Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 6th, 2022, 05:53 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I mean pics of what we have, at least the terrain. Show some people what 4 of these new Master Sets could build. They definitely did not tap the potential of epic battlefields yet.
Do we have an actual breakdown of the terrain included yet? As someone who's considering backing for terrain and selling the minis to recoup some cost (if I can scrounge together the budget) I'd be pretty interested. But also we don't know what maps we can build unless we know the specifics of the terrain being offered.
They're keeping it secret so you'll be surprised when you open it.
Old October 7th, 2022, 06:56 PM

meanpie is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Skyknight swears that speedpaint is a thing and that it works well and quickly. That’s my plan.
Can someone explain this speedpaint thing? I've seen a few posts about it.

Heroscape 4 Life
Old October 7th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I mean pics of what we have, at least the terrain. Show some people what 4 of these new Master Sets could build. They definitely did not tap the potential of epic battlefields yet.
Do we have an actual breakdown of the terrain included yet? As someone who's considering backing for terrain and selling the minis to recoup some cost (if I can scrounge together the budget) I'd be pretty interested. But also we don't know what maps we can build unless we know the specifics of the terrain being offered.
They shared a breakdown of the terrain today on Discord and it's making the rounds. I don't think it's on the campaign page or anything, but at least it's being discussed.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2022, 07:07 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
They shared a breakdown of the terrain today on Discord and it's making the rounds. I don't think it's on the campaign page or anything, but at least it's being discussed.
But that ruins the surprise.
Old October 7th, 2022, 07:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2022, 09:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanpie View Post
Quote:
Skyknight swears that speedpaint is a thing and that it works well and quickly. That’s my plan.
It’s a kind of paint that does some highlighting and some shading without you having to do anything to it. I have no idea how it works. Appears to be magic.

Anyway. According to these YouTube videos it appears to take about 10 minutes a figure. You end up with a paint job that is better than original Scape, which didn’t have those features at all. Not good enough to win you a mini painting contest, but nice looking.

I’ve never done it but I’ve watched a few videos. Enough to believe that it’s a real thing and does what people say it does.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I can attest that you get pretty astounding results. I don't love it for some categories of detail work, but I've been impressed at the results I'm getting with it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:46 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanpie View Post
Quote:
It’s a kind of paint that does some highlighting and some shading without you having to do anything to it. I have no idea how it works. Appears to be magic.

Anyway. According to these YouTube videos it appears to take about 10 minutes a figure. You end up with a paint job that is better than original Scape, which didn’t have those features at all. Not good enough to win you a mini painting contest, but nice looking.

I’ve never done it but I’ve watched a few videos. Enough to believe that it’s a real thing and does what people say it does.
You need to base the entire mini (spray paint - normally black) then highlight from the top with white spray paint. This allows for dark recesses but highlighted areas when you use contrast (or speedpaints) which is a very thin style of paint to go over the figure once and that's you done.

Each medium figure should take about 10 minutes and will look pretty good.

I just tried it out on a couple of skeleton squads (from heroquest) to check it out...and it works. Not up to what I like but it's not bad.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 7th, 2022 at 09:48 PM. Reason: It's okay...not great but okay.
Old October 8th, 2022, 01:15 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The Speedpaints will provide highlights even on just one coat of white primer. The two-primer technique is a nice touch, but I wouldn't consider it necessary for speed paints.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:41 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I started by doing very basic paint jobs with a dip. Something like one color each for skin, weapon, clothing, armor. Then a dark floor varnish watered down to a watery consistency. The figure with a very basic paint job gets dipped in the varnish and then shaken to remove excess wash. If it's too dark in places, I touch them with a brush to soak a little wash up. The wash does a lot for shadowing and adds a battleworn look to the figures and the varnish gives it a harder coating that protects the paint, which can chip or rub off with use.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 8th, 2022, 07:26 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I started by doing very basic paint jobs with a dip. Something like one color each for skin, weapon, clothing, armor. Then a dark floor varnish watered down to a watery consistency. The figure with a very basic paint job gets dipped in the varnish and then shaken to remove excess wash. If it's too dark in places, I touch them with a brush to soak a little wash up. The wash does a lot for shadowing and adds a battleworn look to the figures and the varnish gives it a harder coating that protects the paint, which can chip or rub off with use.
Army painter makes a "friendlier" dip than floor varnish. I recommend applying the wash with a cheep brush for more control and less mess, but the results are solid.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 9th, 2022, 02:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I just picked up a can of the 'dip' for the first time this weekend at a gaming shop. Cost me $30, but I wanted to try this stuff out. Never used it before.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion