Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Allentown PA Tournament: Dragon Wars

Date: November 21st

Location: We will be meeting in Orefield PA, at Vydar is the man’s church.

Church of St. Joseph the Worker
1879 Applewood Drive
Orefield PA, 18069-9507

When you get there, there will be a circular driveway. Park in the Parking lot below the driveway. At the top will be a grey door with a green canopy. Go in. We will be in the 3rd door on the left.

Time: The tournament will be open for registration and check in at 11 am and we will begin rolling dice at 12pm and will continue until approx. 6pm.

Tournament Format: Dragon Wars

Dragon Wars Rules: Army MUST include a Unique Dragon Hero. Players can win by destroying or 'gaining control of' their opponent's highest points valued Dragon. The Dragons are as follows.
  • Mimring
  • Nilfheim
  • Zelrig
  • Braxas
  • Charos
  • Su-Bak-Na (Yes, Su-Bak-Na)
Army Size: 500 points and 24 hex start requirement.

Please bring your own dice, wound markers and order markers.

Restrictions: No Marvel.

No Glyphs

Scoring: As always we will use the Swiss Scoring System.

Rounds: We will play 5 rounds with a 55 minute time limit.

Maps: A selection from the BOV

As always, we are going to need some volunteers in the map building department as well.
  1. Highways and Dieways (Onacara)
  2. Fire Isles (Clancampbell)
  3. Sidewinder (Vydar is the man)
  4. Ticalla Sunrise (Spidysox)
  5. Derilect (Spidysox)
  6. Invasion (Vydar is the man)
  7. Common Ground (NightSwipe)
  8. Sentenal (Vydar is the man)
  9. Hide and Seek (Vydar is the man)
  10. Dvalin's Furnace (Vydar is the man)
  11. Tyvol's Passage (Einar's Puppy)
  12. Hot Heights (Arcus)
  13. Can't See the Jungle (Arcus)
  14. Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh (Follower of Vydar)
  15. Spring Thaw (by tom (there are 3 versions) ) (Arcus)
  16. Embattled Fen (JohnGee)

Confirmed Attendees (Limit 36):
  1. Vydar is the man
  2. HiveKeeper
  3. Einar's Puppy
  4. Clancampbell
  5. Xanth
  6. Spidysox
  7. Lil Miss Spidysox
  8. NightSwipe
  9. Sensei of the Samurai
  10. Peteparkerh
  11. Lil Miss Pete
  12. Lizardking
  13. Charlie
  14. Joey
  15. wk4c
  16. Jonhan
  17. ManOfWar
  18. Follower of Vydar
  19. Phil the Thrill
  20. KalisLord
  21. Onacara
  22. Anthony Jr
  23. Dylan
  24. Johngee
  25. Arcus
  26. Technomagus
  27. PeasantDave
  28. Lisa
  29. Kinseth
Possible Attendees
Food: No Pizza. There will be a Vending Machine there ($1.00 for a soda and $0.75 for a snack).

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 20th, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old October 4th, 2009, 04:49 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Allentown PA Tournament: Dragon Wars

I'm in. I'll probably help with a map too.
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:52 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

VitM,

Please put me down for a possible entry (probably yes) at this point. If I make it, you can count on me for maps as well. Here are a couple of questions:

1. Are you doing the same thing as the Reading event where you charge everybody $5 to cover the cost of the prizes with overflow going toward prizes at the last event of the series?

2. Are you strickly sticking with BOV maps or are you open to suggestions? I don't have anything in mind at this point, but I always like to see one or two different maps.
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:55 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
2. Are you strickly sticking with BOV maps or are you open to suggestions? I don't have anything in mind at this point, but I always like to see one or two different maps.
Agreed. I've been pushing for more diverse maps for a while now, and I would really like to see the more diversified trend continue. I could take a week or two and scout out a few maps that would be good too.
Old October 4th, 2009, 09:07 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
VitM,

Please put me down for a possible entry (probably yes) at this point. If I make it, you can count on me for maps as well. Here are a couple of questions:

1. Are you doing the same thing as the Reading event where you charge everybody $5 to cover the cost of the prizes with overflow going toward prizes at the last event of the series?

1. Yes I forgot to mention that.

2. How about using the Gen-Con Map list plus some others.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old October 4th, 2009, 11:26 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
1. Yes I forgot to mention that.
Great. Glad to hear that you weren't going to try to supply the prizes yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man
2. How about using the Gen-Con Map list plus some others.

-Vitm
I am all for a good mix of maps. Say if you used something like 8 BOV maps and 4 from other sources.
Old October 5th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can count myself and Xanth in. Of course, the sooner you can nail down a date, the better.

Interesting format.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 5th, 2009, 04:09 PM

Here are the maps!

Selections from The Battlefields of Valhalla

Highways and Dieways

Fire Isles

Sidewinder

Ticalla Sunrise

Selections from Those Other Gen-Con Maps

Derelect

Invasion

Common Ground

Sentenal

Selection from the Maps at Heroscapers.com

Hide and Seek

Dvalin's Furnace

Tyvol's Passage

More Coming Soon. I am in the process of selecting.

-Vitm

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; October 5th, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old October 5th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll do fire isles. I love lava!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

You can put myself and Lil Spidy down for this one. I can bring 2 maps as well. Derelict and Ticalla Sunrise.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Put me and Sensei down as a yes. I can bring Common Ground.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old October 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

A quick question from Sensei: he was wondering what would happen if you had two dragons that had the same point value. Also, what would happen if you had two dragons of a different point value, and the dragon with the lowest point value was destroyed. I did see the answer in the original post, but it didn't seem to help. Clarification is appreciated.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events