Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 26th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Ok, that’s a good one. If availability is ok I’ll put it in the op. I’ll check later.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 26th, 2019, 02:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m fairly certain that “Beaky” is too big to act as Kozil, looking more like a double hexer than a single. I have both minis. ^_^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 26th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok. Thanks, FS.

Obviously, I'm going to need basing and comparative size information for suggestions where that answer isn't obvious.

= =
Old September 26th, 2019, 04:03 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm thinking about using these Confrontation Executioners figures for alternative figures for the Nhah Scirh Cultists. They are still readily available. What do you think? I kinda like the look better than the original sculp.

Old September 26th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Those are fantastic alternatives to the Nhah Scirh Cultists. I'll put them in the OP (by which I actually mean the second post) later.

When I told the *actual* Nhah Scirh that we'd made a unit in his honor, it was already too late to get them for him. If these are available & cheap, it might finally be time.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 26th, 2019 at 04:11 PM. Reason: chris hahn
Old September 26th, 2019, 04:22 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Those are fantastic alternatives to the Nhah Scirh Cultists. I'll put them in the OP (by which I actually mean the second post) later.

When I told the *actual* Nhah Scirh that we'd made a unit in his honor, it was already too late to get them for him. If these are available & cheap, it might finally be time.
That's awesome to hear. Yeah when I stumbled upon them on ebay, they really looked more like a cult I would envision.

They can be found by doing a search on ebay. One seller has over 10 boxes for sale. He had more but I bought a few boxes haha!
Old September 26th, 2019, 04:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Much like the Knights of Weston can pull double duty as Knights of Blackgaard, I think that the Tarn Viking Warriors should be good proxies for Dreadgul Raiders, @Dad_Scaper . Here's a picture from coachmuskie showing some repainted:
Spoiler Alert!

@kolakoski I'd been eyeing that Chimera as a replacement for Racheim as well. Hopefully it ends up being a similar size and fits well on a HS base.
Old September 26th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh my god that is such a good idea. For sure going up top. I finally have Dreadgul Raiders!

= =
Old September 26th, 2019, 05:05 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

For those interested in other Racheim proxies, the Reaper Bones Chimera (Reaper ID: 77257) is pretty similar in size and look (I have it and have looked at it relative to my double-bases and on the board, and have played D&D with the Bonechill Chimera mini in the past) and in look. That was one of the proxies I was happiest finding on Reaper, and it's very affordable at roughly $7 per mini, for anyone interested. I could upload a photo of the unpainted one I have on some terrain if anyone wanted to see it. I had also picked out a set of minis to proxy the Dreagul Raiders (3 different Reaper sculpts) but it looks like repainting the Tarn may actually be cheaper than that, so that's cool!

Cheers!
Old September 26th, 2019, 05:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I would love to post an alternate mini for the Chimera, if you have one that is suitable for a peanut base.

I have your spreadsheet. I confess I haven't had the time to look at it yet, though.

= =
Old September 26th, 2019, 10:43 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

I just managed to get the pictures onto my computer, so I'm trying to figure out how to upload them here. If you don't remove the base it's attached to, it fits to the edge of Charos' base (I believe that's a large peanut). For those who'd want to fully rebase, it appears it would likely fit on Q9's base if you just glued the three legs that are down to the base. Hopefully it'll work out - we'll see what everyone thinks when I can get the pictures to display.

@Dad_Scaper - No worries! I imagine you're probably plenty busy, and my goal was just to provide something helpful before someone else took on work I had already attempted to complete. If there are specific units that people are extremely interested in alternate miniatures for, I can post the Reaper IDs (or possibly photos for the ones I have) for any that I've found!
Old September 26th, 2019, 11:43 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually painted up that Reaper chimera a while ago and I think he'd be a great proxy for Rachiem. Here's a pic of them next to each other:

There's a bunch of options for out there for other C3V/SoV figures that use D&D figures (both painted and unpainted) mainly in the new wizkids D&D lines (Nolzur's and Icons of the Realm) and Reaper Bones. For example for Kozil there's lots of good owlbear miniatures from Reaper and from the D&D line. Also there are good options for the Brute Gruts from the Wizkids lines' orcs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs