Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Sherman Davies' Pokemon customs

So I've been teaching my young cousins, aged 10 and 8, to play Heroscape for a few months now and they really like the game. One of the things that really appeals to them is the ability to incorporate the rest of their toys into the game, particularly their large collection of Pokemon mini figures, so I've been working on converting their toys into Heroscape figures in my spare time.

I'll be posting the works-in-progress in this thread. As I know next to nothing about Pokemon (or Ben 10, another of their favorite cartoons that I may be working on converting to 'Scape next), all the customs are based on what I can learn from Wikipedia. So if anyone who's more knowledgeable about these things wants to comment or offer corrections, I'm all ears.

Here's the first one of my Pokemonscape figures:

Old January 14th, 2009, 11:40 PM

Utgar_strategist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Sherman Davies' Pokemon customs

Heroscape+Pokemon=SWEET!

If you meet Utgar you have three choices 1 Bow before him and serve him 2 Be eaten by Marro 3 Be Mindshackled I'd go with the first one if I were you.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Very very good. I started a Pokemon project a while ago; didn't quite get off the ground.

I read the card before I read you actual post. I looked at his 'fearless' personality and thought, "Man, he's pretty knowlegable about Pokemon". But as I say, expertise is one Wikipedia article away! I'm also really liking the background; not often that you see a artsy card like that.

Looking forward to more.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:48 PM

Utgar_strategist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wiki? I too use it well I hope you use original ben 10 for scape not that boring new one the only time they age something realisticly is a show I like oh well anyway, cool scape being.

If you meet Utgar you have three choices 1 Bow before him and serve him 2 Be eaten by Marro 3 Be Mindshackled I'd go with the first one if I were you.
Old January 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

The Treecko card looks really nice! I would say that you may want to make one of Treecko's evolved forms next (Grovyle and Sceptile), possibly with an "evolving" power, so your can make him stronger mid-game. Your cousins may like that.

That, or make a "Fire Starter" like Torchic, the Invincible!
Old June 11th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Whew, been a while since I started on this project, but between my own superhero customs projects and real life, I haven't had a chance to work on any Pokemon customs. But since one of my cousins is turning nine soon, I figured some Pokemon custom cards would make a nice present, so I forced my lazy butt over to wikipedia again. Here are two more Pokemon for the Battle of All Time!

Old June 11th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Looking good, sir. Big Pokémaniac over here, so, yeah... If you made any legendary's (including Ash's Pikachu) recommend pricing 140-200. But I think for non-unique guys like these, your pricing is just fine. Pokémon Teamwork seams really overused, though. Switch it out for just a bit more individual oomph on later projects. I mean, It's a good ability, bvut stick it on Pokémon where it makes flavor sense instead of all of them.
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
Looking good, sir. Big Pokémaniac over here, so, yeah... If you made any legendary's (including Ash's Pikachu) recommend pricing 140-200. But I think for non-unique guys like these, your pricing is just fine. Pokémon Teamwork seams really overused, though. Switch it out for just a bit more individual oomph on later projects. I mean, It's a good ability, bvut stick it on Pokémon where it makes flavor sense instead of all of them.
Thanks for the advice. If I were making these customs for myself, I'd definitely not use the same power over and over again, but my cousin is dreaming about fielding an entire Pokemon army, and low-cost Unique heroes are usually a bit of a waste of an order marker without bonding of some kind, so for his sake I just figured that any low-cost Pokemon would have it, that way they could act like a squad. If I ever get to making more powerful Pokemon, I'll probably leave the bonding off.
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a suggestion for Graveler. On Fire Red, I had a Graveler, and it used the ability Rollout. For example(And my memory might be failing me here):

My Graveler targets a foe with Rollout. rollout starts off doing low damage. As the fight progresses, Rollout gradually does more and more damage until the foe gets knocked out.

If you don't want to use markers, you could do something like this:

For G's first turn, roll attack die normally, with all normal bonuses. Second turn: Add One to your roll. Third turn: Add Two to your roll.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:08 PM
has been BANNED

Microcorp costs too much!

These look pretty cool.
Old June 13th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Love the rollout suggestion. And I just realized how you have the very nice backgrounds (just beautiful) AND the Pokémon logo where the Marvel logo would go. Heheh, nice.

And seeing some higher level Pokémon would be nice. Do you have tiers for each evolution level in terms of points?

Last edited by Relenzo2; June 13th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old June 13th, 2009, 08:52 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I really like Pokemon, and I think these are pretty sweet. Like others, the backgrounds look nice, too. If I may make a suggestion, I would take away the life from Treecko and Chimchar, and I would make Graveler's size a bit bigger. Also, if you ever have a chance, ask to see one of your cousins' pokemon games, and ask them to show you the data they have in the pokedex for the said pokemon. It includes a size comparison chart, so that should help with the height.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards