Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 7th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I agree that 3 defense seems too low. I'd prefer to have 4 defense, even if it raised their price to 13 or 14.

But you've got to admit that "Dismiss the Rabble" is one of the funniest power names out there. (My opinion anyway.)
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I am really surprised that no disengage was given, but I am not complaining. Sure, range will take them out, but they look like awesome cleanup units. Plus, they can probably catch up with most range easily.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The low defense might be quite problematic with this squad. Just played in a game today where Wytefang brought them into battle... The figures look incredible, and their attack is solid, but they were unfortunately easily destroyed by ranged attacks. (Mimring fireline to be exact).

The squad of pony boys was taken out early, so overall the jury is still out, but so far, their initial showing was disapointing.

but again, they LOOK fantastic!!!!!! And I believe they still have a lot potential.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 9th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Oh the Flanking Possibility of the Templars really should strike fear into the army attacking the door of the castle. Also the best way to use the Templars are as the second wave to push into the enemy line and cause a split in the line allowing the other heavy infantry{i.e. KOW,Sentinels, ETC.} to filter in, nSplit the line or mob, and them cause a forced rout

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Oh the Flanking Possibility of the Templars really should strike fear into the army attacking the door of the castle. Also the best way to use the Templars are as the second wave to push into the enemy line and cause a split in the line allowing the other heavy infantry{i.e. KOW,Sentinels, ETC.} to filter in, nSplit the line or mob, and them cause a forced rout
You just gave me a picture of having a battle with huge armies, like around 2000-3000 points, and dividing them and using them like you would in an actual war. Send in the fast, suicide squads first, then the Cavalry, etc.

As soon as I have enough figures, I am doing this. It would be like the ultimate test of strategy.

Old July 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
You just gave me a picture of having a battle with huge armies, like around 2000-3000 points, and dividing them and using them like you would in an actual war. Send in the fast, suicide squads first, then the Cavalry, etc.

As soon as I have enough figures, I am doing this. It would be like the ultimate test of strategy.
At least theoryscape wise this is where the Templars will shine, in huge theme battles exceeding 1500 points.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:51 PM

John Smith has disabled reputation
Braxas

I'm definitely looking forward to a massive cavalry assault on Braxas...

"It'll hurt if i do"
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I suppose they are similar to kyrie in heroscape. I was disappointed by the cavalry a little when i first saw them, that defense is poor. But then again think about it. Einar imperium are much more expensive, with the same defense. SUre they have doubl attack, but that can sometimes be a hinderance (counterstrike). The cavalry can have a massive attack for a squad, with the same defense (and if against a medium or small unit, even more defense).

They can't fly, which seperates them from the kyrie flock, and their double base makes them easier to see, get engaged with, and more difficult to manuever. But they do have 8 movement, which is pretty awesome. I hope these guys get some use in a tournament setting. I'm sure a lot of people will draft them because they are cool, but i'd like their playability to be more eclectic.
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Mystyc has disabled reputation
Any war stories for these guys yet? I really like them.

I'm toying with the idea of this army for my next game:
Code:
Templar Knights x 2........240
Knights of Weston x 2......140
Sir Gilbert................105
Isamu.......................10
Total......................495
The obvious weakness is that you have no ranged units, but I'm wondering if the ability to either move nine figures per turn, or just cross the board in two moves, would make up for it.
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:58 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Looking foward to playing with these guys, but I honestly think their value will depend upon the map you are playing. Generally speaking we like to use all of our terrain, and if the play area is limited we build up instead of out, and with all those hills, double based figures (even those with flying) often have to take inferior positioning. However, if you have a relatively flat map at any size, these knights will be davastating to any unit.

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My biggest problem with this unit is the height. A 6 height seems ridiculous. I know they did it to account for the horses' ability to move up elevations, but having a Templar next to a 6 hex high piece of terrain with an enemy on it and not being able to call them engaged is ridiculous. The enemy in some cases will still be shorter than the Templar, but can't be attacked.

Old July 19th, 2007, 04:16 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
My biggest problem with this unit is the height. A 6 height seems ridiculous. I know they did it to account for the horses' ability to move up elevations, but having a Templar next to a 6 hex high piece of terrain with an enemy on it and not being able to call them engaged is ridiculous. The enemy in some cases will still be shorter than the Templar, but can't be attacked.
And really silly, considering 6 height doesn't actually limit their ability to climb in any way unless you give them a glyph or road bonus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units