Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM

Romanus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Cool Best General

So my little brother needs help. He is entering a tournament with the event general wars. I already know what army im going to pick but he doesn't. I am asking you to help a kid in need and tell him which general you think is best. If you could also list a army that would be great too.(He wanted to use Ornak but then decided against it, was that a good decision?)

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" Gandalf the Gray
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Best General

The single most important thing about putting together an army for a tournament is he should make an army he *likes to play.* Any general (besides Valkrill) can do, depending on the point total. The main considerations are (1) the point total, (2) what he has available to use, and (3) what he likes.

Another thing he should remember is to make his army's order management as simple as he can. He's not going to want to have to do a flea circus with his OMs hopping all over the place.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:03 PM

Ok the point total is 400 of and we have most of the earlier packs. He loves playing as the bad guys so valkrill counts as utgar.

Old October 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Heh. In that case, he should play what he wants, and I'll see him (and maybe you) in November.

= =
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Ok Im gonna be playing a vydar army. What about you?

Old October 18th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Valkrill.

= =
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Haha nice but you definitely need to out number the other guy or have a extreme amount of mezzo's

Old October 18th, 2011, 10:14 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The last two Peoria tournaments have been General Wars,You can look through the battle reports thread for army ideas.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38019
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33025
(It was 500 point armys though)

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 18th, 2011, 10:17 PM

ImAPirate Woo who?

I would choose utgar army with orcs and if you have ornak deffently use him.

But there is one they fear in there tong is name is Navoken, DragonBorn.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-t..._video-6300570
Old October 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
The last two Peoria tournaments have been General Wars,You can look through the battle reports thread for army ideas.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38019
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33025
(It was 500 point armys though)
Thank you. The list help alot. I also liked reading the reports. Sounds like youre pretty good.

Old October 21st, 2011, 05:08 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In this thread I did a very mindless calculation that says Jandar and Utgar for the win. Both of them have enough A range units that you can field solid armies of either one.

However, as someone pointed out in that thread, Aquilla has the dwarves, and dwarves rock. I am sure Aquilla is going to win one of these soon. I guess Vakrill could too, Dad_scaper will probably be bringing a lot of Death Chasers, so tell your little brother to counter-draft.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion