Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Here to, I would love to help out.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Goblins seem more often to be mindless followers of another being. They can be tricky, they can kill savagely, but they can't think for themselves and need one of higher intellect to devise plans for them.
Same. When I hear Goblins, I think of them being minions, either of a Goblin King, or some higher being. I do think of them as having some thought, able to devise weapons and such, but not smart enough to make plans or strategies.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
Quote:
Couple questions:

1) Do you have a name for this new variation?
2) Do you have an idea on when we can expect a full release of the rules?
1) I do not. I'm not very clever with titles; I didn't even come up with Heroes of 'Scape. If you have any ideas, please send them my way.

2) I do not. I do hope to release an alpha version with just a few Races/Classes for testing purposes. Once my school schedule gives me room to do more physical work (I've only been doing brainstorming and jotting things down for now) I'll get to work on that. That might take me a month or so.
1) Heroes of 'Scape Redux? Heroes of 'Scape 2.0?

2) When you're ready to release the alpha/beta, let me know - I'd like to help test it out.
It's really not Heroscape anymore, not by lore anyways, so I'm going to try and find a name that doesn't tie it to Heroscape.

Like I promised, I'd keep you guys updated on any changes through the development stages. One decision I made last night was to lose the one starting Class concept. It was a noble attempt, but just too problematic. I will try not to have more than two or three starting Classes per Race.
There were two main reasons I tried to make it one starting Class. The first was so everyone would know, without a doubt, how to start. Just pick up the sheets for your Race of choice and go. The second was so that players who don't quite know what they want to play as yet, can take their time in figuring it out by starting out as a Class that is so balanced and simple. The new layout for the game guide should still be capable of taking care of my first reason. On the first page of the Race will be in big bold letters STARTING CLASS(ES). So that shouldn't be a problem if done correctly. The second reason won't work as well with this change, but if given only two to three choices, it might not be too bad for indecisive players.

As for Goblins, I tend to lean towards the savage monster type as well. But I know in the Warcraft universe, they are fairly intelligent, even competing with the Dwarves technologically.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:39 AM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Something to give life to the game that I will be doing is to add short description of things throughout the game.
There will be descriptions/bios of the Races including their inclinations in battle and their strengths and weaknesses.
Classes will have short descriptions on what the Class is, how it's primarily intended to function in battle, and what it's strengths and weaknesses are.
I will even be giving very short descriptions to powers, just to add some color to the game experience. For example...

Double Attack
Your attacks are as swift as they are deadly. When this figure attacks with a normal attack, it may attack one additional time.

... Some might also help clarify what I'm hoping to achieve, thematically, with some powers...

Impact Strike
You strike with such force, even a successfully defended attack can inflict harm. When attacking a small or medium figure who rolls an equal number of shields as this figure rolls skulls, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the defending figure receives one wound.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Well... Looks like I ran out of teasers for you guys, lol. All that's left is to start working on it, which I should be doing soon. I'll probably start with something very basic for alpha testing purposes for those who want to help out.

I'll need to know who people have available for figures for testing specifics. Anyone who wants to test not have a good number of Orc figures? How about human soldiers (the Roman and/or Sacred Band?)
Old November 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a bunch of Warhammer Orcs and Goblins figures I can proxy with. Don't have very many Human figures, though I could proxy with those using Snipers/Vipers.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Me and my brothers have quite a few Marro, Dwarves, Humans, Gruts, and all the Drow I could test those if you want.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old November 29th, 2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Me and my brothers have quite a few Marro, Dwarves, Humans, Gruts, and all the Drow I could test those if you want.
Well see the thing is, I'm not out to test the different races or classes or anything like that. I trust that different races/classes are going to be fun and effective in what I want them to do. What I need to test is mechanics. Is the leveling system fun and efficient? Is the weapon system fun and efficient? Does the weapon system even work? Same goes for the magic system. Is the new Summoning system balanced? Are the pricing for skills and class training well balanced? Does the new skill limiting system do its job correctly? Things like this...

What I'm thinking of releasing in the Alpha version is just a simple Human class tree with just a simple enemy (like Orcs or Goblins) to have to fight. I'll create a simple set of scenarios that the player has to go through to allow them to obtain the final classes and weapons, just to see if the progression from start to finish has any flaws. As we saw in HoS, there were flaws in the end game with balance. Finding this kind of stuff out before release is ideal. I also want to find out if the new changes to weapons, magic, etc. are actually more fun, or just cumbersome.

So the reason I ask what people have available to play with, is so I know what kind of scenarios I can make for people to easily test with. I want to make sure you'll have an ample amount of figures as allies and enemies to play with.
Old December 1st, 2012, 12:10 PM

Soldier is to Mercenary as Warlord is to __________. (fill in the blank)
Old December 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Chief, General, Overlord, Commander. One of those, I'd say.

Old December 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Chief, General, Overlord, Commander. One of those, I'd say.
Well, those examples could be used synonymously with Warlord. I'm looking for a name that emphasizes the contrast between a disciplined, team-player Soldier and a wild, prefers-solo Mercenary, while showing some forms of elitism like the Warlord holds over a Soldier. The champion of Mercenaries, if you will.
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM

Why not just use Champion then? Or Leader? Captain?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions