Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old April 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Trainer Cards: Jr. Trainer♂

Trainer figure?

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
Trainer figure?
Pokemon campaigns will have non-combatant figures that travel around the maps.

One-on-one Pokemon battles will have non-combatant figures that are stationary in the start zones.

We need to state "Trainer Figures" so that Jr. Trainers can use their powers during campaigns on maps like Route 1.

Route 1

Cerulean Gym
Old April 26th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Makes sense then, as long as we're not planning on using figures in standard matches. I was pretty sure we decided against that. But yeah it's necessary to include the wording for when it comes up in campaign scenarios.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old April 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Jr. Trainer's card card powers look good. Simple powers that will always be helpful which I think captures the trainer's theme nicely.

Old April 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Project Pokemon Trainer Cards: Cool Trainer ♀

Next up: Cool Trainer♀
(after this we have only Ash and Gary left!)

Ace Trainer (Trainer class)

An Ace Trainer (Japanese: エリートトレーナー Elite Trainer) is a type of Pokémon Trainer that first debuted in the Generation I games. They are depicted as teens or young adults, and can be male or female. The title Ace Trainer is used in Generation IV and onward only; prior to this the Trainer Class was known as Cooltrainer or Cool Trainer.

They are Trainers who frequently travel around the world to meet new Trainers and take part in Pokémon League competitions. In Generation I, the Cooltrainers are shown carrying whips (which, interestingly, were also used by Team Rocket Grunts of the time). In Generations II and onward, they don't use the whip. They tend to have strange hair colors, like blue, green and purple.

They generally use strong and evolved Pokémon, have a diversified and balanced party, and their artificial intelligence is generally very good compared to other Trainer types in their games. They often have healing items like Gym Leaders and use type advantages to their advantage. They are usually seen during the mid to last part of the game in Victory Road, as they are presumably on their way to challenge the Elite Four.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Old April 28th, 2011, 03:49 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Well, like your definition, they heal their Pokemon like Gym Leaders do. So maybe some sort of Healing ability?

Healing

Choose a Pokemon in your army. As soon as the chosen Pokemon receives 1 or more wounds from an opponent's attack, but is not destroyed, you may roll the 20 sided die to Heal. If you roll 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll 11-16, you may remove 1 wound. If you roll 17-20, you may remove 2 wounds.

...or something like that.

Also, the definition mentioned the Cool Trainers having better AI? So, a tactical ability...

Engage the Enemy

A Pokemon you control may move 1 additional space if doing so allows it to end its movement adjacent to any opponent's figure.

Just throwing some stuff out there. My and all that.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:13 PM

You said they tend to use evolved or strong pokemon, so what about:

Confidence

You gain a +1 bonus to initiative for each evolved pokemon in your army.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:17 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I would say that if there is a non gym leader trainer to give a stat boost to their pokemon it would be Ace Trainers. As the Camper has an initiative boost I would say that the Ace Trainer should give like a +1 attack boost to some group of their army, maybe to a certain type or personality, if not the entire army.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM

In Red/Blue/Yellow versions, Cool Trainer ♀'s use the following Pokemon:

Gloom
Ivysaur
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel

Persian
Ninetales
Parasect
Dewgong
Chansey

Several Grass Pokemon, with some Normal, Fire, Ice, and Poison.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM

Hm, what about something like:

Confidence

Once per round, after rolling attack or defense dice with an evolved pokemon you control, you may re-roll any of those dice.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Cool Trainer♀
They often have healing items like Gym Leaders and use type advantages to their advantage.
How about:

MAX POTION
During your turn, you may choose one Pokemon in your start zone and remove all damage counters from that Pokemon. Max Potion may be used only once per game.

FULL HEAL
During your turn, you may choose one Pokemon in your start zone and remove any Status Marker from that Pokemon. Full Heal may be used only once per game.
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:19 AM

WK: The ability names overlap with the Glyph/Item department. The abilities themselves seem powerful but extremely limiting, as the pokemon has to be in your start zone. If we get some info from the item team, it might work to just have an ability like "You start the game with a Max Potion glyph" or something.

FiddlerJones Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum