Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 27th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Save the Savage Date! 11/7 Maryland

Yes!!!!

It's been too long. See you soon.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 28th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oops

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 28th, 2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: double post
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Is that the one where you place your opponent's army?
Heat of Battle but you place your opponent's army instead, so yes. Can't place on molten lava, of course.
Old August 30th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I've added a few names to the OP, based on things I've heard privately & what I've read here. I can't wait!

= =
Old August 31st, 2015, 11:42 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I don't think it would hurt to also personally invite some of the former readers of the M.A.R.S. thread, since you never know when they stop by to check things out or if they've got plans for the 11/07, or even have any desire to play some H'Scape again. It would be nice to occasionally hear from them and know that they "ain't dead yet" even if they can't make it to a particular event. Folks like:
@tom ; @Arcus ; @mad_wookiee ; @spidysox ; @peteparkerh ;
@fallow ; @grunttactics ; @DragonSlayer2 ; @jbbnbsmith ; @Northgate ;
@TheEpicLlama ; @TheEpicAlpaca ; @Big Boa ; @King of Blanks ; @buellsmith ;
@Scooter72 ; @owvanguard ; @major/flint; @Azalyth ; @manofwar ;
etc.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; August 31st, 2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Korwreckted typoes
Old August 31st, 2015, 11:44 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks, John.

= =
Old August 31st, 2015, 10:20 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
A format that I've been thinking about for a long time and have never seen mentioned anywhere else is this: I call it "We're all UNIQUE," or "They're ALL Unique." Whereby every unit is allowed BUT ONLY ONE OF EACH is permitted in each army. This specifically refers to and limits the number of each Common Squad, Common Hero, and Uncommon Hero.
AKA the Highlander tournament. As in there can be only one. From the old movies and tv series of the same name! I've often considered this format, just never pulled the trigger on it.

It's got my vote. If I decide to un-retire from Heroscaping. And if I could actually attend. I do like the fact that I won on my way out. Maybe if I say this is my last tournament ever I'll win this one too..................

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 1st, 2015, 03:54 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

No, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I know what it'll be, but I have to check with my Advisor and settle on a point total.

Thanks for your help, all! Even if I didn't take your suggestion, it doesn't mean it (a) wasn't appreciated, (b) wasn't helpful in guiding me, and (c) wasn't better than what I ended up picking!

= =
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:00 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quoting the GenCon description of the event, with numbers modified for our benefit:
Quote:
Players bring 2 pre-drafted 310 point Heroscape army, (no Marvel) army size is limited to 14 figures. Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies.
That's right, Take 2. This will give everybody the option to play with new stuff, or stuff they didn't bring, if they want. It'll also punish people (maybe) for bringing excessive cheese. Don't forget, if you bring one strong army and one weak army, you may regret it!

The idea is that you brought 2 armies and your opponent each round brought 2. That's a combined pool of 4 armies. Each round, you roll off against your opponent. The winner of that roll chooses whether to pick an army first or second. Whoever picks first takes one of the four armies; whoever picks second then chooses one of the remaining armies.

You can always choose an army you brought. You don't have to, but you can. You brought two; your opponent may have already chosen one, you can take the other. Or you can take one of his (or hers).

I believe this will be a new challenge in our area, but I think we're up for it. Thoughts?

= =
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:39 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I would rather we combine these armies for massive battles of 28 figures at 620 pt. for each opponent, even if after the dice-off the winner has the option of choosing first and fourth or second and third.

But I'll play whatever format you've decided is appropriate for 11/17 IF I'm in the mood to play some 'Scape that day (highly likely), I'm physically able to make the long journey southward (questionable), and also have sufficient disposable income on-hand to pay the trolls along the way (debatable).

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, hearing no other objections, I'm going to update the OP with the format. It'll be fun, Johngee!

= =
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Re: Savage Take 2! Maryland 11/7/15

Ok, the OP is updated with the format: Take 2, 315 points. I've also added a few more people who I've heard from privately, including old friends ( @Robber !) and new friends ( @Southwind !). So far the "attending" also includes the "maybes." I'll sort it out as it gets closer.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events