Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 27th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Killz custom unit thread.

I've owed you a drop by for a long time.

The Marro Nightmares
A bonding ranged unique squad with a Dund ability? Very creative while sticking with familiar abilities. The price tag is really high, but their movement is great and bonding is always good. I suspect Nightmare will almost never happen given the restrictions, but it will certainly draw enemy fire out of fear. Though the ability isn't clear; what does "All Marro Nightmares" mean exactly? I'm assuming it no longer works when one Nightmare is dead, is that the intent? Also, I don't see a reason that Dreadlord Reformed Bonding should happen at the end of the turn when all other forms of bonding happen at the start.

Ree-Bok-Shus
Marro heroes seem to have a naming scheme, with the -Sa ending for Warlords and -Na for Hivelords. I suggest giving your two Dreadlords the same ending. Ree's powers aren't amazing but his stats are. Still, I suspect 135 points is on the high side. I also suggest changing the name of Nightmare Leadership, as other Leadership powers (like Soldier Leadership) give movement bonuses.

Ka-Ra-Nul
I really like how he hates Hivelords in his backstory; it brings back the marro vs marro we saw in Me-Burq-Sa's bio. He's certainly effect against Large/Huge, but he's barely average otherwise. Even considering bonding, 140pts is too high.

Aroc Pyre
Interesting backstory. Heat Wave Special Attack is crazy-powerful. Sure, he hits allies, but just send him out first on his own and let him go nuts until he's dead. With some luck he can mow down entire armies of commons on his own. At the very least you should cut back either the range or dice of that attack.

Clear Waters
I'm pretty sure Clear Waters is overpowered. Put her on a swamp map (swamp water is treated as normal water), and watch her turn armies to dust (or... mud I guess). The tricky thing about terrain-specific units is that they need to be costed for idea terrain.

Kirsten
Some really creative stuff here. I love that Psycho Fury Special Attack requires you to attack one of your own, and that the Sword of Malavilence chain reacts on squads. Some neat stuff. The drawbacks keep her cost in check, so I think 150pts is probably close to right.

Barlowe
A 55% chance of destroying all squad figures within 4 spaces, and that's not even his attack? That's way too powerful, for any cost. Is there some reason he's as fast as a Viper?

Erik Uthark
Erik rolls 1 attack die with Rock Legs, but what does it do? Is it an attack? An auto-wound? The design concept is interesting, but really dependent on the map.

Selphion
Interesting filler, but I think he outclasses Zetacron a bit too much.

Samson Bladetongue
Aura of Fear is interesting. While it seems really strong, the fact that it hurts allies as well makes bonding with the Wolves of Badru questionable. Definitely makes for some interesting tactical decisions. I'm having trouble theoryscaping if he cost is accurate; hard to say without playtesting.

Cajer Macabre
Very high price, but he's probably still undercosted. Especially with bonding. That's quite the powerful combination of abilities he's got; possibly unbeatable to some armies. Does he really need Stealth on his Flying?

Hak-Har
He's certainly a brute! Though he's one of your more balanced units when you consider his cost, if not underpriced. He'll wreck things and he can take a few hits, but he doesn't have much in terms of multi-attacks. Looks fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards