Notices

Old January 8th, 2010, 12:26 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Feral Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Timmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
The Feral Troll looks pretty strong, his only weakness is his low defense.
Blood Frenzy and Regenerate look pretty strong.
I can't wait to play him!
pretty strong for his 1 defense?

Serious, rats could take him down... Not really... my money would be on the troll... But, I would say they wouldn't be a tournament scene army figure. I would say they would just be clean up, but for 90 points, NGS would be much better or even the Warden.

You think he would be a decent hero killer? Most hero's that are in armies could smoke them, Cyprien can kill him, and anyone for that matter, in one turn. Of course doing that takes some luck but could do it. Only support heroes like Realin could it be good against. Even then, I would say Realin could kill it quicker then the Troll could kill Realin.
He is just a backwards deathwalker. Lots of life little defence instead of lots of defence little life. But hey unless you get hit by Jotun rolling all skulls and wiff on defence which is very unlikely you can take a bad roll and come back to punish later.FBD88
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALLDUDE88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Timmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
The Feral Troll looks pretty strong, his only weakness is his low defense.
Blood Frenzy and Regenerate look pretty strong.
I can't wait to play him!
pretty strong for his 1 defense?

Serious, rats could take him down... Not really... my money would be on the troll... But, I would say they wouldn't be a tournament scene army figure. I would say they would just be clean up, but for 90 points, NGS would be much better or even the Warden.

You think he would be a decent hero killer? Most hero's that are in armies could smoke them, Cyprien can kill him, and anyone for that matter, in one turn. Of course doing that takes some luck but could do it. Only support heroes like Realin could it be good against. Even then, I would say Realin could kill it quicker then the Troll could kill Realin.
He is just a backwards deathwalker. Lots of life little defence instead of lots of defence little life. But hey unless you get hit by Jotun rolling all skulls and wiff on defence which is very unlikely you can take a bad roll and come back to punish later.FBD88
Seriously, until you play against the Troll, you fail to realize how hard one is to take down. Unless you have a hero with multiple attacks. Also a squad will probally take him down quickly. But Rats, with one atack, please, he regenerates with each turn, and one to two hits per turn of rats, does not take hime down. Two squads of rats fell to the troll in spectacular fashion.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:08 PM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

Can the Troll be used with Ornak's Red Flag of Fury. In keeping with the rule, "Do what the card says not what it does not," the answer would be no. Ornak's card specifically refers to "Unique Heros" while the Troll is, of course, an "Uncommon Hero." Other references report that Uncommon Heros are to be treated as Unique Heros in all cases except that you can have more than one of them. In which case, Ornak could activate them. As no synergies are listed here for the Troll, I am confused - Help?

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower of Vydar View Post
Can the Troll be used with Ornak's Red Flag of Fury. In keeping with the rule, "Do what the card says not what it does not," the answer would be no. Ornak's card specifically refers to "Unique Heros" while the Troll is, of course, an "Uncommon Hero." Other references report that Uncommon Heros are to be treated as Unique Heros in all cases except that you can have more than one of them. In which case, Ornak could activate them. As no synergies are listed here for the Troll, I am confused - Help?
Uncommon Heroes are considered Unique heroes in every way, except that more then one can be used, so yes, Ornak should work!
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

The synergy should be listed here. Officially, the design team have said "Uncommon Heroes are treated EXACTLY like Unique Heroes except you can have more than one in your army." They can pick up Treasure Glyphs, be Mind Shackled, so they should be able to be used by Ornak.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:02 PM

360ownism is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I think this figure is atrocious. it can pretty much be counterd by any squad that combined attack dice equal 9 or more. gets killed to easliy.

Play Runescape? Add 360ownism to your friend list!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...40#post1012740
Check out pokescape!Could've had a V8!
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:12 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ownism View Post
I think this figure is atrocious. it can pretty much be counterd by any squad that combined attack dice equal 9 or more. gets killed to easliy.
Use him against heroes, not squads. Use your other guys for the squads.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ownism View Post
I think your signature is atrocious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 10th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I agree with Jexik and I'm going to have to clean this mess up come next summer. <grin>
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ive gotta say I love the Troll. I dont see him being good in a typical 500pt Kill em all battle. I think he can be a decent clean up figure though. As long as the rest of your army can deal with squads, and maybe put a few wounds on any hereos, he will be awesome end game. I think he will be even better in a draft too. For a Unique only tournament coming up in KC I was thinking of something like:

Ornak - 100
Trolls x 2 - 280
Marcu - 300
Cyprien - 450
Marro Warriors

With this army youd lead with Cyprien and Marro Warriors, of course Ornak would get OM1 most of the time. Once you got enough wounds out there you start bringing up the Trolls. I also think the Troll is best if hes the only one your putting OMers on. If you have to split up OMers you aren't healing as much and its easier for your opponent to start picking on your troll. Ill definitely be getting more games with the troll. Hes my personal favorite out of the DnD set.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:02 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Good stuff, stubobj. I agree the Trolls will be nasty in a Unique's only setting, and that army is particularly nasty.

Even in regular 500 point kill 'em all, I think the Troll might have a place. I've been kicking this army around:

Laglor - 110
Krav Maga Agents - 210
Agent Skahen / Nakita Agents - 330
Raelin - 410
Feral Troll - 500

Vydar's Agents + Raelin are very good at taking down ranged squaddies. If they can accomplish this by the endgame, and even pinged a couple of wounds from long range onto a hero, the Troll should have a fun time cleaning up. If the army is hero-centric or they bring out Q9 early, you can still load the Troll with OM's and back him up with Raelin, which is seriously nasty.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

This guy is great! With regeneration, he is able to shrug off leaving engagement wounds. Healing a wound each time he is used means that once you start him moving, you keep him moving. Start him up after you have whittled the squads down a bit and go after the wounded heroes.

I wish he were a beast. I would love using him with arrow gruts.

Why is he feral? Was he raised by wolves? Is Krug feral as well? Is there some whole troll society that Krug was raised in and the feral ones were not?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units