Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old January 17th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

I already made things similar, so if you're interested to create your own styles/editing boxes, perhaps you could try my version of MSE, here to see the diferences between the original one.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 18th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

@Drewman-chu
Are you wanting something like this?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 19th, 2015, 10:12 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Yes, that is perfect.
Old January 19th, 2015, 10:22 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Yes, that is perfect.
Cool. I should be able to get the file posted at lunchtime.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 19th, 2015, 02:25 PM

@Drewman-chu
Here is the file with instructions to add the designer credit field to you Marvel card style.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 19th, 2015, 07:45 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

works great, thank you.
Old January 21st, 2015, 04:22 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The "DEFENSE" value in the Marvel templates I downloaded is too big and floods into the number box?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old January 21st, 2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
The "DEFENSE" value in the Marvel templates I downloaded is too big and floods into the number box?

Are these the ones included with the MSE downloads or did you get them from a different source?

You can edit the positions of the number fields for the stats and, if necessary shrink the font to help them fit in the available space. If you need tips on how to do this, let me know.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:38 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had a few people report that - I think that you don't have the Arial Narrow font for some reason. You'll have to get it, or edit the template as mac suggested.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old January 24th, 2015, 02:19 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
something like this?
Today I hope to fix my MSE needs and start some Magic: Heroscape customs playtesting.

Starting with the above quote, I cannot edit the game file because Access Denied. I assume this is an administrator issue. I'm aware that for Win8 the owner is not the admin by default as an extra measure against trojans. I'm not aware of how to get around this.

As for the Marvel template, I did use this thread's first page to download the Marvel Template.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
I've had a few people report that - I think that you don't have the Arial Narrow font for some reason. You'll have to get it, or edit the template as mac suggested.
1) How do I know if I have/don't have Arial Narrow?
1b) How do I get it if I don't have it?
2) How do I edit the template?
2b) Will I face the same access denial as I found with trying to add credential lines?

Last edited by Confred; January 24th, 2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
something like this?
Today I hope to fix my MSE needs and start some Magic: Heroscape customs playtesting.

Starting with the above quote, I cannot edit the game file because Access Denied. I assume this is an administrator issue. I'm aware that for Win8 the owner is not the admin by default as an extra measure against trojans. I'm not aware of how to get around this.

As for the Marvel template, I did use this thread's first page to download the Marvel Template.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
1) How do I know if I have/don't have Arial Narrow?
1b) How do I get it if I don't have it?
2) How do I edit the template?
2b) Will I face the same access denial as I found with trying to add credential lines?
Step 1 for any of these changes is going to be getting the Admin rights to your PC. If you can't get Admin rights, you might try installing MSE on a jump drive. I've done this so I can work on cards during my lunch hour at work. This should let you get around the rights issue.

Here's a link to download Arial Narrow. Once you've got it downloaded, you should be able to right-click on the file and see an option to install it - assuming it won't require Admin rights or you can get the rights.

Editing the template is fairly straightforward. If you want to change the font or just the size, open the style file for the card type in a text editing program like Notepad. For Marvel, it should have a path similar to this:
C:\(location of your installation)\Magic Set Editor 2\data\heroscape-marvel.mse-style\style
As you scroll down the text, you'll see headings for name, general, species, etc. Keep scrolling until you see move, range, attack, and defense. Under each of these, you'll see entries that set the position and size of the text box, alignment and so forth. Look for the font entry. You should see
name: Arial Narrow
size: 23
weight: bold
color: rgb(255,255,255)

Change any of these entries to adjust the font.
If you can't or don't want to download the font, another option would be to leave the font as it is and adjust the position of the text boxes. Look for the "left" entry for move, range, attack, and defense. They should all be the same - should be 528. Change this number in small increments, keeping them all the same. Higher numbers push the boxes further to the right, and conversely, smaller numbers pull the boxes further to the left. Save the file and open MSE to check positions. Change the numbers again if it's not quite right, close and reopen MSE. Continue this until you've got the boxes in the spots you want.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:54 PM

I didn't have Arial Narrow before and boy does it look different now - Especially bold keyword titles!

To get Admin Access, I right clicked the program icon in the task bar and selected run as admin.

I'm still trying to figure out designer credit.
1) If I paste the text in the suggested spots in the game and style files, MSE won't open HS
1b) Then I have to utilize my backups to set things back to the way they were. Going back in and deleting the pasted information still leads to HS not working in MSE
2) If I paste the text at the bottom of the document, MSE will open HS, but no changes seem apparent.
2b) If I then cut from the bottom and paste in the center, issue #1 happens

Last edited by Confred; January 25th, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software