Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 25th, 2019, 05:23 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Hello all,

New member here, but longtime heroscape player and recent discoverer of this community and C3V/SoV, which has been fantastic. In regards to the comment above about going through the Reaper Bones catalog and finding proxies, I have actually done that and have a list of figures that match up to a significant amount of C3V cards, including those that were previously from other lines of miniatures (D&D/Rackham especially, as I was having a lot of trouble finding older sculpts so my gaming group opted for Reaper proxies as they were very available). If that's still something people would be interested in in addition to the other resources already linked I can find a way to provide it - there is some overlap with Lefton4ya's list but I have a fair amount of additional proxies we thought were reasonable (Skull Demons, Microcorp Troopers, Buccaneers of Tortuga, Knights of Blackgaard and others).

Cheers!
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Welcome aboard, SharkRider! New blood!

I hate to impose on a new guy, but if you could compare your list to Lefton4ya's, and distill it into a single thing I could work with, that would be amaaaazing.

Or, if you just want to revel in being the new kid on the block and you don't feel like doing anything, that's ok too.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:40 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

Thank you!

I can certainly give it a shot - I'll pull his up in another tab and see what I can put together. At the very least I should be able to provide what I have that isn't on his list, even if I can't get it down to a single document I should still be able to make it useable for those interested in it.
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome to the site, @SharkRider1 ! It's always great to see fresh faces.

That list also sounds like a great resource that would be useful! I'd definitely say that people would be interested.
Old September 25th, 2019, 06:37 PM

Glad to hear that! Happy to have finally joined - this thread gave me the motivation to finally get my account registered and start posting instead of hanging around looking at all the awesome stuff. Loving the C3V/SoV units so far - I've run a number in several games my group has played the last few weeks and they've been a ton of fun to add to my collection.

I have just finished consolidating the list into an Excel document with the C3V/SoV unit name, the Reaper Bones mini name, the Reaper ID number, and a note on overall sculpt similarity. Would love to know what the most helpful way to provide it to the site would be!

Cheers!
Old September 25th, 2019, 06:39 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here are two groups I have that are painted that could be used as proxies. The knights are more expensive, but the Tarn are much more reasonably priced (and I would use less red).

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; September 25th, 2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old September 25th, 2019, 06:52 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I did it!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Last edited by Muskie; September 25th, 2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: I am photo stupid
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:45 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great to see new faces in here, welcome!
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkRider1 View Post
Glad to hear that! Happy to have finally joined - this thread gave me the motivation to finally get my account registered and start posting instead of hanging around looking at all the awesome stuff. Loving the C3V/SoV units so far - I've run a number in several games my group has played the last few weeks and they've been a ton of fun to add to my collection.

I have just finished consolidating the list into an Excel document with the C3V/SoV unit name, the Reaper Bones mini name, the Reaper ID number, and a note on overall sculpt similarity. Would love to know what the most helpful way to provide it to the site would be!

Cheers!
Slightly off-topic, but you should get in touch with @dok and @capsocrates who are from Denver as well. Welcome to the boards!
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
I use Yuan Ti Abomination for Azurite Warlord
I love it and it's a great substitute, but it doesn't appear to be a widely available mini. So I'm not going to put it on the list, because I don't want to send people on a wild goose chase. But you should use it! It's DS-Approved.

= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This figure was recommended as a Kira Jax proxy in her book. I picked one up the other day, it looks great, and only $2.

https://www.trollandtoad.com/herocli...eroclix/319860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm glad to see these ideas moving and embraced by the community! I'm a big believer that we should be making every release as accessible to new players as possible.

@White Knight I think that would be a fantastic resource! I don't have access to a 3D Printer, but I can totally see the benefit of moving over and 3D-printing difficult sculpts when painting would already be required.

For some other alternate sculpt ideas:
Morgan's Riflemen were just released, and they're a 3-person unique squad very similar aesthetically the 4th Massachusetts. Luckily, we also have Samuel Brown as a repainted 4th Massachusetts hero--having repaints of the remaining three figures from a squad would be a nice quality of life suggestion for the Morgan's Riflemen, although they thankfully aren't rare yet.

The Dreadguls are one of my favorite squads, but they're so pricy now that I think it'd be more efficient to paint some extra Tarn Viking Warriors. They still have the viking aesthetic, and they're a lot cheaper online.

Kira Jax is almost nonexistent online, in addition to many of the other Rackham miniatures. Perhaps something from the Star Wars line could work as a proxy for her?

There are loads more, but those are the things that immediately come to mind right now.
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks to @SuperSamyon and @dok , I have anointed the first two entrants into the list of Suggested Alternate Sculpts in Post #2. The unpainted Gothlok for Gothlok and the Knights of Weston for the Knights of Blackgaard.

If you've made another suggestion already, and I haven't responded by now, please give me a poke.

I still haven't look at tranche of material from my friend lefton4ya and our new friend shark.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs