Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 25th, 2011, 10:11 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
DATE CHANGED - DFW - "Reverse the Whip" - July 2nd

Dallas/Ft.Worth's Annual Wacky Tournament - "Reverse the Whip"

Date & Time - Saturday, July 2nd, 2011. High Noon

Area 51 Gaming & Collectibles
130 N. Main Street, Ste. #130
Grapevine, TX 76051
Map Location
(817) 416-2595

Sponsors:
Area 51 Gaming and Collectibles

Cost - $10 per person.

Prizes - participants are not required to bring prize table items, but you can if you want!!

Event Parameters:
  • Same army all day. During rounds 2 and 3 of the tournament, you and your opponent will trade armies for that round.
  • No marvel or custom figures
  • Points = 415. You may increase the point limit of your army in any or all of the following ways:
    • +5 points: No army cards have any bonding ability.
      • If you choose a Unit with the Bonding ability but do not actually have the option to utilize Bonding in your Army, you may still receive the 5-point bonus to your army build.
    • +10 points: All army cards are of the same General. (Valkrill = Utgar)
    • +10 points: No army card is repeated more than twice in your army.
    • +15 points: No army cards have a base Range greater than 1 or a Special Attack whose range is greater than 1.
  • Start zones are 24 hexes

Maps & Glyphs:
If a map calls for a specific glyph, it will be used. Otherwise, these will be the random glyphs when called for:
Treasure glyphs: Brooch of Shielding, Oceanstrider Amulet, Giant Hunter Stone, Whetstone of Venom, Cloak of Invisibility.
All traps are 1-5: take a wound, 6+ take the treasure.
Power Glyphs: Dagmar (Init), Rannveig (Wind), Lodin (+1 d20), Oreld (Order Marker), Kelda (Healer)
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
Velenne
Lightbringer
TMac
Tmac's Dad

Special thanks to Dignan for creating a thread format I could cut and paste... but not too special. Just a little special.

Last edited by Velenne; June 24th, 2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Wow, guess no one's gonna let me run one of these ever again.
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:21 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: DFW - "Reverse the Whip" - June 25

I am going to be at Origins that weekend.

You guys enjoy!!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; May 26th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

I think my June 25th is open. I'll probably be there.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old May 26th, 2011, 02:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Just some outside curiosity, but do the Fen Hydra or Braxas deny you the 15 point bonus? My initial reading is no, but I wanted to alert you in case that's not the intention. Eltahale is another one where my literal reading is no but it's not clear what your intention is.

Although it doesn't really matter in a RTW format, it's fun to try to come up with armies that hit all four of the bonus categories. The best I can manage is Cyprien+Sonya+Fen Hydra+Phantom Knights x2.
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
it's not clear what your intention is.
yeah...this is a constant with velenne

Last edited by R˙chean; May 26th, 2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: zinged by the dok with a dogpile from R˙
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:45 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

You guys enjoy!!!
What sort of nerd-fest is that?!? Drop that crap and come play at my tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I think my June 25th is open. I'll probably be there.
I'll probably put you on the list.

Quote:
Just some outside curiosity, but do the Fen Hydra or Braxas deny you the 15 point bonus? My initial reading is no, but I wanted to alert you in case that's not the intention. Eltahale is another one where my literal reading is no but it's not clear what your intention is.
Braxas, FH, and Eltahalalala do not cause you to lose the 15 point bonus. I'll take a literal reading just to prevent confusion.

That said, I'm sure there's other angles I haven't considered and you're free to bring them to my attention.

Quote:
Although it doesn't really matter in a RTW format, it's fun to try to come up with armies that hit all four of the bonus categories. The best I can manage is Cyprien+Sonya+Fen Hydra+Phantom Knights x2.
I agree. I like the idea of providing incentives for creative builds like the one you just made.

Quote:
Quote:
it's not clear what your intention is.
yeah...this is a constant with velenne
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Quote:

You guys enjoy!!!
What sort of nerd-fest is that?!? Drop that crap and come play at my tournament.
Sure just reminburse me the airfare, badge, and tickets.

Or I dunno, maybe give more than a month's notice on the date of an event and maybe I wouldn't have made plans to go to Origins.

Old May 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Quote:

You guys enjoy!!!
Sure just reminburse me the airfare, badge, and tickets.

Or I dunno, maybe give more than a month's notice on the date of an event and maybe I wouldn't have made plans to go to Origins.
Do you accept posrep as compensation? Cuz I can totally posrep you one time and then it's all good.
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM

LightBringer has disabled reputation

Given any thought to what maps will be featured? Would it complicate things too much to do the MOP thing in addition to RTW?
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBringer View Post
Given any thought to what maps will be featured? Would it complicate things too much to do the MOP thing in addition to RTW?
I think it's tricked up enough as it is. There are a lot of good mapmakers out there who have contributed to the community over the years and I'd love to be able to give their work a chance to shine.

Here's a few I'm looking so far. These aren't finalized.

Dignan's Can't see the Jungle

Ollie's Inbetweener

Gamebear's Marpaseia's Glory

nyys' Voids

Ch1can0's Cool Walk

Luke C's Overpasses

Killometer's Rising Pressure

Velenne's Fen Orc Fort

For power glyphs we'll have these in the random pool: Dagmar (Init), Rannveig (Wind), Lodin (+1 d20), Oreld (Order Marker), Kelda (Healer)

Treasure glyphs: Brooch of Shielding, Oceanstrider Amulet, Giant Hunter Stone, Whetstone of Venom, Cloak of Invisibility.
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:36 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in like a mug!

Just to clarify, there are 4 rounds, and the 2nd and 3rd are played with your opponent's army, the 1st and 4th with your own?

Old May 28th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I'm in like a mug!

Just to clarify, there are 4 rounds, and the 2nd and 3rd are played with your opponent's army, the 1st and 4th with your own?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events