Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 10th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Trunks (Future)

What?
Old June 10th, 2022, 12:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Well you edited it after I posted that, but my suggested wording that Sporx mentioned doesn't affect how it was tested at all.
Old June 10th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Updated to work the way it was intended and Playtested.
Quote:
SHINING SWORD ATTACK
When Trunks attacks he may either attack:
• with his normal attack and if at least one skull is rolled, he may attack again; or,
• with his Burning Attack Special Attack.
When attacking with Trunks' normal attack, roll 1 fewer combat die for each attack after the first.
Basically I moved the rolling a skull bit to the end of the first bullet as a clarifier for attacking again.
Why would you need to specify that when he attacks he may attack with his special attack? Isn't that just how special attacks work?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 10th, 2022, 01:13 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Updated to work the way it was intended and Playtested.
Quote:
SHINING SWORD ATTACK
When Trunks attacks he may either attack:
• with his normal attack and if at least one skull is rolled, he may attack again; or,
When attacking with Trunks' normal attack, roll 1 fewer combat die for each attack after the first.
Basically I moved the rolling a skull bit to the end of the first bullet as a clarifier for attacking again.
Why would you need to specify that when he attacks he may attack with his special attack? Isn't that just how special attacks work?
Not for extra attacks I do not believe.
Old June 10th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
When Trunks attacks he may attack with his Burning Attack Special Attack.
This is all the second bullet of your power says.
Old June 10th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
SHINING SWORD ATTACK
After Trunks attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if at least one skull was rolled, he may either attack:
• with his normal attack against an adjacent figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die; or,
I do not see any issue with this wording. Please explain why it does not work.
Old June 10th, 2022, 01:32 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I *think* understand the intent now. If so, I'd prefer a slight tweak to that, like so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
SHINING SWORD ATTACK
After Trunks attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if at least one skull was rolled, he may attack again, either:
• with his normal attack against an adjacent figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die; or,

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 10th, 2022, 01:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

The power is already telling you that if you meet the conditions you can attack so I think the "again" part is redundant. It's saying if you do X, you can then do Y. Since my wording already says after you attack, its clear that any attack you are getting is another attack. I just think my wording is the clearest and most straightforward.
Old June 10th, 2022, 01:48 PM

I think it flows better with the "again" in there and matches the precedent of things like Fists of Fury that you could argue don't need the "again" but to me read much less awkwardly with it.

Old June 10th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Tickle Pickle

Yours is longer and reads more awkwardly, two things we try to avoid when wording powers. It is better than the wording Karat proposed so I would be OK with it. Maybe @Sporx can weigh in again.
Old June 10th, 2022, 02:48 PM

Honestly I think part of the awkwardness is the bullets, which I don't think are necessary here with two options. I'd probably do this:

After Trunks attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if at least one skull was rolled, he may attack again with either his Burning Attack Special Attack or against an adjacent figure with his normal attack, rolling 1 fewer attack die.

or

After Trunks attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if at least one skull was rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again with his normal attack, rolling 1 fewer attack die, or he may attack with his Burning Attack Special Attack.

I think I prefer the second.

Old June 10th, 2022, 04:35 PM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am looking at Syvarris’s “Double Attack” and Wildcat’s “The Ol’ One-Two.” They both use “one additional time…” So, here are two options, one with bullets, one without:

SHINING SWORD ATTACK

After Trunks attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if at least one skull was rolled, he may attack one additional time, either with his normal attack against an adjacent figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die, or with his Burning Attack Special Attack.

OR

SHINING SWORD ATTACK
After Trunks attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if at least one skull was rolled, he may attack one additional time, either:
• with his normal attack against an adjacent figure, rolling 1 fewer attack die; or

If it is without bullets, then I think the Burning Attack should be listed second, so that people don’t read the “1 fewer attack die” to apply to both options. Also, in the bullet points version, there shouldn’t be a comma after “or.” Some of the earlier drafts have that extra comma.

Thoughts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library