.

Miniature that I think looks really cool for this:
http://www.miniaturenland.com/images/1033_1.jpg

Coming soon are-----
Possible Characters ROBIN HOOD:
Friar Tuck
Much the Miller's Son
Alan-a-Dale
Merry Men

Possible Characters EARTHBOUND:
StarMaster
Talah Rama
Teleporting Monkeys squad
Apple Kid
Mr. Saturn squad
Mani-Mani Statue
Happy Happyists (squad)

Last edited by Shiftrex; March 21st, 2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Tags; More Customs; Spelling Errors
Old December 31st, 2014, 12:11 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Shiftrex's Kitchen Table Customs

Good, creative work so far Shiftrex! I'll post on them in the morning, so watch for edits to this post.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 31st, 2014, 12:12 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These are some nice Customs, I'd say. I never played Earthbound, but I did play Ness a lot on Super Smash Bros.

I don't think they're all too powerful for the points, since they're all fairly squishy (AKA easy to kill), especially Paula with that measly 2 Life and Defense. Some of the wording is also slightly confusing. Does Ness have to move OMs with his Chosen Leader? Does rolling a 2-5 on Pray reduce everybody's defense (yours and your opponent's)?

For all being the same value, Poo is probably the best with those stats. Does he have a way to restore PSI markers? Otherwise Starstorm could just read "once per game" like Fey Step and Bolt of the Witherwood respectively.

~TAF, helpful as always*

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 31st, 2014, 12:18 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
These are some nice Customs, I'd say. I never played Earthbound, but I did play Ness a lot on Super Smash Bros.

I don't think they're all too powerful for the points, since they're all fairly squishy (AKA easy to kill), especially Paula with that measly 2 Life and Defense. Some of the wording is also slightly confusing. Does Ness have to move OMs with his Chosen Leader? Does rolling a 2-5 on Pray reduce everybody's defense (yours and your opponent's)?

For all being the same value, Poo is probably the best with those stats. Does he have a way to restore PSI markers? Otherwise Starstorm could just read "once per game" like Fey Step and Bolt of the Witherwood respectively.

~TAF, helpful as always*
lol, yeah most people know Ness from Smash Brothers it helped revive alot of fandom in this generation for his game and okay I'll work on the wording.

For Ness I will fix the wording to a 'may' clause and clear that up a bit. It would be rather silly if he was the only one left.

Yes, Pray does reduce the defense for everyone including yourself so it's not a very desirable circumstance in many scenarios.

No, He doesn't have a way to restore counters at this time but I thought I might incorporate a way if I made some other Earthbound customs. So, for the present I left it worded like the Airborne Elite's grenade throw special.
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:15 AM

Added some more units and does anyone have any simple 500 point maps they would suggest for playtesting? =)

Oh, I'm sure not all of my wording is correct so I'll tag @Dad_Scaper so he can have a look through some of my writing sometime. I want to make sure it isn't glaringly horrible. I'm sure I haven't used the language completely right on a few things.

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 1st, 2015 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Tagging Dad_Scaper
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sure, I'd be glad to take a look. Understand that my Help With Wurdz service is only to review for English usage. If I happen to notice a 'Scape-related thing, I'll point it out. But I make no promises about making sure your powers line up with others that may be similar, or affect yours, in the canon.

Why don't you pick one you'd like me to look at, and we'll see how it goes.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 1st, 2015, 08:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Killometer's (?) Dry Season is a reasonable RotV only map, or so goes from what I've read. In general, any board that isn't overly large works fine for standard army playtests. ^_^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 1st, 2015, 09:44 PM

@Dad_Scaper Okay How about the ability on Ness, Chosen Leader. He is the first figure, his last ability. I'm just not sure if I'm communicating what I want to do as the wording is a bit weird.
@flameslayer93 Okay ^^ Thankyou! So far I've done a few test games but the map I've used had central high ground and no water so I wanted some variety. They haven't seemed overpowering so far.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Got it. Normally I do a whole unit at a time, I'd be glad to do so here.
Ness
Human
Unique Hero
Psychic
Inspiring
Medium 4

Life - 5
Move - 4
Range - 1
Attack - 4
Defense - 3
Points - 125 or 150?
Spelling is good through here, and that's all I really looked at. I'm assuming Ness is a fictional character. Rings a bell from a video game, not sure which, but I vaguely remember a kid. Battling Seamus? Am I thinking of Smash Bros.?
Gutsy Swing Special 19
After rolling a normal attack you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or higher then double the amount of skulls rolled in your attack and you may not use this ability for the rest of the round.
Huh. It's not a "Special Attack" - it can't be, mechanically - so I'd probably leave out the word "Special." How about:
Gutsy Swing
Before Ness attacks with his normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or higher then each skull rolled counts as one additional hit. Ness may only use Gutsy Swing once per round.
I didn't look up the Minions but I think that's more or less how they phrase it. I also ordered things a little bit differently so it would be more obvious how it works: if it's a mandatory roll, just do it first, etc.
`Rockin' PSI Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. All enemy figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Rockin' PSI Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
I'm assuming you copied this off of the Airborne Elite's grenades, or a similar explosion SA. If not, you should.
Chosen Leader
Before revealing an order marker on Ness you may move any order marker from any psychic or inventor army card you control to another psychic or inventor army card that you control and then take a turn with Ness.
A couple little things:
Chosen Leader
After revealing an order marker on Ness, you may move any unrevealed order marker from any psychic or inventor army card you control to another psychic or inventor army card that you control and then take a turn with Ness.
I added the word "unrevealed," though I'm not sure how it could make a difference. Question: If it's time for your OM 2, and it's on a *different* psychic, may you move it onto Ness? I think you get into some really funky game-space if you have to answer that question, so I also tweaked the language to force the OM reveal on Ness first.

Does that help?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:03 PM

iamadoorknob is surprisingly tart

Awesome units, I'm a big fan of Earthbound. Jeff is pretty much a ticking time bomb. If you can hold him back until the end he will be potent. I personally think Poo's Starstorm ability should only affect enemy figures, since that would be more canonical. I'm keen to see what you're using as their figures. Did you get your hands on some Earthbound minis?
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:08 PM

iamadoorknob is surprisingly tart

I also think if you came up with a Starman hero and maybe a squad of Happy Happyists that would be pretty epic.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:37 PM

@Dad_Scaper Thanks for helping me out! I'll implement those changes and probably tweak the leadership ability a little bit. I'd like to be able to move another unit with Ness and I'm seeing it not work exactly how I want it to thanks for showing me the mistakes in the syntax. Also, yes! Ness is from super smash brothers.

I'll tweak it so I avoid that weird game-space issue.

@iamadoorknob Cool! Glad to see someone else that knows the game. I'm just proxying the mini's at the moment. I'll probably get my hands on some earthbound mini's in the near future as they are about the right size and I've seen them on Ebay for a reasonable price.

Those sound like great ideas To tell you the truth I'll probably make almost everything in earthbound eventually just for the fun of it. If they are functioning units for play it'd make me pretty happy.

If you want to help test the ones I have up that would be great honestly ^^ your comment on starstorm is a good one though I don't know if it would make Poo too powerful or not.

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 2nd, 2015 at 12:19 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards