Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 9th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Spider-Man (Symbiote) - Waiting for Initial

I'm with Bats on this one. Wounds make it more complicated than it is worth...unless maybe you limit it per attack "....if Spider-Man inflicts 2 or more wounds in a single attack or attacks 4 times in a single turn, he may not attack for the remainder of the round."
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I'm with Bats on this one. Wounds make it more complicated than it is worth...unless maybe you limit it per attack "....if Spider-Man inflicts 2 or more wounds in a single attack or attacks 4 times in a single turn, he may not attack for the remainder of the round."
How does that overcomplicate it? How is 'inflicts three or more wounds in a turn' more complicated than 'attacks three times'.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll have a new take up in a few minutes. I'm feeling pretty solid on the change I'm going to propose.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2020, 12:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Because it doesn't seem like what you are going for at all anyways and it introduces a memory mechanic to the power. Say you deal a wound on attack 1 and then you roll well and attack 4 more times and don't get another wound till your 5th attack. How does that show Rage and remorse any better? Sure it could happen in 1 or 2 or even 3 attacks, but how likely is that? I think tying wounds to a single attack makes more sense than just flat tying it to wounds dealt does.

Looking forward to Bats' tweak
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:18 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm currently thinking this. The way I read the theme of what happened in the comics, the symbiote powered him up and then he chose to be aggressive, then he felt remorse for hurting someone/going too far. Other than making him patrol at night, it doesn't seem like the Symbiote really took him over, so I'd rather just streamline it so it's in the player's control and we don't worry about the push and pull of the high and low rolls of the 20-side die.

Fists of Fury seems like a good template to use then, retaining the downside from before (though I want to amp that up to -4 now that it's completely under the player's control - and to make you both really feel the remorse and to make the penalty more likely to be relevant with a very hard to hit figure).

Quote:
RAGE AND REMORSE
If Spider-Man rolls at least 3 skulls with his normal attack, he may attack again with his normal attack. Spider-Man may continue attacking this way until he rolls fewer than 3 skulls or attacks a fourth time. If Spider-Man inflicts three or more wounds in a single turn, then until the start of the next round, he may not attack again and whenever you roll the 20-sided die for his Symbiote Spider-Sense, subtract 4 from the roll.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

That seems like a very workable direction. I'd suggest going back to "destroys a Unique Hero" as the downside though, now that it's just worse Fists of Fury.
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Agreed on all counts
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I can work with that, but just so you know that's extremely close to the power I had on my original draft which everyone seemed to hate. Honestly, I still prefer something similar to the current take, but I can run with that. Just basing the remorse aspect on 'oh no, I punched a third time' still feels completely wrong to me, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:43 PM

I prefer the wound count because it has a chance to trigger in one-on-ones and to trigger more often. In a fight with Superman, for instance, it could give Supes a couple shots at him with the D20 penalty.

Old March 9th, 2020, 12:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm currently thinking this. The way I read the theme of what happened in the comics, the symbiote powered him up and then he chose to be aggressive, then he felt remorse for hurting someone/going too far. Other than making him patrol at night, it doesn't seem like the Symbiote really took him over, so I'd rather just streamline it so it's in the player's control and we don't worry about the push and pull of the high and low rolls of the 20-side die.

Fists of Fury seems like a good template to use then, retaining the downside from before (though I want to amp that up to -4 now that it's completely under the player's control - and to make you both really feel the remorse and to make the penalty more likely to be relevant with a very hard to hit figure).

Quote:
RAGE AND REMORSE
If Spider-Man rolls at least 3 skulls with his normal attack, he may attack again with his normal attack. Spider-Man may continue attacking this way until he rolls fewer than 3 skulls or attacks a fourth time. If Spider-Man inflicts three or more wounds in a single turn, then until the start of the next round, he may not attack again and whenever you roll the 20-sided die for his Symbiote Spider-Sense, subtract 4 from the roll.
I like it! Takes out the extra D20 roll so it will be quicker in execution and less annoying.

What’s the C3G stance on overkill? If you score three hits on a figure with one life left...that sort of thing. Mostly asking for another design I’ve been toying with.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:51 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Quote:
RAGE AND REMORSE
I like it! Takes out the extra D20 roll so it will be quicker in execution and less annoying.

What’s the C3G stance on overkill? If you score three hits on a figure with one life left...that sort of thing. Mostly asking for another design I’ve been toying with.
We clarified that with Dracula. If Wolverine has 1 life remaining but takes 3 hits, he receives 3 wounds before any other powers take effect.
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:54 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I can dig it

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library