Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 17th, 2022, 05:37 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Everybody seems to feel that only a professional paint job will do. I'll just trim paint them with flesh, weapons, whatever, and be content.
Old August 17th, 2022, 05:38 PM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
To be perfectly blunt, I can paint but...Heroscape, at least for me, was all about the amazing aesthetics and lack of work involved before setting up a map and playing the game.

Even Heroquest is a pain in the butt because I'm still painting some figures and using proxies (actually a lot of Heroscape figures) to play.

So I totally get that some are upset or not as enthused as others about the lack of paint effort by Hasbro. I also understand the reasoning behind the one tone figures but that doesn't make it wonderful.

At least the game is coming back.
100%. But, I would be equally concerned that if the price doubled (just as a hypothetical place to discuss from) due to costs that it would also push people away. Hopefully they have done all they can to balance detail of models, cost to get in, and all that. No matter what though, there will always be people disappointed. Heck, I bet we would see even more negative remarks today that the paintjobs or detail is weak and potential players will pass on that too. It's a hard thing to find a landing place on as a developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Everybody seems to feel that only a professional paint job will do. I'll just trim paint them with flesh, weapons, whatever, and be content.
This is also a very good point. I haven't decided yet on how crazy I will go on the paint jobs, but that'll just wait until I have them in hand.

Old August 17th, 2022, 07:16 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I remember before I started painting it wasn't a concern of having professional paint jobs, it was a more a concern of how bad they would look with my sausage sized fingers going at it. I assumed they would suck.

I made mistakes but soon learned you can always repaint and retouch afterwards and they'll turn out decent...I just don't like painting. And being forced to do a hobby just to play my favorite...kinda sucks.

BUT, I'm still thrilled it's back.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 18th, 2022 at 08:15 AM. Reason: There is no back without having a forward.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

For some people, I'm sure, it will make sense to hire someone local (or not local) to paint them. Unpainted is the norm for minis games.

Also, apparently "speedpaint" is a thing, and people say that it really works. If you want to try painting again, with a fancy paint that does some of the work for you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 21st, 2022, 04:36 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

I too dislike the figures not being painted as that was the main thing that appealed to me about heroscape. I’m on the fence on buying it because I’m married now and don’t have time to paint every figure but I’m still happy that it’s back.

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 21st, 2022, 05:40 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like everything to be a sea of tan. That’s the way I envision these new steam punk-esqe units.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 21st, 2022, 07:45 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I would like everything to be a sea of tan. That’s the way I envision these new steam punk-esqe units.
Gray all the way. Gray lava. Gray snow. Gray ice. Gray water and gray swamp water. Gray grass and rock and sand and magma and shadows. I want to be confused about everything.

Upset City Baby.
Old August 21st, 2022, 08:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If I paint the new figures, I'm considering leaving the bases alone in whatever color plastic they are cast in. Then it should be easier to see what units are what with just a glance over the board.
Old August 21st, 2022, 09:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I have many, many minis board games from the last ten years, from houses like CMON (3 games by Eric M. Lang). But it would be more work than I have left in me to paint 'em. However, the new Scape will I suppose deserve a trim painting, to be equal to all their older brothers and sisters. I hope my paints aren't all dried out by now!
Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:33 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Assuming a 400$ cost on a 30 figure masterset (similar to AotP) was an accurate statement, then If the masterset was 100$ that leaves 300$ for commission. That's 10$ a figure, which I think might be reasonable especially if you have an arts school or even a high school with wargame players nearby. You can even viste a games workshop store and see if they know anyone interested. Ive found Warhammer folks approachable (especially the shop staff) and I'm sure they would know gamers that would turn your money into more Warhammer given the chance.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:40 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Assuming a 400$ cost on a 30 figure masterset (similar to AotP) was an accurate statement, then If the masterset was 100$ that leaves 300$ for commission. That's 10$ a figure, which I think might be reasonable especially if you have an arts school or even a high school with wargame players nearby. You can even viste a games workshop store and see if they know anyone interested. Ive found Warhammer folks approachable (especially the shop staff) and I'm sure they would know gamers that would turn your money into more Warhammer given the chance.
Good thought...but being Scottish, I'll paint and grumble about it. LOL

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 22nd, 2022 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Love the solutions this community can brings...shows they care.
Old September 1st, 2022, 10:38 PM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

My last post was deleted/disappeared/etc., but I've been into Heroscape ever since 2004 and lurked on here for nearly 10 years before signing up. That being said, I am uber excited about the revival of Heroscape! While I am not estatic about the figures being unpainted, I really do love Heroscape, so I will make an effort to learn how to paint them.

With that being said, I wonder if the kickstarter might include painted figures as a possibility? Wonder how much one might have to shell out for that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion