Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: $9 Minimum Wage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_5vttTJxgA

*shrugs* Costco seems fine.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

If the minimum wage is raised across the board, paying $9 an hour will no longer be considered treating employees well. So if a store like Costco wants to get the better employees to continue doing well, they'll have to then go up to $10/per hour, etc., etc.

I didn't watch the video, though, so I might have missed your point. My Firefox seems to hate youtube.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 18th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

If the minimum wage is raised across the board, paying $9 an hour will no longer be considered treating employees well. So if a store like Costco wants to get the better employees to continue doing well, they'll have to then go up to $10/per hour, etc., etc.

I didn't watch the video, though, so I might have missed your point. My Firefox seems to hate youtube.
Hmm, I'm using Firefox and I get Youtube just fine. Have you updated the flash plugin for it?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/costcoceo.asp

Apparently after a few years with the company they go from $11 to $19.50.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And that's a good way to do it - start with a low wage (whatever minimum wage happens to be) and reward folks for being good employees over time. Entry level wages aren't necessarily meant to be living wages, and if they're given the burden of being living wages, then it removes some of the motivation to move up in life, and devalues some of the places you can be above the minimum wage.

I wonder if we wouldn't get more mileage out of somehow raising the median wage? Though I'm not sure how that'd even be possible, really.

And I'll check out my flash plugin, thanks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General