Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old August 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart
Heroscaper314's Repaints

Nothing special, just my attempts at having figures for my customs.

Well, this obviously isn't for a custom, but here is my attempted repaint of a Swog Rider as Nerak....of course once I started painting this I found out Nerak was coming out in Wave 10....

This was my first repaint, and it goes with my Saphira custom (yes, from Eragon for those of you who are familiar with that series).

Old August 9th, 2009, 10:23 PM

hobosock is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscaper314's Repaints

The Saphira custom is very cool! Good work.
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Nice work. I love Saphira,but if I could for future use. Why not make Saphira a little less mean? Like a repaint of Charos. Still excellent work. Keep it up!

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Nice work. I love Saphira,but if I could for future use. Why not make Saphira a little less mean? Like a repaint of Charos. Still excellent work. Keep it up!
The main reason I choose to repaint Mimring is because I actually had an extra Mimring...but anyways, Saphira may not be mean, but she is pretty fierce, and Mimring just looks more intimidating than Charos.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The saphira looks good, however I bet you could make it look even cooler if you highlighted. It would add some really neat detail. Its your call though, it is cool as is.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
The main reason I choose to repaint Mimring is because I actually had an extra Mimring...but anyways, Saphira may not be mean, but she is pretty fierce, and Mimring just looks more intimidating than Charos.
True. I forgot how fierce she really was. I haven't read the books or seen the movie for a while now.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
The Saphira looks good, however I bet you could make it look even cooler if you highlighted. It would add some really neat detail. Its your call though, it is cool as is.
Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by highlighting?
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
The Saphira looks good, however I bet you could make it look even cooler if you highlighted. It would add some really neat detail. Its your call though, it is cool as is.
, if anyones being ignorant its me, but its also called dry brushing.
You just make a lighter color of the base coat you are using(in your case a light blue) and dip your brush in the color. you then rub the brush a paper towel, cloth. etc. till you can't see it on the towel. then rub the brush on the base coat.

For more info: (kind of cheesy)
http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.c...ybrushing.html
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXuh9atCXk

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
, if anyones being ignorant its me, but its also called dry brushing.
You just make a lighter color of the base coat you are using(in your case a light blue) and dip your brush in the color. you then rub the brush a paper towel, cloth. etc. till you can't see it on the towel. then rub the brush on the base coat.

For more info: (kind of cheesy)
http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.c...ybrushing.html
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXuh9atCXk
Ah okay. I hadn't heard it called highlighting before. This was my first repaint so I wasn't really thinking about that at all, but maybe I can give it a try.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions