Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 17th, 2017, 05:08 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Soulscape Project- Converting the Dark Souls game to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I just picked this up, and I'm hoping you guys are still working on this, because the figures are really nice.

Will you guys also make cards for the expansion they are releasing for the board game?
I fell off for a bit, mostly because photobucket is crude and despite being horribly put together are trying to extort its userbase. I intend to continue this for every expansion(of course after polishing this first set off). I love Dark Souls and Heroscape so much so its pretty much a dream project.

In terms of the board game itself, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It could benefit a lot from expansions that make the equipment funner, and adds some variety. I am very eager for more to roll out for varied experiences since the system itself is a blast.

On topic, I am going to work to get the images uploaded to something else ASAP. Photobucket is just the worst.
Old September 17th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I moved everything I had to imgur. I had used them for a few things before, just because they don't arbitrarily resize your images like Photobucket sometimes did.
Old September 17th, 2017, 06:53 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I moved everything I had to imgur. I had used them for a few things before, just because they don't arbitrarily resize your images like Photobucket sometimes did.
I think I will follow suit. Hang tight guys.
Old September 18th, 2017, 09:01 AM

Ok guys, we are back in business. I re uploaded everything onto Imugr. I also edited the first post to have the pictures of the minis and the most current version of the cards. I deleted the dead links from the rest of the thread so ignore any weirdness with them.

Some of the cards are ugly with obvious cosmetic issues, but these are things that we will try and have someone with the skillset tidy up once we are onto final versions.
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I kickstarter backed Dark Souls and recently got it out for a couple run throughs. I really like it. Biggest question here is: What are you guys doing about the bases being too big for the hexes. Most of the really neat characters are way too big, and I never rebase any of my other game figures to heroscape anymore. One thing I did however, is start formulating rules for Hexless Heroscape. There you could use any of them without a problem.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 18th, 2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I kickstarter backed Dark Souls and recently got it out for a couple run throughs. I really like it. Biggest question here is: What are you guys doing about the bases being too big for the hexes. Most of the really neat characters are way too big, and I never rebase any of my other game figures to heroscape anymore. One thing I did however, is start formulating rules for Hexless Heroscape. There you could use any of them without a problem.
So, the only one I definitely dont think will fit is the belfry gargoyle which is sad. However the rest should be able to be rebased or are good as is. Smough, Dancer, winged knight, and titanite.

That being said that obviously makes this even more of a high end custom expansion since you will need to buy another set of dark souls if you plan to then play the board game in the future since the bases are relevant. I plan to adapt all the units that can fit in HS with rebasing. The ones that cant sadly are going to be overlooked.
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:37 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Don't have the game, so I don't know... Can you simply place a rebased mini directly onto it's old base and play the base game that way. It may look look the minis are on a pedestal, but it's a thought.

Good luck!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Don't have the game, so I don't know... Can you simply place a rebased mini directly onto it's old base and play the base game that way. It may look look the minis are on a pedestal, but it's a thought.

Good luck!
I'm sure theres a way its still viable, personally I'm so OCD I'd get a second set for both to be ideal but I am sure there are more cost effective alternatives.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:14 AM

Some ideas for the NPCs to get the juices flowing, again we will likely go with estus as the overall mechanic for them though the exact iteration isn't clear.

Knight of Astora
As I said in the OP while he *could* be a human champion I don't think he needs to be, but I could be swayed. One concept that synergizes with the idea my friend had to incorporate rings etc. would be to give him two ring choices you activate by revealing the X order marker, one offense oriented one defense. Perhaps Ring of Steel Protection/flynn's ring(not as sure on that one). I like the idea of simple but interesting choices, and in some cases ones that become increasingly interesting in conjunction with the Estus mechanic(idea for that in the warrior). Otherwise we can go with something pretty simple. The challenge with the knight is that he's very vanilla but we obviously don't want to make terribly bland units while still staying true to the source. Other possible rings to be worked in is the chloranthy ring/ring of favor.

Herald of Drangleic
A few options. Most basic of which is reach/the ability of the Cathar spearmen. I picture the herald being a tanky kind of support unit, perhaps with a light heal which could make them very long lasting in conjunction with the estus, while being able to put out mild damage similar to Rhogar with limited self healing. There is also the option of a lightning miracle attack. Not sure if this one would need any rings/items to fill out but Im open to ideas.

Assassin of Carim
This one I have a few ideas for. "Backstab" Could give her +1 or 2 attack, or depending on overall balancing 1 automatic skull when attacking a unit without an order marker on them. I think that conveys the concept nicely. Phantom Walk or disengage could fit, and would synergize with the backstab ability. If we worked in an item I'd picture it being the hornet ring, but if we go with a package like that it might not be needed, unless we wanted backstab(is that already a power in Heroscape?) to be renamed that. In a different vein, we could also have the invisibility ring from Dark souls 1 which was very overpowered make it so either only units close to her or adjacent to her could hit her. The first powers I mentioned are very short and sweet and with the estus would fill the card out nicely though.

Warrior of Forossa
I could definitely see us letting him bond with the dreadgul Raiders. While we haven't had much overall overlapping synergy I could see this being an exception, curious what others think. For him something simple I like, like "Red Tearstone Ring- When Warrior of Forossa has 3 or more wounds on his army card, add 2 to his attack". Simple but interesting with the estus mechanic.

I'm all ears for feedback and more ideas. Once we have a framework for them we can work out stats and points much easier.
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:58 AM

Ok, update on two PC's, adding them to the OP as well to keep it current on the latest versions of cards/drafts

I really, really, really dont like the idea of 4 abilities in general, but she felt a little naked with only 3 considering phantom walk just made sense to have and she needs the Estus ability. I think I managed to keep it terse enough to be a forgivable venture from that rule. I like the idea of her being relatively fragile, but a quick in-and-out hitman that strikes at the unprepared. While a strong payoff, her backstab is quite hard to use in a competitive setting without planning/setting things up, considering even in bonding armies they can just leave an X on the hero. The ring gives her a pretty essential coping mechanism vs. range to not get melted instantly while not encroaching on drakes territory, I also think it almost perfectly translated the rings ingame power.

Simple but I think quite interesting. With Estus, you play an interesting game of trying to keep his ring active but have him stay alive. The challenge ability is interesting because its taunting onto a unit that can A. Heal and B. Benefits to an extent from being wounded. Because you cant attack on a turn that you use Estus it avoids what might be an unfair scenario of getting the attack buff then healing to safety. The main current design choice I question is him bonding with dreadgul raiders, but in his current iteration thats probably too strong.. I'd be curious what people think.

Last edited by chaoserver; October 1st, 2017 at 08:28 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 06:07 AM

Notes:
Ornstein special needs to only affect small or medium and needs to place him on a same level tile.
In terms of how he played, he felt like a boss for sure despite not over performing or getting his points worth.
Royal Sentinels should say up to 4 spaces
Boreal Knight should read one or more wounds.

Last edited by chaoserver; October 25th, 2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As far as the issue of having 4 abilities, you could simply make the Estus Flask a symbol, much like C3G and others have done with stuff like flying or super strength. Also while on the topic of heroes, it might be fun to give the more the generic character, the Knight of Astora, a dodge roll ability. I got one stuck in my head yesterday that seems like it would work well without any turn interrupt issues.

DODGE ROLL
Instead of rolling defense dice normally, the Knight of Astora may choose to roll an additional 2(?) defense dice. If the Knight of Astora will not block all damage while defending using DODGE ROLL, all shields rolled counts as blanks.

It's been a while since I wrote a power so I'm sure the wording is off, but the idea is the same as in the board game and the video game. Either you dodge everything, or you take full damge. Just a fun little risky ability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum