Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 26th, 2016, 09:11 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ruins of Valhalla: Top 10 Posted!!

Consider this a (very late) acknowledgement of my surprise to make the top 10. I don't expect to win the grand prize, but I'm very gratified to have my map so well received after a long hiatus from the forum. Who knows, I might get back into mapmaking on a more extended basis when I have the time.

I did vote for my own entry, but since there's a lot of groundswell under Ruins of the Great Wall I figured I'd make note of my support for the other frontrunner, Desecrated Mine. I've been a fan of that terrain combination since Burial Marsh was inducted in the BoV. It's got a lot of unique challenges inherent in its terrain and it's interesting to see how different mapmakers combat them.

Will there be any battle reports of the NHSD event? It might be interesting to see players react to a pool of entirely new maps.
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:29 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Will there be any battle reports of the NHSD event? It might be interesting to see players react to a pool of entirely new maps.
I would also like to hear any feedback from the games.
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
So this going to sound like sour grapes but I think it needs to be said:

You are running a map making contest and then using your videos to promote the one you want to see win.

Thanks for putting this on and infusing the community with the inspiration to make new maps.

Happy NHSD everyone!!
Indeed. I will also note that the map featured in the video would not be permitted in any tournament that only uses maps with start zones that will accommodate the Hive. But, not my contest, not my rules.

Carry on, gentlemen.

I apologize if my post was ill-received. :'( to be honest, I was wondering whether or not I should post it....but I figured it'd add to the fun and get everyone pitching for their favorite map. I understand where you're coming from though, so I apologize for that...because yes, even though we're not particularly choosing the winner...because we're running it we should probably try to keep an unbiased opinion (at least till it's over). Still living and learning, so thank you for giving me an opportunity to learn!

But let us not dwell on it any further...
"Let the best map win!"
Just 5 days left to vote.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; September 27th, 2016 at 02:08 AM. Reason: apologies.
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:52 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I would also like to hear any feedback from the games.
Yes. You can be assured I'll have battle reports for at least myself. I'll encourage both @TREX and @Tiranx to submit battle reports of each of their battles as well following the NHSD tournament.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 27th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Indeed. I will also note that the map featured in the video would not be permitted in any tournament that only uses maps with start zones that will accommodate the Hive. But, not my contest, not my rules.

Carry on, gentlemen.
My map accommodates the hive, directions are in the build instructions.

Quote:
Excellent. I see you customized the start zones, in order to accommodate the Hive. Not that you needed it, in this game.
Old September 27th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I apologize if my post was ill-received. :'(
Running anything is a pain. A total pain. It's nearly impossible to run a thing without a few missteps. If you would like to count this as a misstep, I will not discourage you from doing so, but know that you have given far, far more to the community then you have taken away with one slight faux pas.

Fear not, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
My map accommodates the hive, directions are in the build instructions.
So they are. As I said, carry on, gentlemen.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 27th, 2016, 10:05 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I plan on using all these map submissions in testing units, or just playing for fun. They are all quite awesome. As much as I love all the BOV Maps, I have played on them quite a few times each in tournaments and just casual games at my home. It is refreshing to use new maps, along with new customs from HOSS, C3V, and C3G. I really appreciate all the time and effort put into all these entries. Any feedback for maps I run testing on will be given once this map contest is over. I do like the idea of keeping all the entries to contest like this in a singular place so other scapers can grab them up and play on them as well. As far as @Sir Heroscape goes, he is a kind person with nothing but great intentions. I'm sure his video with a map entry was because he is most excited about this contest and all its components, not as an attempt to alter the results of the contest. Thanks again everyone for participating.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; September 27th, 2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old September 29th, 2016, 07:29 AM

"May the best map win!"
Just 3 days left to vote.
This is getting exciting and coming down to the wire...someone's gotta be the tie-breaker!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; September 29th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old October 1st, 2016, 06:54 PM

Just 10 hours left to vote.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 1st, 2016, 07:48 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

This was a tough choice.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 01:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape , this contest is officially over, correct? If so, lets announce a winner so I can ship this Tower out so it can get some dice lovin.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 2nd, 2016, 01:38 PM

Ruins of Valhalla: Winner!!!

The Winner!!!

Download
Congratulations @TheSparkleInYourWater !! Please PM @TREX your address so we can mail the dice tower prize out to you. OM's will be mailed soon as well for those receiving them.

What a great contest everyone. Thank you all for your participation and time. This contest has been such a success and it's all because of you guys. We're
glad you all took this to heart and really put in your best effort. These maps I think will become a collection worthy of tournaments and this won't be the last time you see them. We'll be giving battle reports and reviews on these maps after the tournament and as we play test them, so stay tuned. Again, thank you...this contest is for YOU the Heroscape community!!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games