Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 18th, 2018, 01:05 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Last night, I got in Hardback x2 and Harry Potter: the Hogwarts game x2. Both are actually deck building games, with Hardback being competitive and HP being cooperative. Enjoyed both. For any that don't know Hardback it's similar mechanically to Star Realms, but the theme is letters and books, so it has a bit of Scrabble or Words with Friends in it. I initiated endgame and it looked like I would win, until the last player on their last card found a word to beat me by 2 points.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 22nd, 2018, 06:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Here is my list of games received in the last couple of years, and those coming soon. You can see my entire collection at www.boardgamegeek.com.

THE CHAS GAME EVENT HORIZON

RECEIVED 2016-18
QUARTERMASTER GENERAL Air Marshal, Alternate Histories
MTG: ARENA OF THE PLANESWALKERS Zendikar, Innistrad
SMASH UP (and Expansion #1)
HANNIBAL: ROME VS CARTHAGE
KEMET EXPANSIONs: Ta-Seti, Promos 4 Tiles/3Skills
BLOOD RAGE
THE GREAT WAR Tanks
AGE OF CONAN: ADVENTURES IN HYBORIA EXPANSION
FIREFLY (Jetwash, Esmeralda, Kalidasa, Game Mat, Crime and Punishment
C&C NAPOLEONICS EXPANSION #5: GMT, #6 Epic
MARE NOSTRUM EMPIRES with Atlas, KS Exclusives, Alternate Starting Leaders, Heroes of the Bible, Mythological Beasts
STAR TREK ASCENDANCY Cardassians, Ferengi, Borg
CRY HAVOC and Promo Cards, Aftermath Expansion
MEMOIR 44: Battles of Khalkin Gol
FAR EAST WAR 1592
INIS
THREE KINGDOMS REDUX
CYCLADES Monuments, Mini Expansion/Ancient Ruins Promo
EMPEROR'S CHOICE
IKI
C&C TRICORNE: AMERICAN REVOLUTION
CORTO
POLIS: FIGHT FOR THE HEGEMONY
CRY HAVOC: AFTERMATH EXPANSION
STAR TREK ASCENDANCY EXPANSION: BORG
878 VIKINGS: THE INVASIONS OF ENGLAND
RISING SUN
PENDRAGON

COMING 2018 (9)
MEMOIR 44 THROUGH JUNGLE AND DESERT (late April)
STAR TREK ASCENDANCY VULCANS (2Q)
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA *(Everything Epic; Preorder Special, (June)
THE GREAT WAR EXPANSION: THE FRENCH ARMY (PSC, KS June)
C&C MEDIEVAL* (GMT; Summer)
FIRE IN THE LAKE (GMT, Late Summer)
INIS EXPANSION (Metagot, Fall, Essen)
STAR TREK ASCENDANCY ANDORIANS (4Q)
TRICORNE: FRENCH ARMY EXPANSION (Compass, December)
Old April 27th, 2018, 04:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Went to my FLGS yesterday and picked up Memoir 44: Through Jungle and Desert.

Made an impulse buy of Alien Uprising (2014, Mr. B Games) by Richard Launius and Sean Brown for half price. Then tracked down 3 of the 7 expansions. Ended up paying about as much as if I'd gotten the game full price--but what the hey (only got the ones that affect game play).

I'll be playing the M44 on Saturday and my 16th game of Rising Sun on Sunday, which will complete my second cycle; having played all 8 clans twice (I've still only won once, but I love this game). In comparison, I played Blood Rage 21 times.
Old April 30th, 2018, 09:53 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@chas , have you played Tide of Iron? I'm interested in how you would compare ToI and M44.
Old April 30th, 2018, 12:14 PM

Porkins,

No. Tide of Iron and other simple WWII designs are still unknown to me, such as Heroes of Normandy, etc. I'm so heavily invested in all the C&C games, that I don't usually buy other games in the periods they cover. But I'd play someone else's copies of them if I got a chance!

BTW, the three desert standard scenarios in M44: Through Jungle and Desert are very nicely balanced!

Also BTW, check out my recent post The Chas Game Event Horizon for the list of all the games I've been playing lately and not as lately. You can ask me about any of them!

Charley
Old April 30th, 2018, 02:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A friend picked up a new copy of Pandemic for $8 somehow so three of us gave it a go this weekend. We ended up playing 3 times, first time we lost, 2nd time we won at the last possible moment, 3rd time we won pretty comfortably. I liked it, I think we will increase the difficulty level the next time we play since we now have a pretty good idea of how to play. Some pretty neat game mechanics at work. I'm curious to check out the other versions of the game now too. Might pick one of those up at Toys R' Us when they mark their board games down 50% or more.
Old April 30th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Discovered a cool little card game called Temp-Purr-A during Tabletop Day at Powell's Books on Saturday. It's about making others draw cards until they get indigestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 30th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Saturday morning I played a first game of DnD with my buddy Brian in his DM debut, and 3 of his friends from church. He had been trying to get them to play for a couple years and finally got it going, with me being the 4th player. We had a lot of fun and I was the Halfling Rogue, and shot a lot of goblins through the eye with my short bow.

I had been involved for a few sessions with Brian and 3 other players, and James in Virginia as the DM on the online roll d20 system and chatting via Google Hangouts. But I only joined that because Brian wasn't sure how long his real in person group would take to get together. But now that he did and I joined in that campaign, I dropped out of the roll d20 group. They were fine with it, as they had been going before I joined in anyway. I just didn't want to be committed to 2 groups and still want to play board games with my group as well as some occasional tabletop miniatures games.

I'm going to be 51 in June and a bit late to the DnD scene, but I think it will be fun. The other guys are 30's and 40's, so none of us are spring chickens.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 30th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice Hahma. It really comes down to the GM. If your GM is good, it will be fun, regardless of anything else, well except if the players do not get along.

Are there criticals that tell you that you shot someone in the eye or is that GM flavor?
Old April 30th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice Hahma. It really comes down to the GM. If your GM is good, it will be fun, regardless of anything else, well except if the players do not get along.

Are there criticals that tell you that you shot someone in the eye or is that GM flavor?
No criticals, just my own flavor for that.

It started out early, when my halfling jumped onto a dead horse before attacking a goblin with a short sword. Before rolling the d20, I said, " I'm going to stab him in the eye!" Well I hit with the d20 and did enough damage to kill it. From then on out, as we encountered more goblins near and in a cave, I switched to using my short bow. And before rolling the d20 to hit, I would say, "I'm going to shoot him in the eye!" Well I was really good at hitting, as I only missed once out of like 6 shots. And when I did hit, I always rolled good for damage and killed them. So it became a superstition for me to keep saying that before rolling to hit.

Then I did have one critical vs a bugbear that had been already taken a lot of damage from the rest of the party. Plus it was a sneak attack bonus. So basically 3 dice for damage. The DM let me roll 2 damage dice against the bugbear and since it was enough to finish it off, he let me roll the 3rd damage die against a goblin that was about 10 feet behind the bugbear. I did enough to kill the goblin too. So we joked that it went through the bugbear's eye and into the goblin

Old April 30th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Those are the experiences that make RPGs great. Sounds like a fun time!

You should post your tale over in DS's thread.
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Those are the experiences that make RPGs great. Sounds like a fun time!

You should post your tale over in DS's thread.
I can't seem to find that thread. I can't recall where the heck it is. The only way I found it before was via a link someone shared.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games