Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 19th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Tomoe Gozan ~~ Playtesting Phase

I'd say keep her at 160, just to make sure, and leave it there.
Old July 19th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, with Hahma and Griff both retired, I guess somebody needs to do the ranting.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2014, 02:47 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Should we run her through the competitive testing guys before moving ahead with cards here? Not exactly sure the new processes and everything yet.
Old September 5th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You certainly can if you like. Or you can wait until after we wrap things up. But it probably doesn't hurt to do it now while it's still in Playtesting.

The new process will have us doing a vote to do the initial (like in public) at which point we'll move it to the Competitive area, get their feedback and suggestions for the initial, then we'll do the initial, then when we vote for playtesting, we'll move it back to the Inner Sanctum and proceed like normal from there. No more ERB phase.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Tests from Viegon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon
Here's a pair of games for Tomoe Gozen. I don't know the character, but I really enjoyed playing her. Fan Dance is really unique and interesting, and it compliments her other two reused powers very nicely. She's a fun unit to boost because she strongly benefits from rolling both extra attack dice and extra defense dice, but even the strongest boosts (Enchantress, Invisible Woman, etc.) don't overpower her.

For balance, I think she's about perfect. She's a really nice offensive unit for her cost, but she goes down under any concentrated fire. I would suggest bumping her cost a little (170-180) just to be on the safe side, as she does have a lot of potential in the right builds, but I don't think she's unbalanced at 160.

However, there are a couple oddities with Fan Dance that'll at the very least need to be FAQed after release:
1) Can she move up levels of terrain with Fan Dance when she rolls multiple shields at once, or does the "move Tomoe Gozan 1 space" part apply one at a time for each shield rolled? My interpratation would be that she can combine them to move up, but I'd prefer to see the power tweaked to address this either way.
2) When she's attacked by a melee figure, does the attack continue even if she moves away from them with Fan Dance? I'm pretty certain the answer is yes, you still finish the attack if she moves away (this is how I played it), but I expect people to ask this one.
3) Similar to #2, what happens if Fan Dance kills the attacker? Again, it seems obvious to me the attack would finish out and that she could still take wounds.

Besides that though, this design get's a big from me.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Tomoe Gozen

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 160-170
- Give a brief overview. Tomoe performed nicely this game, acting as a great offensive unit when paired with Enchantress, all the time while her Engagement Strike forced the Gorillas to play carefully. Unfortunately, the enemy’s ability to throw figures and defense dice failing her at the worst possible time spelled an early death for Tomoe. But even with that, she made up almost exactly her points worth.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: 2 Gorilla City Warriors, 1 wound to Super-Ape (Peotor).
Fan Dance: N/A
Engagement Strike 15: 1 Gorilla City Warrior.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Fan Dance: Defended against 3 normal attacks; granted 5 total additional defense dice, moved 4 total spaces, wounded the attacker 0 times.
Engagement Strike 15: Rolled for 2 times, 15+ rolled 1 time.

Map: Dark Dimensions (no glyphs or special rules, except all molten lava tiles played as shadow spaces)
Units: Tomoe Gozen, Enchantress, Invisible Woman, Beast Boy (Pterodactyl), Angel (Liam) (995 points) VS Gorilla City Warriors x3, Solovar, Super-Ape (Mikhlo), Super-Ape (Peotor) (1,005 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 170-190
- Give a brief overview. This was a nice match-up for Tomoe, and due to careful playing she was able to stick around long enough to do a lot of damage.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: 2 Thunderers of Qward, all 3 wounds to Shadow Demon #1.
Fan Dance: N/A
Engagement Strike 15: N/A
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Fan Dance: Defended against 4 normal attacks; granted 7 total additional defense dice, moved 5 total spaces, wounded the attacker 0 times.
Engagement Strike 15: Never triggered.

Map: Dark Dimensions (no glyphs or special rules, lava played as normal)
Units: Tomoe Gozen, Lady Shiva, Hand Ninja x3, Trickster (655 points) VS Thunderers of Qward x3, Shadow Demon x2 (650 points)
Spoiler Alert!
I think raising her cost to 165-170 would be best here to be on the safe side.

As for V's points: on #1, what about adding in the "up to X levels up or down" wording from Acrobatic Maneuver? It seems thematic for the power, and clear things up nicely:

Quote:
FAN DANCE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, for each shield rolled, you may move Tomoe Gozan 1 space up to 5 levels up or down and roll an additional defense die. You may continue rolling defense dice until Tomoe Gozan moves adjacent to the attacking figure or you fail to roll any shields. Tomoe Gozan never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving with Fan Dance, and if she moves adjacent to the attacking figure, if that figure was not engaged with Tomoe Gozan at the start of the Fan Dance, it receives a wound.
#s 2&3, unless anyone has any simple wording suggestions, FAQ it? I think V played it the correct way. @Lord Pyre , if you're hanging around at all, feel free to chime in.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 29th, 2014, 03:29 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

He's got it right! Basically, someone takes a swing at her. She then dodges, and potentially attacks him back to kill him, in that order.

For cost, I was thinking about 160-170. I personally thought that 180 was too high.
Old October 29th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we can FAQ this. It seems intuitive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 29th, 2014, 05:30 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

How do you guys feel about the proposed change to Fan Dance?

Old October 29th, 2014, 06:42 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Fan dance is an awesome ability. VERY cool idea. I don't think she is any stronger than other assassin like heroes at her price (Azrael/Electra/Merlyn) in terms of theory scape. So I find her exciting and fun.
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
FAN DANCE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, for each shield rolled, you may move Tomoe Gozan 1 space up to 5 levels up or down and roll an additional defense die. You may continue rolling defense dice until Tomoe Gozan moves adjacent to the attacking figure or you fail to roll any shields. Tomoe Gozan never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving with Fan Dance, and if she moves adjacent to the attacking figure, if that figure was not engaged with Tomoe Gozan at the start of the Fan Dance, it receives a wound.
@Lord Pyre , everybody else, what do you guys think about this change? Makes it clear whether or not she can move up, and is thematically similar to other acrobatic powers.

And how about this for an FAQ:

Q: If Tomoe Gozan uses Fan Dance to move away from a melee attack or to kill the attacking figure, can she still be wounded by the attack?
A: Yes. Fan Dance does not prevent the attack.

Old October 31st, 2014, 12:21 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

to both.
Old October 31st, 2014, 12:34 PM
...has moist legs

Works for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library