Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:47 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Why Are People Still Playing Q9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Why play Major Q9 when Major Q10 is available?

Simple math shows 10 > 9, and he costs a whole 30 points less!

Why would anyone pay 30 points more for 1 less?

In fact, from an efficiency standpoint, Q9 costs 20 points per 'Q' while Q10 costs only 15 points per 'Q' - he's 25% more efficient!
Oh man, I completely forgot about my “points per Q” lessons!
Old July 22nd, 2019, 01:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
How sad would it be if you blanked every time against 9 vipers. oops didn't mean to post twice.
@TREX once blanked against my Vipers 13 times in a row with Q9, so obviously he's just overrated.

I mean, he did end up winning anyway, but I think that had more to do with having DW8K in his army than Q9.
That was a crazy game. Never seen DW8 kill so much.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 23rd, 2019, 03:33 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Yeah I bet DW8 can rack up some kills on vipers.

As far as Q9 goes... people were asking why I'd use him over other choices. The only one is 9 1-dice attacks for laughs (or if you know for sure you're shooting against squads with height advantage I guess). As far as competitive goes... yeah, he's not great. If he could special at range 8 and cost 10 points or so less, he might be okay. I just see him throw a bunch of random dice, then get picked off by a couple whiffs on defense rolls.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 04:55 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Why play Major Q9 when Major Q10 is available?

Simple math shows 10 > 9, and he costs a whole 30 points less!

Why would anyone pay 30 points more for 1 less?

In fact, from an efficiency standpoint, Q9 costs 20 points per 'Q' while Q10 costs only 15 points per 'Q' - he's 25% more efficient!

That's gotta be the tipping point. The Q-Tipping point.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 06:05 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

X17's the best Major
Old July 23rd, 2019, 10:48 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
X17's the best Major
He is only a little less than 6 points per X. What's the Q to X exchange rate these days anyway? I've never been great with foreign currency.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 23rd, 2019, 10:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm confused why anybody would want any Majors in the first place.

Go look at a box of HeroScape and tell me what the age suggestion is.

That's right. 8+.

This is a game for Minors.

They should never have released Majors of any kind.
Old July 24th, 2019, 03:51 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'm confused why anybody would want any Majors in the first place.

Go look at a box of HeroScape and tell me what the age suggestion is.

That's right. 8+.

This is a game for Minors.

They should never have released Majors of any kind.
So what you're saying is we need some dwarves with pickaxes...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 13th, 2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old July 24th, 2019, 12:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Why doesn't everyone use Agent Carr - He is 80 points cheaper and has up to 6 attack. Plus he does doesn't go hunting (like the Major) - that assumes a possibility of failure - Agent Carr goes killing!
Old July 25th, 2019, 06:24 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know guys... I actually think Q9 is pretty underrated. 3 attacks of 3 is decent for a hero, and his 7 defense 4 life is not too shabby. I know he catches a lot of flack but maybe it's time to give Q9 another shot. I know he usually doesn't hit the game table because he isn't as appealing as something like the Zombies or Venocs or even Isamu, but he's actually not that bad.

I'd encourage people to give Q9 another chance.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion