Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Winona Vampire's Customs Updated 1/3/11!

Gorak The Jungle Swog Rider
Spoiler Alert!

Vampire the Masquerade Sabbat Pack
Spoiler Alert!

7/23/10 Magic the Gathering Plainswalkers
Spoiler Alert!

8/2/10 Movie Theme Characters
Spoiler Alert!

*NEW* Resident Evil- 1/3/11- Nemesis Project Added!
Spoiler Alert!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.

Last edited by winonavampire; January 3rd, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:07 AM

VIRTU knows what's in an order marker VIRTU knows what's in an order marker
Re: My First Custom

Great! I like your paint job, the abilities work well. Is he meant to be listed as Champion or Beast?
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:39 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRTU View Post
Great! I like your paint job, the abilities work well. Is he meant to be listed as Champion or Beast?
Currently, Champion. To me, he feels a little stronger then Nerak, so, to keep him at the same price, I thought his bonding should be a little weaker.

With that, I know it is a little weird for his aura to affect a different squad then the the squad that bonds with him.

Thoughts?

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old November 21st, 2009, 12:17 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice blend of abilities, flavor, and nuance. He really keeps the style of Nerak intact while making it his own.
He should probably be a beast since he already favors working with the arrow gruts. The melee orcs already have enough champs anyway. They wouldn't know what to do with this guy.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; November 21st, 2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM

Re: Winona Vampire's Custom *Updated Card*

Any more ideas on this unit? Would you all consider him to be complete and balanced? Would you play him over another beast? Is he better/worse then Nerak?

Just curious if the consensus is he is done, needs work, or scrap the idea.

Thanks for your input!

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Any more ideas on this unit? Would you all consider him to be complete and balanced? Would you play him over another beast? Is he better/worse then Nerak?

Just curious if the consensus is he is done, needs work, or scrap the idea.

Thanks for your input!
He seems like he is a jungle version of nerak..... Although he is amazing
also he seems balanced...... though I would say I like nerak better
(I'm an ice fan!)
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:15 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

I'm liking this- it gives us an "alternate" to Nerak, giving the Orc army versatility in any terrain. With Gorak, Archers, now have... 11 range? in the heat of a jungle board, that can be a killer. Disengage looks to keep him alive should the enemies approach him, which will be an asset in any house game. Plus, painting him with a tiger is completely sweet.

EDIT: To answer a few quesitons.

-The unit itself seems fine, can't really add any creative ideas off the top of my head.

-He looks pretty balanced- 50 points for a 3 Life/Defense unit that's more support than blitz.

-Over another beast? Dunno. Gorak definitely fits in an Orc army, that much is obvious. He's not very usable if your army isn't primarily Orc, though, so it really depends on what kind of army I'm drafting.

-Jungle is used more than ice IIRC, so Gorak has more use than Nerak. Range is also a huge benefit to archers, and can keep enemies at bay it you draft Taelord/Orc Archers (x2, maybe), Swog and Gorak. Dunno how many points that is, but... on a Jungle Board with Archers, Gorak becomes the very apex of your army instead of a defensive buffer on ice, so Gorak > Nerak, IMO.

And now I want one of these...

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.

Last edited by Vilsara; November 23rd, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
I'm liking this- it gives us an "alternate" to Nerak, giving the Orc army versatility in any terrain. With Gorak, Archers, now have... 11 range? in the heat of a jungle board, that can be a killer. Disengage looks to keep him alive should the enemies approach him, which will be an asset in any house game. Plus, painting him with a tiger is completely sweet.

EDIT: To answer a few quesitons.

-The unit itself seems fine, can't really add any creative ideas off the top of my head.

-He looks pretty balanced- 50 points for a 3 Life/Defense unit that's more support than blitz.

-Over another beast? Dunno. Gorak definitely fits in an Orc army, that much is obvious. He's not very usable if your army isn't primarily Orc, though, so it really depends on what kind of army I'm drafting.

-Jungle is used more than ice IIRC, so Gorak has more use than Nerak. Range is also a huge benefit to archers, and can keep enemies at bay it you draft Taelord/Orc Archers (x2, maybe), Swog and Gorak. Dunno how many points that is, but... on a Jungle Board with Archers, Gorak becomes the very apex of your army instead of a defensive buffer on ice, so Gorak > Nerak, IMO.

And now I want one of these...

Hmmm, I think the archers should only have a range of 7 (unless you have the range glyph, then yeah, it would be 11)

As for getting one of him, he was really easy to make. Just grab a Swog, put a base coat of white on the cat part, then paint orange over the top half once the white is dry. Then add some black stripes and you now have a tiger. I painted the armor on the orc green to more match the jungle theme.

I also did some touch up on the tigers face (yellow eyes, cleaned up the teeth a bit, painted the collar black with silver studs)

That was all I did for the paint job, really, only about a day total (with drying in the middle)

As for the jungle being more common, that is why I made the jungle theme. (Technically, I wanted a tiger first and thought the jungle would fit the tiger well. Plus, the jungle is more common, so, bonus!)

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM

Church Monroe is surprisingly tart

Great job, I really like him.

I would bump his points up to 60 because of the Jungle Camo, but since noone else has said that, you don' have to.

I would completely and totally draft that guy, but I'd have to paint hisskin red first. (My entire Orc army is red.)

I love the abilities, and the card looks great.

Not an anime fan. Just a Taiga fan.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think you have to change him at all now. Jungle camouflage is a stronger defensive ability that Nerak lacks, but Nerak also gives a defense bonus instead. Defense is definitely more important than range. Just look at how successful all the knight armies are in tournaments. Actually if anything you might want to have him grant a +2 range bonus instead of +1. Or even leave it the way it is and make him 40-45pts. But those are just suggestions, really leaving him as he is right now is fine.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:01 PM

Re: Winona Vampire's Customs *Sabbat Vampires Added!*

I have added 3 new customs to the first post in this thread. Please tell me what you think!

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart
Re: Winona Vampire's Customs *Sabbat Vampires Added!*

I will trade a review of your new customs for a review of my new custom :P

Anyway, I like the Abyss Lord/Minion idea- being able to revive your bonding options is always nice, especially since your can remove a token, revive a tentacle, take a turn, then take a turn with the extra squad member.

I assume the power's name is "constriction..." with an s, correct?

The Black Steels are pretty awesome either way- bonding AND a lockdown power. But wait, they also increase their master's defense- very nice, very nice. This would be quite a tricky pair to face.

I'd find a way to make Fang cost less, though- 240 is a pretty high cost for any game, so it'd behoove you to lower his cost to prevent overcentralization and the like.

Great customs overall, though

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards