Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old December 23rd, 2020, 02:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Sweet! Hope that does the trick!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 24th, 2020, 03:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My first HBO Max casts to the big screen TV have been two one offs, after watching the two long DC Comics series noted upthread here on my PC Monitor:

Deadwood The Movie Because I never had premium channels before, I have this and a few other HBO TV series on DVD. They never got to make a final season of this show as they wanted. So ten years after the show ended, they finally got to do this movie, which is particularly great if you've seen the series unfold. On the 'extra' short feature, several actors say it was the best job they ever had!

Living With Lincoln This amazing documentary is by several generations and members of the family with the greatest collection of Lincoln books and photos in the world! As the descendants of a Union civil war soldier, they have written books of their own. Long ago they rescued and provided all the old contemporary Matthew Brady pictures we know today, including those used on the penny and the five dollar bill, consulted with the sculptor who did the Lincoln Memorial statue, and etc. Although I know a fair amount about Lincoln, these folks have many moving insights to share on the man and his family that were new and wonderful to me! For example, did you know that both Lincoln and one of his sons were sick when he gave the Gettysburg Address?

Coming Up:

Westworld the TV series.

Wonder Woman 1984 (Of Course) I think this will be a first new simultaneous release film seen at home on its theatrical release date for many of us!

Last edited by chas; December 24th, 2020 at 04:21 AM.
Old December 26th, 2020, 12:06 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Batman: The Animated Series is coming to HBO Max on the first. Fingers crossed they'll eventually get the whole DCAU on there
Old December 26th, 2020, 04:19 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wife and I started The Expanse Monday. Got current up to season 5 on Thursday. Great show, and love that it's scifi without being too far out of the realm of possibility.
Old December 26th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Wife and I started The Expanse Monday. Got current up to season 5 on Thursday. Great show, and love that it's scifi without being too far out of the realm of possibility.
*cough* Protomolecule *cough*

Jokes aside, I love the show and books. I hope they find a way to get the last 3 books adapted. I can't wait for the last book to come out. The way book 8 ended was just too tasty. It is really cool to see humans in space, and the most unrealistic piece of tech the humans have is the Epstein Drive, and that isn't crazy.
Old December 28th, 2020, 08:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

While channel surfing at 8 AM this morning I come upon a BBC America description of a Peter Capaldi Dr. Who episode called "The Girl Who Died" from 2015. Since it has Vikings in it I decide to take a look. Now, I haven't watched Dr. Who in years, and never seen Capaldi at all in the role. This is only one of a marathon of many Dr. Who shows they are running for the holidays, all of which I am not viewing.

And who do I see as a familiar face guest starring?

Why, its Masie Williams playing a gutsy Viking teen--who else would she be playing, after all? (that's Arya Stark from Game of Thrones, you know).

How about that?
Old December 28th, 2020, 08:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool, I am an old school Dr Who fan. Watched most of the new stuff up to Capaldi as well. He reminds a lot of the very first Doctor.

I just watched a Masie film, Sunstroke 2014. Not too bad, way better than I expected.
Old December 28th, 2020, 07:14 PM

Maisie is also in the next episode, for a quite interesting reason, as its set 800 years later.

And the Doctor's Assistant later played in the PBS series Victoria...as Queen Victoria!
Old January 17th, 2021, 08:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've watched the first 2 episodes of WandaVision and have really enjoyed it. Very different than anything Marvel has done. I love the setting and style as it's presented as an old 50's and 60's show like Bewitched, I Love Lucy and Dick Van Duke show.

With me being 53, I very much remember watching those shows when I was young. I watched the reruns of course, as the first airings were even before my time, but those were some fun shows.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 17th, 2021, 09:37 AM

Enjoyed the second season of The Mandalorian and the third of Star Trek Discovery. Don't know if I'll be able to keep up with all the spin offs of both! (not on HBO Max).

Going through HBO Max means not only checking out everything A to Z, but doing the same for the "HBO Hubs" that act as gateways to other offerings! There are a half dozen of these, although one person won't be interested in all of them.

Surprise discoveries await...
Old January 19th, 2021, 10:10 AM

Saw the 9 episodes of the First Season of a bizarre little SF comedy called Avenue 5 with Hugh Laurie and Ethan Phillips. Its not laugh out loud funny, but has some nice moments on an interstellar cruise ship in outer space. In a very poignant scene, people die because they are invested in an alternate fictional reality, which is all too relevant to our current political scene!

I loved Laurie in Bertie and Jeeves on PBS year ago, where he played the ultimate British upper class twit. There is a great running gag where as the ship captain he affects an American accent, which was supposedly more reassuring in the future to the passengers--the opposite of how today British accents are so fashionable here in the USA--and only speaks in his natural British accent when he gets drunk!

A second season has been green lighted.
Old January 19th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Woof, I watched the first two episodes and just could not get into it. Just not my sense of humor, I guess.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV