Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 30th, 2015, 07:30 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
You could just spray paint the trains....
We will call this Plan B

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Well after about 12 plays on Ticket to Ride (with 1910 Mega Game) the family has concluded that this is a great game.
<~snip/snip~>
There is a Halloween Freighter set that you could use. It replaces 1 whole set of trains & each carriage has (comparatively) large pumpkins on them. That would make it clearly identifiable .
This will be Plan C. My wife I'm sure would love them but on brief searching they looked pricey. I will keep looking though.

I saw the other colors $5 a set and I thought that sounded doable but then couldn't fine the white ones. If anyone spots them let me know.

They are a little pricey (okay, a lot pricey - in fact a complete set of replacement trains at $89.00 is about twice as much as the whole game costs), but you should definitely check out: http://www.MeepleSource.COM
They have upgrade sets for a variety of games, including TTR.
Umm, wow. My local gamestore has them for $20. Remembering I am in Australia & usually boardgames are about double the US price, I find that very strange that you cannot find them for less than $10.
Old December 30th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Code Names lives up to the hype as a party game for all comers.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 30th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Code Names lives up to the hype as a party game for all comers.
Yes....yes it does

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 30th, 2015, 08:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
You could just spray paint the trains....
We will call this Plan B

Quote:
Quote:
Well after about 12 plays on Ticket to Ride (with 1910 Mega Game) the family has concluded that this is a great game.
<~snip/snip~>
There is a Halloween Freighter set that you could use. It replaces 1 whole set of trains & each carriage has (comparatively) large pumpkins on them. That would make it clearly identifiable .
This will be Plan C. My wife I'm sure would love them but on brief searching they looked pricey. I will keep looking though.

I saw the other colors $5 a set and I thought that sounded doable but then couldn't fine the white ones. If anyone spots them let me know.

They are a little pricey (okay, a lot pricey - in fact a complete set of replacement trains at $89.00 is about twice as much as the whole game costs), but you should definitely check out: http://www.MeepleSource.COM
They have upgrade sets for a variety of games, including TTR.
Umm, wow. My local gamestore has them for $20. Remembering I am in Australia & usually boardgames are about double the US price, I find that very strange that you cannot find them for less than $10.
I think it's just that they are rare and hard to find. I thought the whites would be easier than this. I found them on a few sites but they were out of stock.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 31st, 2015, 10:34 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played 7 Wonders Duel a couple times last night. Was pretty cool, I liked it quite a bit more than the plain 7 Wonders game.

There was a lot of tension throughout the game which made each draft decision crucial. Having multiple ways to win/lose gave you some scares as you watch someone inch the military victory marker forward or acquire their 5th of 6 needed technology tokens. Was able to set up some fun combos too.
Old December 31st, 2015, 12:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got some Flick 'em Up in. Quick scenario where there are 4 barrels of water and it starts out with 1 of them poisoned. Outlaws basically have 3 rounds to have 3 or more barrels poisoned, and the lawmen need to stop them.

Wasn't looking good, but by clever choice of timing for the lawmen, and good movement next to 2 poisoned barrels, they managed to clean up 2 of the 4 barrels that had been poisoned during the game, and squeak out a victory.

Going out tonight to game with some buddies, and then Saturday is an all day (10am - 10pm) gaming day that I look forward to.

Old December 31st, 2015, 02:53 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This week's game scores so far:

Firefly Kalidasa (first six player:
5 Solids (win), 4, 3, 3 (me), 2, and 0 (after 4 hours).

Blood Rage (first game with live opponents):
Wolf Clan 154, Bear Clan 138 (me), Serpent Clan 68, Raven Clan 37.

Smash Up: I didn't win, but got to use the Bear Cavalry from the first expansion, using all that expansion's factions for the first time--thereby achieving my own personal objective.

We got a late start on Blood Rage yesterday, and only got one game in, but liked it so much that we're playing again tomorrow!

Good Holiday Break gaming to all, and to all a good fight!
Old January 1st, 2016, 01:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds like a bit of a separation in points in Blood Rage Chas. Perhaps a first time playing situated that may tighten up in the next game.

Old January 1st, 2016, 07:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma,

Exactly right. The winner had somehow managed to play another person's copy already (hardly anyone has the game yet), I had gone over the rules and solitaired 2 and 3 player games with mine, and the other two were first timers. We're all playing again today and thirsting for REVENGE! It seems to play well with any number of players, as has been noted on bgg, and to have good replayability.

Come to think of it, it will be my first game of 2016. Happy New Gaming Year to all.

Available soon: Kemet Ta-Seti Expansion, The Great War, and MTG: Arena of the Planeswalkers War On Zendikar Expansion. Whew, try saying that last one fast...
Old January 1st, 2016, 10:34 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Have fun gaming today everyone!

I'll be cracking out the Star Wars LCG most likely and doing some lighter four player games after that.

Flick 'Em Up looks interesting @Hahma , it's one of those games I'd probably have to try before I buy to see if it holds my interest long term. Granted I know it's supposed to be light because it's a dexterity game, but if it has the fun factor I'm looking for. And I know they're completely different but Colt Express kind of falls in the same camp for me. The miniature train seems like such a cool little concept, but I would want to know the gameplay can match.

I was curious about Kemet Ta-Seti expansion @chas . A little worried if it can still fit on my table though with the second board and all of the additional tiles. Kemet already takes up a ton of room on the table. I'm glad that expansion parts are typically broken down into "modules" these days so you can mix and match what works for you. So I will be picking it up eventually. The biggest draw for me being those new black tiles and monsters / special abilities.
Old January 1st, 2016, 11:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Last night I went out to game with some friends from 5:30 to about 10:15. They were staying past midnight to ring in the New Year, but I wanted to leave to ring in the New Year with my wife and daughters.

Played 2 games of PitchCar. I'm not very good at it, but it's fun nonetheless.

I got there at 5:30 and it was just me, Scott and Steve. So we set up an awesome PitchCar track on the front counter. This made for a neat very long track with lots of curves and we had a small ramp. The height and width of the counter made it comfortable and accessible.

Game 1.

1st - Mark with Brown car
2nd - Kyler with Orange car
3rd - Steve with Red car
4th - Scott with Yellow car
5th - Greg with Blue car (yeah, I suck at this game)

Game 2.

1st - Max with BlueeIII car
2nd - Scott with Yellow car (made a nice comeback)
3rd - Mark with Brown car
4th - Rob T. with Naked car
5th - Kyler with Orange car (was way last, but made an incredible Stosh flip move to go from 8th to 5th in front of a logjam).
6th - Greg with Blue car (I was also running with Kyler for last place for a long time, but managed to somehow make a move to get in 6th).
7th - Katie with Pink car (had made a couple incredible 2 wheel tilt moves to get into great positions, but bogged down near the end).
8th - Steve with Red car (was in good position for a much better finish, but lost his nerve near the intersection end of the track and never recovered).

Initial setup and track prep.

Mark intent on making a nice move to enter the barren straits.

Here's a crazy track Scott made up a month or so ago:

Then we played Betrayal at the House on the Hill:

Kyler - Purple Girl
Mark - White Professor
Scott - Yellow Girl
Steve - Red Dude Flash
Greg - Green Boy
Katie - Blue Girl

Katie eventually became the traitor as a ghost of a bride. We had to get the ring item into the chapel, as well as exhume the body of the groom from the basement and bring it to the chapel.

Well the problem was that Katie had the ring. So Flash ran down the stairs to the main floor and punched her in the face to take the ring and taking her out. Great! But the ghost opened a can of whoopass on Flash. She reached into his head and scrambled what little brains were there, killing him and leaving the ring in that room.

Mark/Professor was stuck in the basement, as he had fallen through the floor. He had been trying to explore to find stairs out of there, but no luck up to this point. But now with the haunt upon us, his new mission was to exhume the body of the groom. Well he was pretty weak and battered, and happened to become the focus of the ghost's attention, as she thought he would make a nice groom. She Katie/ghost went down there and killed him, but then controlled his corpse.

I had been upstairs when the haunt happened. I ran down the stairs and the following turn made it to the mysterious elevator to go down to the basement, since there were no stairs. Well once the Mark/professor got killed, I thought I was next and bailed with the elevator to the second floor, hoping to get back down to the basement on the next turn. But I had never made it as it took me to the main level and then back up to the upper level.

Kyler had made it downstairs right about when I had first run down there. I chose to go for the mysterious elevator and he chose to go retrieve the ring that Steve/Flash dropped. Kyler then took the ring to the chapel, so at least that part of our mission was done.

Scott/Little girl, jumped through the hole in the floor to get to the basement. She then used her little girl might to exhume the dead groom body and carry it away in one arm, while clutching her teddy bear with the other. She found some armor on the way, so she was then a little girl knight carrying a dead body and a teddy bear. Since the stairs to the main level wasn't discovered yet, and my mysterious elevator was not going where I had wanted, Scott explored across a rickety bridge over a deep chasm and made it, but still didn't find the stairs.

Not long after, Katie/ghost did something (maybe took the professor's body to the chapel?) that allowed the haunt to win.

Fairly early in the game:

Flash/Steve punched the teenage girl/Katie int he face and killed her, but then the ghost/Katie got revenge and scrambled what little brains Flash/Steve had and killed him. But at least he got the ring away from the girl. His sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Then we played 4 games of Codenames before I left:

Team Red wins 3-1

Greg - win as spymaster
Max - win as spymaster
Kyler - win as spymaster
Scott - lose as spymaster

Team Blue loses 1-3

Rob T. - lose as spymaster
Steve - lose as spymaster
Katie - lose as spymaster
Mark - win as spymaster

I had been fortunate to be able to come up with some good clues as spymaster. Also, there was one where I gave a clue with 3 as the number and there was a 4th word that would go with it. The group guessed the first 2 right away, but then debated between 1 of ours and one of blue team's for the final 2 guesses, as we were in the lead and they felt comfortable going for 4 with a clue 3. Fortunately they guessed ours as the 3rd one and then blue teams as the 4th. Rob had some tough words to try to link together, but he did the only thing he really could.

Steve's first clue was like Sports 6 or something like that. Blue team guessed one or so and then guessed pool, for swimming. But it was wrong. Then he gave a clue that ended up having a tie in with the assassin word, and Blue team chose the assassin word and gave Steve a bunch of grief for it. Red team reacted appropriately with laughter. Kyler did good in giving us clues, but it wasn't easy and he had to do his Stosh imitation and turn away so he would hide his facial expressions when we were looking and talking about words to guess.

Katie and Max each had crazy first clues. Katie's was Bi-omes 2. Everyone was like "what?". Somehow, Steve came up big for his team and guessed Antarctica and Forrest and was right. Still not making up for the assassin incident in the previous game, but he was efforting. Max's first clue was Ne'ne'. Again most people were "what?". Fortunately we had another youngster on our team, and Kyler guessed Whip and Concert and was correct. After that, it was tough sledding as both spymasters didn't seem to have great ways to link words, as we were getting a bunch of clue 1's. Then we had gotten to where we had one agent left and could have gone for the extra guess for the win, but it would have been totally random. I had mentioned Shakespeare to Scott, because it seemed like it would have been hard to link, but he figured we would pass and put the pressure on Blue team to guess their final 2 words. Well Katie gave the clue Dead 2, and the group guessed Soul for one correct word and then guessed Shakespeare for the second word. Max smiled and put our Red agent on that word and we won. I can't remember what the other dead word Katie was looking at.

The final game with Mark and Scott as spymasters was tight. Seems like Blue team had easier words to link, as there were plenty of ones that made sense where they got several 2 word turns. Scott did an Australian accent "mate" and we guessed Kangaroo, but Max figured Jack might go with it because of a movie Kangaroo Jack. I was looking at Day, as in "good day mate". We went with Jack and it was neutral. Then we got beverage or something like that and saw bottle and mug and guessed bottle and it was neutral. We got Shot 2 and chose Head correctly, but went with Engine for the other because of Scott's engine troubles, but it was wrong. It ended up being Mug. Blue team had an easy final 2 words to link and won, but I think we might have had a chance had they missed them. Tough words for Scott to link, kind of like the tough words for Rob to link in game one.

Lots of fun. I love this game!

Tomorrow our group is having an all day event from 10am to 10pm or so. Can't wait!

Old January 1st, 2016, 11:18 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Codenames is great. The one thing I kept telling myself as spymaster was "Don't forget the assassin word, and don't give a clue that points at it!"

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games