Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Savage Throwdown 11/10 NHSD

Kldonnelly? Will you be around?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I added six maps. We'll need more, suggestions are welcome, and Robber I am counting on you for 2-3 and you are free to choose them from among your own creations.

= =
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM

Nobody knows what's in an order marker Nobody knows what's in an order marker

Good afternoon,

My thanks to Gurei-Ornery for the heads up; wish I had come across this sooner!

Perhaps this has been answered before, but I have a quick question:

What is the policy regarding spectators?

I don't think I can stay the entire time (assuming I can make it in the first place), so I don't want to have to leave a game halfway through. That and since I have just recently gotten into the game, I am still figuring out the nuances of the regular game and do not feel quite ready for any form of tournament play.

Thanks!
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh good! Nobody is coming!

Funny that you ask, because I have one customer who is coming to the event half way through. So if you can come for the first part, then leave when you have to leave, it would be perfect.

Of course spectators are welcome, but so are players who can only play for 2 or 3 rounds.

The tournament I attended yesterday was won by a guy at his first competitive event ever. So don't be shy. Plan on playing, and if (when) you have to bow out, that's fine.

= =
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
Good afternoon,

My thanks to Gurei-Ornery for the heads up; wish I had come across this sooner!

Perhaps this has been answered before, but I have a quick question:

What is the policy regarding spectators?

I don't think I can stay the entire time (assuming I can make it in the first place), so I don't want to have to leave a game halfway through. That and since I have just recently gotten into the game, I am still figuring out the nuances of the regular game and do not feel quite ready for any form of tournament play.

Thanks!
No problem Nobody. I was in the same boat as you are now a couple of years ago, I went to one of Dad_Scaper's events as a spectator and wished I would have played. Everyone is cool about helping with the rules and as long as you are not a Jimmyroller (I have been waiting to use that one) you won't have any issues with me.
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
... since I have just recently gotten into the game, I am still figuring out the nuances of the regular game and do not feel quite ready for any form of tournament play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The tournament I attended yesterday was won by a guy at his first competitive event ever. So don't be shy. Plan on playing, and if (when) you have to bow out, that's fine.
To reinforce what Dad_Scaper says, one of my buddies had only played Heroscape on roughly six occasions (or less) when I brought him to a tournament last month and he placed 2nd of 12 players in his qualifying games.

Of course, its also possible that you'll lose all your games, but I guarantee you that you'll have fun either way.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:51 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

I currently have Overgrown set up so I'll bring it with me on Saturday. I'm also hoping to bring a friend, but he's a big maybe at this point. He won't know for sure until the end of this week.

By the way, can anyone tell me what glyphs I should use with Overgrown? The map shows two glyphs, but doesn't specify which ones.
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

Well, good news / bad news.
Bad news - I can't play in the tourney.
Good news - I have one trophy for the winner!

Bad explained ~ I have a big exhibit in Miami that opens on 12/5. This Saturday is one of the last full days I can work in the studio.
Good explained ~ I "forged" one new trophy for the tourney winner. I'll make certain I get it to Savage on Saturday afternoon (i.e. studio break). Ben, let me know how you'd like the trophy label to read. I was thinking, "National Heroscape Day 2012 Savage Maryland" or "NHSD 2012 Savage MD" or "Savage Throwdown NHSD 2012."
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been looking through some of my maps and trying to find some that might be tournament worthy. Most have issues with them like elevated start-zones and dragon perches. I've been working on a lunar map that I intend to add some Marvel and classic scenarios to eventually. It might work in a tournament scenario. It's not much to look at but then again it's supposed to be a barren moon-scape.

I also have some others in mind too but they're stretched out and I noticed that most of the maps already listed in the OP get you in the action pretty quickly. I imagine long maps favor ranged units. Who knows, it might be nice to mix it up a bit. If your interested I can suggest a couple.
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:30 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If you guys don't mind me asking, could you use my own:

The Hotways or The Highway 2.0 - 10/26/12
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

At your tourney? Considering you only have five maps in the OP, I'm guessing you have some built locally, so if you don't need it (or it uses too much, which could be the case), I will not be offended by a polite, "no".

NOTE: If you do use it, if you feel that the Lava/Castle ruins would favor Moltenclaw or Jotun throwing figures into the lava too much, then feel free to remove the wall walk/lava pieces if you'd like.

Thanks in advance! ~HS2010
Old November 5th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

@ Overgrown ~ Let's keep it simple and make it Attack +1, Defense +1.

@ Drewcula ~ I'd rather have you than a trophy but I'll settle for the trophy. And I'm glad you have an exhibit and Miami isn't so awful, so have a good time and I wish you the best. You're the artist but I like seeing the word "Heroscape" written out, so "National Heroscape Day 2012 Savage Maryland" is my preference.

@ AliasQTip, you're the best but I like maps with some LoS blockage and (normally) some kind of symmetry. I'd love for you to bring one of your creations, though. Can you modify Brawl in the Hall to make it work the long way, with some height or something? Feel free to post or PM (or email) ideas.

@ heroscaper2010 ~ Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe another time.

= =
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, I added a few more maps. I think we'll be tight for maps this time; please, if you can bring a map volunteer to do so, and if you can bring two, bring two.

If you have a terrain combination that might be enough to make two but not two on this list, let me know and we should be able to find something that works.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events