Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 4th, 2020, 08:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Nameless Wolves ~ Public Testing!

Oh yes I’m sorry I didn’t update. 3 attack! And nothing in particular no! Just want to make sure they’re not TOO powerful! Bring along Vassago at least once so see how well they help him out.
Old February 4th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Cool. I'll tackle em at some point during the week if I get time, but more probably over the weekend.
Old February 4th, 2020, 11:58 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cool, no issue. I won't get to finish Ernie's initial until later this week anyway !
Old February 9th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Ended up on a call with some friends for the whole afternoon, so didn't get to the HS time I had planned today; there's still some time left in the day, but it might be that I don't hit these guys until tomorrow.
Old February 11th, 2020, 12:13 AM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: @80 points

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: @80, Vassago, Lady Death (540) vs Black Canary, Green Arrow (Ollie), Robin (Dick), Ragdoll (540)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: @80, Vassago, Pluto (595) vs Hand Ninja x3, Cheshire, Elektra (595)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Six defense makes them pretty tough to crack for low/mid-level guys. I feel like they're a decent value just for the bonding, in that context, but their value might diminish against someone who has the tools to really dispatch them quickly (heavies or auto-wounders).

Probably good that they also have the Vassago stuff to play around with. I don't think it's a surefire thing that they'll pull off their trick in every game, but again, the cheap bonding ain't bad by itself.
Old February 11th, 2020, 01:24 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Reading these play test reports makes me want to revisit the defense value here once more. I brought it up once before testing started, now after seeing test results my thoughts are returning to it. I 100% on board with them being more than regular Earth wolves, but if I were designing some basic Earth wolves (Snake Eyes has a pet wolf named Timber) I would give him 3 or maybe 4 defense. The Wolves of Badru have just 3 defense and 1 life in classic, so maybe 4 def. for a C3G themed squad of wolves. Thus 5 defense still says, these guys are tougher than your average wolf. Admittedly, Timber would be a unique hero with 2 or 3 life though as his named pet. That's why I mentioned earlier the idea of somehow giving them 2 life each as a unique squad. A simple 3rd power that states they may each ignore 1 wound per game would be that hard to track with just 2 of them. Easier to hit, yet has some staying power vs. small attacks. Big attacks will still drop them at the same rate.
Old February 11th, 2020, 11:01 AM
...has moist legs

Nah I like them as is, sorry. If they were common, a 3-4 man squad rather than just 2, or if we kept the attack at 4, I would consider it, but as is I'm very happy with how they've turned out. If we want to dig deeper, lets look at Bud & Lou (The obvious comparison!).

Wolves have more move, but Bud and Lou have climbing, so basically a wash, if not an edge to B&L on most maps. Range and attack are the same, with Wolves having one additional defense (Being magical hell wolves rather than normal earth hyenas). Bonding power is the same.

B&L are more offensive focused, with their shield subtraction. Wolves are support focused. Mechanically wise I also want to focus on their defense because of their role in the game. They're SUPPOSED to stick around longer and be tougher/annoying to kill. I would rather just raise their points than lower their defense! But it looks like they've been pretty balanced (4 wins/5 losses!) with Ronin stating that the blowout was because of dice rolls.

I'm happy and they're playing just as I imagined, so unless someone wants to rally for a point bump..

I propose we move to Final Editing!

I'll grab some pics of the wolves in a few days!
Old February 11th, 2020, 02:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Nameless Wolves ~ Vote for Final Editing

I'm a little confused, Bud & Lou have a def. of 5.
Old February 11th, 2020, 02:05 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
They do. I'm confused about your confusion.
Old February 11th, 2020, 02:09 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 11th, 2020, 02:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Your post comparison made it sound like they also had 6 def as a unique squad of 2. My proposal is for 5 def. and 2 life here, which is better than 5 def & 1 life for Bud & Lou. Advantage Nameless Wolves.
Old February 11th, 2020, 02:16 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Your post comparison made it sound like they also had 6 def as a unique squad of 2. My proposal is for 5 def. and 2 life here, which is better than 5 def & 1 life for Bud & Lou. Advantage Nameless Wolves.
I mentioned in there that the wolves have one additional defense, and being magical hell wolves it thematically makes sense they're tougher than normal hyenas. Not interested in turning these into uncommon heroes, sorry.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library