Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old September 4th, 2018, 08:25 PM

danthem knows what's in an order marker danthem knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I would be okay with cost reduction on the right figure, but I'm not sure about it here. It feels weird for him to be worth more by himself.

The Superman Toy looks perfect for the mini.

I'd drop the secret identity from Small Superman altogether, and do something like this for wording, mostly preserving the current mechanics:

Quote:
KRYPTONIAN VESSEL
At the start of the game choose a Superman in your army, if possible, to be considered Small Superman's Materializer. If you do, Small Superman starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. After taking a turn with Small Superman's Materializer, if that figure did not attack during its turn and Small Superman is on this card, you may place Small Superman on any space adjacent to his Materializer and take an immediate turn with Small Superman.

POWER-BORROWING
While Small Superman is on the battlefield, subtract 3 from his Materializer's Attack and Defense numbers, and his Materializer cannot use any special powers. After revealing an Order Marker on his Materializer's card and instead of taking a turn with his Materializer, you may take a turn with Small Superman.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
A few points to consider:
-'Materializer' sounds super, super awkward, but I couldn't come up with anything better on the spot. Pretty much anything you come up with to replace that word would be better
-Should Power-Borrowing be letting Small Superman use Big Superman's powers?
-Should Big Superman be able to banish Small Superman back to his own card? As-is, he might be reluctant to summon him, if he's committing to depowering himself.
What about just "vessel" instead of materializer? Fits the name.

Power borrowing should probably enable him to use the abilities on his vessels card! Great idea!

In the comic, Superman cannot banish small Superman, and is stuck almost powerless until he dies protecting him, so probably not. There's a scene where Superman basically sends small Superman on a suicide mission, trying to kill him to get his own powers back. The idea of this unit is to be cost efficient and some "extra health" for your Superman.

The point cost reduction makes sense to me, as this unit not starting on the board could be a negative, and he depowers your Superman. Think of the point cost as him leeching Superman's powers to pay for his own. If that is a new mechanic, I can understand the reluctance for this being the debut figure.

Also, that figure would be great! I was worried there may not be a good fit for this one.
Old September 4th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Weird. I dig it.
Old September 4th, 2018, 11:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I like what you have here, but I'd go with something like this for the third power. It plays off the fact that a) he was once called Valor, and b) that at one time he stood in for Superman as the Inspiration for the Legion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post

NAME = MON-EL
SECRET IDENTITY = LAR GAND

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 8
POINTS = ???

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or Destructible Object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

INSPIRATIONAL VALOR
After Mon-El is destroyed, if all your Order Markers are on Legionnaire Army Cards consider all Legionnaire's Inspired. When Legionnaire's are inspired they may add one to their movement, their Attack, and their Defense.

LEAD ANTIDOTE
Start the game with a grey Antidote Marker on this card. If Mon-El receives 3 or more wounds in a single attack, remove the Antidote Marker from this card. At the end of each round, if the Antidote Marker is not on this card, roll 1 unblockable attack die against Mon-El.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 4th, 2018, 11:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I like what you have here, but I'd go with something like this for the third power. It plays off the fact that a) he was once called Valor, and b) that at one time he stood in for Superman as the Inspiration for the Legion.
Quote:

NAME = MON-EL

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 8
POINTS = ???

Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or Destructible Object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

INSPIRATIONAL VALOR
After Mon-El is destroyed, if all your Order Markers are on Legionnaire Army Cards consider all Legionnaire's Inspired. When Legionnaire's are inspired they may add one to their movement, their Attack, and their Defense.

LEAD ANTIDOTE
Start the game with a grey Antidote Marker on this card. If Mon-El receives 3 or more wounds in a single attack, remove the Antidote Marker from this card. At the end of each round, if the Antidote Marker is not on this card, roll 1 unblockable attack die against Mon-El.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Interesting! I actually really like that, even if it means dropping Daxamite Defense, which I kind of had a soft spot for. So if I;m reading it correctly, every round after Mon-El is destroyed, if all your OMs are on Legion cards,they are inspired? That's unique and cool.
Old September 4th, 2018, 11:52 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:

NAME = MON-EL

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 8
POINTS = ???

INSPIRATIONAL VALOR

LEAD ANTIDOTE

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Interesting! I actually really like that, even if it means dropping Daxamite Defense, which I kind of had a soft spot for. So if I;m reading it correctly, every round after Mon-El is destroyed, if all your OMs are on Legion cards,they are inspired? That's unique and cool.
Right the first time! And it makes him a front liner, which seems right. Also, similar to Superman with the beefy defense and Heat Vision, but in a different way.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 5th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = MON-EL

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 8
POINTS = ???

INSPIRATIONAL VALOR
After Mon-El is destroyed, if all your Order Markers are placed on Legionnaire Army Cards, then all Legionnaires you control become inspired. Inspired Legionnaires add 1 to their Move number, Attack number, and Defense number.

LEAD ANTIDOTE

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Just some quick adjustments based off of Solovar. I changed the wording slightly from his so that it's based on if where the OMs are at this current moment. That way, OM movers like Dream Girl can have some fun. I think this guy is looking really cool! Thanks Spidey!

Last edited by MrNobody; September 5th, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old September 5th, 2018, 07:24 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem View Post
The point cost reduction makes sense to me, as this unit not starting on the board could be a negative, and he depowers your Superman. Think of the point cost as him leeching Superman's powers to pay for his own. If that is a new mechanic, I can understand the reluctance for this being the debut figure.
Why not just make Small Superman 100 points cheaper instead?
Old September 5th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the Valor power.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old September 5th, 2018, 10:14 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

NAME = MON-EL

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = ???

FREEZE BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
Choose 2 spaces in a straight line from Mon-El. All figures on the chosen spaces, and all figures other than Mon-El within 1 space of the chosen spaces are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If an opponent's Unique Hero receives at least one wound from Freeze Breath Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero's Army Card. Figures with the Ice Resistance special power are not affected by Freeze Breath.

DAXAMITE DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Daxamite or Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

LEAD ANTIDOTE
Start the game with a grey Antidote Marker on this card. If Mon-El receives 2 or more wounds in a single attack, remove the Antidote Marker from this card. At the end of each round, if the Antidote Marker is not on this card, roll 1 unblockable attack die against Mon-El.
Here's another Legionnaire. I've always felt they needed at least one more heavy hitter, and so here he is. (I also think Ultra Boy has a lot of potential for a fun design, but I haven't quite figured that out.) Basically, Mon-El has the powers of a Kryptonian, but his weakness is lead, not kryptonite. He has a special antidote he has to drink (I believe every 24 hours) or else he dies.

Freeze Breath was just an attempt to do something new with the Kryptonian-style powerset, but it could be swapped out for something more common like Heat Vision to make him feel more like Superman. The antidote power is slightly out of character because it's not like he actually needs to be sipping the potion every round, but that weakness is a pretty major part of his character that would fit well on his card. I also did a version where the antidote is a glyph, but I couldn't figure out what a Glyph of Lead Antidote (Or even a Glyph of Antidote) would do so I went with the marker version. Another option could be a power that represents his ties to the Phantom Zone.
If you are looking for a more unique freeze-type power, Freeze Breath could potentially place ice tiles instead of removing Order Markers. The impact is lower but if this guy truly is a knock-off Kryptonian I can see it making sense. I would be very careful with 7 life 7 defense with Daxamite Defense. Superman is a &!$#@ to kill and this guy shouldn't quite be that level. That said, I am in support of more Legionnaires and I like Spidey's idea of a small boosting power for the faction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem View Post
Believe it or not, I think there may be some superman hype going right now! I independently started thinking about this figure (and another I'll show once its more developed) earlier this week. These are only somewhat serious, so I don't expect them to be added to the actual game any time soon.

A part of this first design was the question, "how can i make the weirdest bonding that I can imagine?" Please let me know if there is stranger bonding than this one (is it even bonding if it only works one time in a whole game?)

Small Superman (this name could use some work! I don't believe he's ever actually named. He is called "Midget superman" once, but ... I don't think that will work.)
Spoiler Alert!

Yep. This really happened in the comics. What do you guys think? I was really trying to make a third ability which was some of the effects of the first one (to shorten that one ability), but all of the aspects seem relatively small, and not deserving of their own power. Wording as usual needs help. What do you guys think of the balance? Is conditional point cost reduction fine?
I agree that he shouldn't cost more points by himself, or if any point cost fluctuation is needed at all. There are numerous figures in C3G that can be drafted in pairs and other combinations. Check out Phoenix, Bruce Banner, and Beast Boy as examples of that.

Power Borrowing is quite funny and it doesn't trigger any serious alarms for me. Adding on 150 points to a Superman for one bonus turn with mini-Supe seems alright.

Cool design! I've always been fascinated by the things we've done with team-up / partner designs like Phoenix and Firestorm.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 5th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Mon-El was honestly boring me before - the sort of design I wasn't going to have an opinion either way on since he interested me neither thematically nor mechanically (though I could see his factional utility and would likely take him for that), but Inspirational Valour looks like a lot of fun, so good job!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

So how does this work, you just make a reply that contains the design idea you thought of and if you want to add anymore you can edit it later?
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
So how does this work, you just make a reply that contains the design idea you thought of and if you want to add anymore you can edit it later?
You got it. Post your write-up and see what people think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy