Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old June 29th, 2009, 10:56 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

Personally, I don't leave them on their Clix bases. Not only does that keep them from using the ladders from the Fortress of the Archkyrie (FotA) set, I think they're ugly (no offense). Many of us here have multiple copies of the Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV) master set, so that's a great way to get extra bases. I've also bought and traded for people's extra sets of RotV figures to cannibalize for bases. Some people also specialize in selling Heroscape bases on ebay.
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:41 PM

shelbass Woo who?

*Raises hand*
Another for your list.

MarvelScape was my gateway into the 'Scape, simply because it was cheap.
$20 AUD on eBay.
I expected a good game from reading reviews on BGG, but did not expect the outright awesomeness.

My 8 year old lad & I love it, and now RoTV os on its way.
Old June 30th, 2009, 11:37 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I said it to you elsewhere, shelbass, but it bears repeating: Welcome, and thanks for sharing!

Incidentally, if you want to "throw" some games to your son when RotV arrives without actually playing badly, let him play an army of Captain America, Raelin and the Krav Maga. I guarantee you won't beat him easily.
Old July 1st, 2009, 05:26 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Personally, I don't leave them on their Clix bases. Not only does that keep them from using the ladders from the Fortress of the Archkyrie (FotA) set, I think they're ugly (no offense). Many of us here have multiple copies of the Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV) master set, so that's a great way to get extra bases. I've also bought and traded for people's extra sets of RotV figures to cannibalize for bases. Some people also specialize in selling Heroscape bases on ebay.
Thanks! I agree, the heroclix bases are pretty bad. I'll have to dig around on ebay.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:09 AM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

My son and I were hooked through Marvelscape it was on sale at toyrus for $20 a few months ago.A week later we bought the last 2 marro master sets they had.We needed the land!! I wish we found out about this game earlier because we would have lava terrain.This site is awesome we found the custom hero cards so we bought heroclix to fill out our super hero roster.Because HULK SMASH UGLY MARRO!!!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM

Welcome to the site, blooded scion!

Here's some advice: get a hold of the original Master Set, Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV). If you're looking for land, one of those plus the two Swarm of the Marro (SotM) sets you have should hold you for a while. It's an incredible value for the price and will expand your game in ways you can't even imagine right now.
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM

UnluckyNumber Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
Quote:
Thanks! I agree, the heroclix bases are pretty bad. I'll have to dig around on ebay.
Not an option for me I'm afraid. I've got a thousand or more clix I'm hoping to use in Heroscape once I finish getting all the HC-to-HS conversions printed out, and there is just no hope whatsoever that I'd ever get even a tenth of them switched over to proper HS bases. The completeist in me would just go nuts if I just did a few because then they would stand out so much from all the rest of my heroes and villains.

There's also the very slim chance that I might actually use them again in a pick-up match of Heroclix someday. If I take them off their HC bases entirely then there's no going back at all, even for the occasional game with old friends who still play clix.

Switching them all over to HS bases would definitely look better though. I always hated the aesthetic of Heroclix bases. All those numbers and letters and symbols underneath the characters on the battlefield detract from the look of the thing.
Old July 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM

If you think the Heroclix bases are ugly, you should check out the figs from the defunct Lord of the Rings Tradeable Minis Game. I've been buying some LotR figures from that line to convert to Heroscape customs, and the bases are even busier than the Heroclix ones. The sad thing is that the LotR figs are generally more expensive than Heroclix, so it'll hurt when the time comes to cut them off their bases.
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM

UnluckyNumber Woo who?

Quote:
If you think the Heroclix bases are ugly, you should check out the figs from the defunct Lord of the Rings Tradeable Minis Game. I've been buying some LotR figures from that line to convert to Heroscape customs, and the bases are even busier than the Heroclix ones.
You're right. Those bases are even more awkward than my Heroclix ones. Some darn fine looking figures though: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/493631

Quote:
The sad thing is that the LotR figs are generally more expensive than Heroclix, so it'll hurt when the time comes to cut them off their bases.
Not only will it hurt, but I wouldn't be surprised if, within a year of doing it, you run into some new friends (or old ones) who love that game and play the heck out of it. But you'll only run into them after you've disposed of the old bases. It's some kind of Murphy's Law or something.
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnluckyNumber View Post
Quote:
The sad thing is that the LotR figs are generally more expensive than Heroclix, so it'll hurt when the time comes to cut them off their bases.
Not only will it hurt, but I wouldn't be surprised if, within a year of doing it, you run into some new friends (or old ones) who love that game and play the heck out of it. But you'll only run into them after you've disposed of the old bases. It's some kind of Murphy's Law or something.
It would have to be new friends - I've never met anyone who played the LotR game.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:54 PM

sinerG is surprisingly tart

I got into Heroscape through Marvelscape since I followed Marvel most of my life. I really would like to see the next wave, not for Heroscape sake, but just for some of us that still are interested in Marvel.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinerG View Post
I got into Heroscape through Marvelscape since I followed Marvel most of my life. I really would like to see the next wave, not for Heroscape sake, but just for some of us that still are interested in Marvel.
Welcome to the site, sinerG, and thanks for speaking up! What other Heroscape stuff do you have so far?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion