Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old July 16th, 2014, 12:27 AM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nomad & Longy418 Maps - 4 New Maps 7/7/2014

We found Cinder Ravine Roads on the map finder excel sheet and played earlier this week. Enjoyed it so much I just looked up the creator and promptly downloaded all your maps that we have the sets for. Great idea to convert BOV maps into 4 player maps, although I'm not a fan of the awkward jagged edges on some of them. Mainly the rules surrounding that, not necessarily the map making - you really need those to separate start zones though.

Perhaps you might want to do some of the GenCon maps in addition to the BOV maps. Common Ground, Dry Season, Derelict, Guardian, Little Rampart, Feylund Fountain, Just Passing Through, Fissure, Isenfell, Winter Holdout, Breach, Trailblazer, Sentinel, Song of the Walrus, and Rift Valley are the ones I have on my tournament maps list.

In our multiplayer games, we've really liked using 300-400 points each and playing first to kill that many points wins. You get fractional scoring for squad figures (including regenerated marro warriors and zombies), and you get fractional scoring when you kill heroes based on how many wounds you caused - if you just cause wounds and don't get the kill, those points are not collected.
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Browncoat for Swamp Thing and Mad_Wookie for Morindan Graveyard are given all the credit in the PDF downloads.
Oh I see
Old October 26th, 2014, 01:25 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You’ve read the books or seen the movies. Now, play The Hunger Games, Heroscape Style. The Hunger Games, Heroscape Style brings you Tributes, the Cornucopia, Sponsors, Game Makers, and annoying monsters that will get the action going.

The Hunger Games - Heroscape Style

We have had tons of fun with this scenario - enjoy and comment on what would be an improvement. Thanks.

Last edited by Nomad; June 30th, 2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old October 26th, 2014, 04:33 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome scenario! You've really captured the flavor of the book within the rules of Heroscape. I like how the eliminated players get to become the Game Masters. Keeps them in the game and totally fits the escalation in the book.

A question on Sponsors -- is it only a natural 20, or do the Sponsors like Mogrimm a lot? It would be cool if a hero could earn "celebrity" with a great combat roll to boost the possibility of Sponsors....

May the dice be ever in your favor!
Old October 26th, 2014, 08:31 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks IshMEL. We got in a four person Hunger Games today . . . Sgt Drake v2 and Guilty hung on for the win. The Master of the Hunt was a star and wore a target most of the game. He finally fell on a couple of attacks from the Quasatch monsters. My combo of Tandros and Thorgrim were dead before the end of round two.

I'm thinking a natural 20 is for the sponsors drop. I hadn't thought of celebrity status . . .

Also, I have made a couple of edits in the download - the 5-player glyph set-up was incorrect and there were errors in the list of glyphs.
Old October 27th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
You’ve read the books or seen the movies. Now, play The Hunger Games, Heroscape Style. The Hunger Games, Heroscape Style brings you Tributes, the Cornucopia, Sponsors, Game Makers, and annoying monsters that will get the action going.

The Hunger Games - Heroscape Style

We have had tons of fun with this scenario - enjoy and comment on what would be an improvement. Thanks.

I actually like this Hunger Games map more than the others I've seen before (and tried to make). Nice work! I only wish I had enough people to play it with .
Old November 4th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Nomad & Longy418 Maps. The Hunger Games added 10/25

I haven't read or watched the Hunger Games, but the scenario looks fun, and the map set-up is simple compared to some other similar scenarios I've played (Odin's Coliseum comes to mind).

Is there a special rule for picking up the T-glyphs in the center of the map? I didn't see it specified in the rules, if there was a trap or if you even need to roll.
Old November 5th, 2014, 04:36 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
I haven't read or watched the Hunger Games, but the scenario looks fun, and the map set-up is simple compared to some other similar scenarios I've played (Odin's Coliseum comes to mind).

Is there a special rule for picking up the T-glyphs in the center of the map? I didn't see it specified in the rules, if there was a trap or if you even need to roll.
I don't see it in the Rules but when Nomad ran me through this scenario there were NO traps for the treasures.
Old November 5th, 2014, 11:22 PM

Thanks, o-hippo.

No traps to pick up a Treasure Glyph . . . there are perils enough just jumping into the chaos of the cornucopia to try to get a glyph that no traps are necessary. I can't believe I didn't mention that in the rules. Time for another edit.

Thanks for the question, Sparkle.
Old March 20th, 2015, 10:48 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

These are great, I usually throw together our four player maps when my group plays, but I may need to just download these for a well placed change of pace. Keep up the good work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 27th, 2015, 11:57 PM

Thanks for the kind words, TREX, and it is encouragement to continue building and designing maps.
Old July 14th, 2015, 03:48 PM

Re: Nomad & Longy418 Maps. New 3-player map added 7/14/15

Wannok Valley added 7/14/15

For 3-players. Uses BftU x3 and RttFF x3.

We have had a number of very strategic and epic battles on this map.

Last edited by Nomad; June 30th, 2017 at 03:18 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios