Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 4th, 2007, 11:20 PM

Kuprin has disabled reputation
Kuprin's Customs REDUX - Updated 04/06/07 Dr. McNinja!

Here are my customs. Looking for input on points costs and abilities. More to come.

No, I'm not a 40k fan, but Gaunt is pretty cool. I'll probably take a shot at doing all of the main Ghosts, but I've only read a little because although the premise is awesome, the writing is TERRIBLE.

Here he is...Dr. McNinja, and my first Heroscape figure. Sorry about the mediocre paintjob, it's kind of rushed.

Games are in my blood, and in my mind. It's just what I do.
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:58 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
In my opinion Megaman's attack seems awful high, both thematically and game play wise.
After all, in the games it takes about 20 shots or so to kill even the weakest boss. Plus Megaman can easily get up to 8 attack at range which is pretty insane. Of course, he can't attack for two turns but on most larger maps it could very well take that long to get in striking range.

The closest comparison would be the Blastatrons, but Megaman has a few advantages over them. The Blastatrons need other figures to be near there target to work, and said other figures can be destroyed or avoided. However, your opponent can do little to stop Megaman's charging. Also Megaman's attack value is better than average with out any enhancements, were as the Blastatrons have a very low base attack.

On the flip side, the Blastatrons are a squad of 4 and therefore get more attacks.

Edit: I had a comment about ability stacking here, but I realized Copy Weapon is only for special attacks. Sorry 'bout that.

Naturally the same concerns go for X, but even more so.

Of course, I'm not a master creator by any means so take my advise with a grain of salt.

Nice start though, I'm glad someone made a Megaman card. I'm a fan of the games. Are you planning on doing any of the bosses? I'm hoping for Dustman!
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM

My ex-girlfriend made me promise to do cards and figures for EVERY SINGLE ROBOT MASTER *and* Maverick Warlord. You'll see more.

As for Megaman's attack, the thing you missed is this: he's range 6 and a reasonably soft target. The reason he's remotely close to 120 points is because on the way into the main battle, he can charge up, blow the crap out of something for 8 dice, maybe copy a cool power...and then likely die. Defense 4 and 4 life doesn't go all that far; that said, making him 3/3 or weakening the charge-up are both possible solutions.

Old March 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Do you have figures for Megaman and X? If so, I'd love to see them...
Old March 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM

Not yet; they will be coming, if I had them done they'd be on the cards. In fact I'm thinking of starting Megaman right now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards