Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 5th, 2022, 10:09 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Given the date, I guess that Dance of the Dryads has entered?
Old February 5th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Yes- congrats Typhon!!
Old February 5th, 2022, 04:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Out of curiosity….would it be safe to say that ScapeCon events will ONLY pull maps for the event from the WoS list? Since these are supposed to be the best of the best maps.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 5th, 2022, 05:24 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Out of curiosity….would it be safe to say that ScapeCon events will ONLY pull maps for the event from the WoS list? Since these are supposed to be the best of the best maps.
No, although we will (almost certainly) use some WoS maps. There are a number of great maps that haven’t even been nominated yet.

Last edited by OEAO; February 5th, 2022 at 05:42 PM. Reason: I also wouldn’t expect to see any maps from ScapeCon I at ScapeCon II
Old February 5th, 2022, 08:07 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Yes- congrats Typhon!!
Hooray! A real honor. That makes my day.
Old February 8th, 2022, 07:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Savage Corridor by Nomad

This one gets on my (online) table fairly frequently, one of my favorite ARV maps for sure.

While thinking about it a bit deeper for my WoS review, I struggled with the question of how a map with a couple 7-hex slabs at the top could be good. It's just the opposite of how many modern maps are built, especially with the central valley between the two hills.

But somehow Savage Corridor walks the tightrope and this map seems to always work. The start zones are interesting, making initial placement important, but deployment is relatively straightforward from each section. One thing that helps this map avoid a major two-hills problem is the fact that the two hills are so close together. You can be on one hill and then adjacent to the other hill with a single move of 5. There's also good ways to approach each hill on road and with jungle cover.

I do think this map would benefit from ladders on the central road-spur sections for a slightly more dynamic center that also helped lateral movement, but otherwise I find Savage Corridor a solid map. We just inducted a map with the same sets, Invasion (over my abstention), and I'd prefer to play Savage Corridor over Invasion at least 80% of the time. I think it's unlikely that Savage Corridor will pass (needs two more upvotes in the next 3 days), but I wanted to record my support of this map.

to induct

Last edited by superfrog; February 9th, 2022 at 02:04 PM.
Old February 8th, 2022, 08:29 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I think it's unlikely that Savage Corridor will pass (needs three more upvotes in the next 3 days), but I wanted to record my support of this map.
Sooo, what happens then...we just resubmit it and it moves back to the bottom of the list?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 8th, 2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Savage Corridor by Nomad

This one gets on my (online) table fairly frequently, one of my favorite ARV maps for sure.

While thinking about it a bit deeper for my WoS review, I struggled with the question of how a map with a couple 7-hex slabs at the top could be good. It's just the opposite of how many modern maps are built, especially with the central valley between the two hills.

But somehow Savage Corridor walks the tightrope and this map seems to always work. The start zones are interesting, making initial placement important, but deployment is relatively straightforward from each section. One thing that helps this map avoid a major two-hills problem is the fact that the two hills are so close together. You can be on one hill and then adjacent to the other hill with a single move of 5. There's also good ways to approach each hill on road and with jungle cover.

I do think this map would benefit from ladders on the road sections for a slightly more dynamic center that also helped lateral movement, but otherwise I find Savage Corridor a solid map. We just inducted a map with the same sets, Invasion (over my abstention), and I'd prefer to play Savage Corridor over Invasion at least 80% of the time. I think it's unlikely that Savage Corridor will pass (needs three more upvotes in the next 3 days), but I wanted to record my support of this map.

to induct
I'm with you, @superfrog : I prefer Savage Corridor to Invasion too.
Old February 8th, 2022, 09:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I think it's unlikely that Savage Corridor will pass (needs three more upvotes in the next 3 days), but I wanted to record my support of this map.
Sooo, what happens then...we just resubmit it and it moves back to the bottom of the list?
As it stands the map will fail, 1-1 (falling short of the 75% required). You may resubmit it, yes. I know other judges were feeling like they could have used more time to decide on the map but the deadline is the deadline.

At the same time we don’t want undue submission spam, so we do encourage people to consider whether a second submission is likely to change the outcome or not before pulling the trigger.
Old February 9th, 2022, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As it stands the map will fail, 1-1 (falling short of the 75% required). You may resubmit it, yes. I know other judges were feeling like they could have used more time to decide on the map but the deadline is the deadline.

At the same time we don’t want undue submission spam, so we do encourage people to consider whether a second submission is likely to change the outcome or not before pulling the trigger.
Well, it just seems a bit odd is all that a map fails due to "timing out" simply because judges didn't get around to reviewing it. I mean, for this particular case, if it doesn't get more reviews, I'll definitley just resubmit it so ya'll have more time to get to it. That said, I can see this "rule" being more of a case-by-case basis

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 9th, 2022, 12:53 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, it just seems a bit odd is all that a map fails due to "timing out" simply because judges didn't get around to reviewing it. I mean, for this particular case, if it doesn't get more reviews, I'll definitley just resubmit it so ya'll have more time to get to it. That said, I can see this "rule" being more of a case-by-case basis
Several of us are still deciding how- or if- to vote. If we were enthusiastically in support of it, we presumably would have already voted. If it times out, that’s a pretty decent indication of our opinions.

The timeout rule’s function is to keep the queue moving. It guarantees that no map sits in limbo for years at a time. If a map does not receive 75% upvotes by its deadline, it will fail. I’m not sure if this is the case-by-case thing you are talking about, but that’s a hard and fast rule. We have no discretion regarding the timeout.
Old February 9th, 2022, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Several of us are still deciding how- or if- to vote. If we were enthusiastically in support of it, we presumably would have already voted. If it times out, that’s a pretty decent indication of our opinions.

The timeout rule’s function is to keep the queue moving. It guarantees that no map sits in limbo for years at a time. If a map does not receive 75% upvotes by its deadline, it will fail. I’m not sure if this is the case-by-case thing you are talking about, but that’s a hard and fast rule. We have no discretion regarding the timeout.
So, are you saying then that if the timer runs out, then we couldn’t just resubmit the map to restart the timer and give y’all time to get your reviews done? If a map receives only 1 or 2 reviews before timing out I s the assumption it HAS to be updated before resubmission?

I get that the timer keeps things moving but I don’t buy that it takes 6 months for judges to decide if a map is even worth testing. For example, some maps you’ve quickly reviewed, and downvoted, without playtesting (my recent Swamp map submission) which is totally within the purview of this project, and that’s fine. But, if that is the case then the assumption would be a map sitting for months without immediate downvotes, would be good enough to be tested/reviewed. So I’m just saying I think it’s a bit unfair to the creators to use the timer as an auto-fail because of the judges failure to get a review done. That’s all. If a map isn’t downvoted outright, then clearly it has enough going for it to warrant tests from the judges…otherwise why not just downvote it outright? Again, if that’s the case, then I think the issue resides on the judges to do their due diligence by completing their reviews.

Not trying to rustle any feathers, I just think the “timer” rule could be improved upon.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios