Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old April 1st, 2017, 04:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Holocron of Scarif Beach Assault Map

The Holocron of Scarif Beach Assault Map

Small Expansion 5: Reinforcements for the Battlefront

A HoSS Competitive Map
A HoSS Battlefront Map

Original design by Yodaking

Required sets: 1 RotV, 1 Marvel, & 2 TJ Sets
*This map uses the HoSS Container, Crate, & Chemical Canister DOs

Map Bio - The island dominated planet of Scarif was a beautiful place with near perfect weather year round. As such the Empire quickly took control of it and made it a key component of Imperial infrastructure. After all what Imperial Commander wants to live and work on a harsh molten lava covered world when they can live and work in paradise? As a hub of cargo, data, and technology transfer within the Empire, ships were constantly coming and going from the many landing pads that dotted the landscape. As with all things though, over the years the traffic level ebbed and flowed. During the slower times those landing pads and cargo transfer points furthest out became underused whose upkeep was not fully maintained. The island plant life began to encroach on those areas, making them the perfect spot to mount an ambush or pull off a grand heist. Someone has hacked the Imperial mainframe and rerouted a key delivery to one such little used area, but this has not gone unnoticed. Now who will take the wayward prize home?

-Special rules and Clarifications-
• This HoSS map uses the HoSS Battlefront Rules.
• This HoSS map incorporates some HoSS Destructible Objects. Their location is marked on the map by different colored start zone dots.

2 Orange Dots = 1 Crate DO on each tile.
2 Yellow Dots = 1 Container DO on each tile.
2 Violet Dots = 1 Chemical Canister DO on each tile.

-FAQ-
N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest: Yodaking
• Second playtest:
• Third playtest:
-PDF created by: DanieLoche

Last edited by Porkins; May 4th, 2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old April 1st, 2017, 04:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Scarif Beach Assault

VS File - 3 of the 2 hex concrete tiles are actually the warehouse ruins base tile, exact location can be seen in the pics below.

Made a few small tweaks after building the map from the initial VS file and added in the placement of the cargo DO's. I tried to minimize the ability to double up on defense bonuses from both standing next to a Jungle Plant and a DO at the same time. As such the best defensive DO, the Container, are not adj. to a hex that is also adj. to a Jungle Plant. Here are a few pics of the map to get a better idea of just how it looks right now with everything on it.

Last edited by Yodaking; April 2nd, 2017 at 02:38 AM.
Old April 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM
C3G Landlord

I'm going to use this map for a HoSS play test I hope to complete this week. Then next Friday night I am hosting a game day event at my house and I'm thinking I will have this map set up along with 3 HoSS armies to chose from. I'll use some of my friends as guinea pigs to test both the map and the battlefront rules out. I'll leave pen and paper next to the map to record some thoughts, questions, and impressions.
Old April 1st, 2017, 06:32 PM
C3G Landlord

So I'm a little limited to the minis I currently have and the HoSS cards I currently have printed out, but this is what I'm looking at for army choices. Went as squad heavy as I could as I think that should play better with the Battlefront system. Also ended up with 2 different Independent teams for 4 armies to choose from in total.

Rebels:
Rebel Troopers x3 165
Rebel Captain 65
Rebel Heavy Gunner x2 130
Major Derlin 100
Princess Leia 100
R2-D2 30 ...........590 (18 figures)

Empire:
Stormtroopers x3 240
Death Star Troopers x3 180
E-Web Trooper 100
Admiral Ozzel 70 ........590 (22 figures)

Independent:
Duros Thugs x2 100
Quarren Thugs x1 50
Rodian Thugs x1 50
Gamorrean Guards x1 65
Boba Fett 170
IG-88B 150........585 (17 figures)

Independent:
Lando 100
Lobot 80
Bespin Guards x3 210
Gamorrean Guards x1 65
Cloud Car Pilots 125 .......585 (18 figures)

See any balance issues? R2 is a bit of a throw in on the Rebel army but since he can move for free at the end of each round, he might be able to claim a control point just in the nick of time. The Rebel Heavy Gunners should excel in this format though being able to get placed next to a control point all ready set up to start shooting. I figure the Gamorrean Guards will be best used as units to summon up next to a control point claimed by a hero, then they can die to protect the hero or at least be closer to the action. Every team has at least two heroes so the two Bounty Hunters can each choose a different target.
Old April 1st, 2017, 07:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks much better with RL pics. It brings the feel to the maps a little better I think. It does look like what your after and I like the placement of the containers. I almost wish we made the containers 1 life each to help simplify keeping track of them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 2nd, 2017, 02:37 AM
C3G Landlord

I usually put the wound markers right on top of, or beside, them on the map.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 10:12 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I usually put the wound markers right on top of, or beside, them on the map.
Oh, that's easy, you do that sort of thing for all squad units for Imperial Assault. Hey, just noticed in the OP that you don't use castle doors on this map in the details. I like the Bio as well.

Old April 2nd, 2017, 03:11 PM
C3G Landlord

lol Good catch, thanks for taking the time to look things over. I copied and pasted the format from my Bespin Platforms thread and that map also used the DO's. When I updated the colors of the dots I didn't even see the castle doors reference.
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Name of Map (Scarif Beach Assault)

Overall Look: Looks pretty great in real life. Really captures the feel for what we saw in Rouge One.

Stability: No issues at all. Not a very tall map and everything locks together tightly.

Build difficulty: Very easy to build.

Size: I’d say medium in size but long and narrow.

Unit types positively affected: A small pool of water next to each SZ and a glyph could help units with water based powers. The Rodian Thugs liked being able to negate the jungle bonus and I suspect the Imperial Probe Droid would like being useful too. Concrete & Asphalt tiles are well positioned for DST to get a useful bonus from.

Unit types negatively affected: The ‘walls’ of jungle plants can create LOS issues for aura powers and bonding mechanics that rely on clear sight.

Key areas on the Map: Each of the 5 glyphs were fought over at one point or another in my two games, both grassy hills were also put to good use and popular locations since they gave you high ground advantage on those who are fighting over the landing pad.

Areas not used much or at all: None really, I’d say the pools of water were the least used but even then I had the Speeder Biked flying over them and the Quarren Thugs also moved through them.

Game 1:
Units: Speeder Bike x6, General Veers, Stormtroopers x2 (500) vs. Rebel Troopers x3, Rebel Captain, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Atgar Cannon (500)
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have? Leia w/1W & Chewbacca w/3Ws. Also 1 container was destroyed in the fighting with 2 other containers taking 2W and 1 taking 1W.
Game 2:
Units: Death Star Troopers x3, Speeder Bike x3, E-Web Trooper (400) vs. Thugs x5, IG-88B (400)
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have? 6 Thugs and IG-88B at full health won. Also 1 crate was destroyed in the fighting with 1 container taking 2W & 2 containers taking 1W.
Final Thoughts: Playing the Battlefront rules on this map were really, really fun IMO. I had a blast fighting over control of the glyphs and I don’t usually play with glyphs on maps. I think the reason this was so much more fun for me was that the glyphs didn’t give you some powerful buff like +1 att. or def. for your whole army and yet control of the glyphs was pretty important in terms of not taking a wound at the end of the round and being able to quickly deploy your forces into the battle.
From a balanced stand point, I’m a bit concerned that the first team to take the middle glyph won both games but since it was only two games that really isn’t a pattern yet, just something to keep an eye on. I really like the use of the Crate/Container/Canister DO’s here. They are really fun to use and give both sides a chance to hold their positions longer while in the middle of the action. A few things about the Battlefront rules to keep an eye on are the effectiveness of both the Thugs & the Rebel Capt. & Rebel troopers as they both can move 6 figures at a time. I did not use the Imperial Officer or Bib Fortuna but their ability to replenish your forces with figures that you didn’t start the game with might be an issue.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:52 PM
"like" happy

I'm not sure I'd be too worried about figures such as bib fortuna, rebel captain, and even the imperial officer in these scenarios. Those figures are not very strong figures and don't see a ton of play otherwise. I think the players could just concentrate on trying to kill those figures. That is just part of the Metagame for this format I think. I don't think its a deal breaker though. I'm going to try to get in some more battlefront in here soon. I'm just about done painting my first core set of rum and bones, then I'll clear the table and start playing the maps in question.

Old April 22nd, 2017, 03:59 PM
C3G Landlord

As mentioned in the rules thread, I think we just need to help lower the learning curve of playing with the new rules by highlighting how some units will shine more than others in this format. If players choose to ignore what we have to say on the matter only to get overrun by thugs that is their own fault.
Old May 1st, 2017, 02:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Anyone see anything I need to do here? Trying to get it ready to be PDF'ed and released and I don't recall what all that entails for prep work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape