Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 5th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: White Knight's Custom 3D Printed Figures

I doubt their lance is printable and they are pretty bad regardless.
Old December 5th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

If you want to add Templars to your game I'd suggest finding unpainted proxy figures and painting them up, such as these ones - that's what I'd do when I want to add a second squad to the game.

But yeah, those guys aren't great - I'd suggest using the CUC version, which is what I'm planning to swap to - one area HS really screwed up was cavalry. Still, they're fun at times - I still have fond memories shortly after I got my one squad of them, playing on that ludicrously long Volcarren Wasteland map - my Mum, swarming my lines with Cyprien (consistently her favourite Classic hero), underestimating my knights in my backlines - spring the trap, one charge, one crushed and spitted vampire.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 5th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbowenwriter View Post
This looks cool. We've been looking for knights to add to our game, but the after-market pieces (has it been 7 years since they stopped making heroscape?) are crazy expensive. The school has a 3D printer, so we'll give it a try.

Also, do you know where I can find stl files for the Templar Cavalry Knights?

Thanks.
Templar Calvary

If I were printing them, I'd cut off the spear in Blender and print it separately (and maybe even make a new spear in Blender).

If you need other files, let me know. I have all of them scanned.
Old December 5th, 2017, 09:14 PM

kbowenwriter is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Talking Re: White Knight's Custom 3D Printed Figures

Thanks so much, White Knight, I really appreciate it.

~K.
Old December 5th, 2017, 09:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

This is random, but - how much would it cost to have someone print figures out for me? If I covered the shipping, time, and materials. I just don't have access to a printer.
Old December 6th, 2017, 12:32 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think Thingverse does printing.
Old December 6th, 2017, 01:26 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I don't think they sell them through Thingiverse, though? Unless I'm reading it wrong.
Old December 7th, 2017, 01:56 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
This is random, but - how much would it cost to have someone print figures out for me? If I covered the shipping, time, and materials. I just don't have access to a printer.
You could send the files to Shapeways or another online service, but they are for-profit and pretty expensive. On the other hand, they can print good detail.

If there are models you want printed for Heroscape, I can probably do it. Pick out which models you want and I'll give you a price (with a breakdown so you can understand the costs). But my resolution isn't good enough to see most facial features on human sized figures.
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:19 AM

Gotcha, thank you! I've actually been wanting to get characters from Bioshock printed - I'm trying to find models. In the meantime, what would be the price for, say, a squad of templar? Higher because they're bigger, of course.
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Gotcha, thank you! I've actually been wanting to get characters from Bioshock printed - I'm trying to find models. In the meantime, what would be the price for, say, a squad of templar? Higher because they're bigger, of course.
Estimate below. Note: I haven't tried to print one yet, so the time to clean and assemble might change.

1x Templar Calvary -- $5.00
3.3m of printing filament ($1.00)
2 hours to print ($1.00)
30 minutes to clean off support material and attach lance ($3.00)

$15/squad (cleaned and assembled)
$6/squad (straight off the printer, unassembled and with support material attached)

How I decide on prices:
1) actual filament costs
2) Labor costs ($1 per 10 minutes, when I have to use my hot tool and/or epoxy to assemble or clean support material)
3) Machine time costs ($.50/hour).
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
You could send the files to Shapeways or another online service, but they are for-profit and pretty expensive. On the other hand, they can print good detail.

If there are models you want printed for Heroscape, I can probably do it. Pick out which models you want and I'll give you a price (with a breakdown so you can understand the costs). But my resolution isn't good enough to see most facial features on human sized figures.
Yes Shapeways was what I was looking for here. Thanks White Knight.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 7th, 2017, 01:09 PM

Huh! I might have to contact you next check!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards