Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 5th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
For Pel I've set to use the Hill Giant Barbarian as a alternate since I never got the Blood of Gruumsh box.

I saw this guy too and thought the same thing. How's the size compared to Pel? Anybody know?
I don't have Pel or rather the Ogre from that box but the HGB is very big much larger than most Ogres. I'll have to measure him in hex height to see if it's the Large 7 or what.
Cool. Thanks!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 6th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just got the Native American Scene-a-rama figures used for the Teeth of the Makwa, and I'm going to use the buffalo as a Otar proxy. Seems like it's relatively the right size.
Old October 6th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That is very smart. I’ll put it in the op next pass through. Thanks!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 6th, 2019, 01:38 PM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

The HGB is (barely) seven hexes tall.
Old October 6th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
The HGB is (barely) seven hexes tall.
Yep, I measured mine a bit ago. He’s also crouched over smashing so might be taller if he wasn’t. It’s a game, not a simulation anyway.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 6th, 2019, 02:48 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Was looking through a few options for good proxies (some of which I have just from collecting) for C3V/SoV stuff.

The Massive Darkness Troglodytes box has about 6 squads of dreadgul proxies, a minotaur that can just barely fit on a 40mm base, and some hero figures that could be used for martial la hire and Myrddin or just another squad of dreadguls.

A mind drinker vampire from D&D that could be used for Nicholas Esenwien. Much cheaper at $3 instead of the $15 or so the figure currently goes for.

A Cyclops from D&D that can be used for Bramcephys or the other cyclops that's in the process.

https://imgur.com/s1zZdNW
Some orcs from the Nolzur's Marvelous Miniature D&D line that work well as brute gruts, there are painted orcs in the pre-painted D&D line but are expensive being like $7 per orc. These ones are around $5 for two.

A couple of options for Kozil. Ones a reaper bones owlbear and the other is a Wizkids owlbear. There are also some more options like the Reaper bones black owlbear (not on their website anymore, but will be back eventually and is on the secondary market) and the owlbear that comes with the D&D Nolzur's paint set (a decent set of paints to start out with, though a bit expensive if not bought with a discount).
Old October 6th, 2019, 04:55 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also, I like using the skinny, beardless kessig ranger from the aotp shadows over innistrad set as Van Nessing, since the sculpt has a similar ax strapped to the side. And the kor aeronaut captain is kind of similar to Azazel.

I use a bunch of the atop figures as proxies for official characters, but that's the only two c3v/sov proxies I can think of atm.

Last edited by brak88; October 6th, 2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old October 7th, 2019, 10:10 AM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm looking at some of the Dust miniatures as alternatives to Microcorp Troopers and Gorillatroopers. Fairly available at miniature market.

These despite the cool pics are unpainted and such. The gorillas look a good bit more low tech than the AT-43 minis but I may be able to makeshift some armor onto them. Either way gorillas with big guns aren't exactly a common miniature so worth the effort.

Old October 7th, 2019, 03:28 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

These are all awesome! A minor note - the reaper Owlbear is a lot taller than the actual figure for Kozil because of the pose (I've compared as I have the actual Blood of Gruumsh minis from my D&D collecting days), but the Nolzurs one should be pretty darn close and will definitely fit on a D3 base to boot. Given all this activity, I think I'll drop a bunch of the ones I've found here for people to look over and see what you all think!

Knights of Blackgaard proxies:
Sculpt 1 - Sculpt 2 - Sculpt 3 - Sculpt 4
Probably my favorites of the reaper ones I've found so far, and much more affordable than what I've seen the original minis retailing at, as is often the case for old D&D minis. Plus the sculpts just look really cool.

Dreadgul Raiders proxies:
Sculpt 1 - Sculpt 2 - Sculpt 3
These seem to be another popular one that people have been asking about, and while the poses and style are a little different, these felt like a pretty solid squad of raging Vikings to me.

Microcorp Troopers proxies:
Had a heck of a time trying to find these actual minis on eBay (and still failed, though I found many more AT-43 boxes for still fairly reasonable prices, and picked up a squad of Vulcanmech from one of the sellers and have my eye on some Gorillitroopers if anyone's interested in eBay links), but these should be pretty close with a good paint job, and the added bonus is you get three squads total.

Brute Gruts proxies:
These seem to also be popular, and these sculpts seem to evoke the theme of a group of orc berserkers pretty well to me, plus you could paint them blue to match the rest of the gruts.

Buccaneers of Tortuga proxies:
While they are a newer release so the minis are still relatively more available, I was still having trouble finding all four - a lot of sellers only had 1-2 sculpts available, so I found a full proxy squad for those that want it.

Cathar Spearmen and Count Raymond proxies:
Spearmen - Raymond
I know these minis are tougher to find, so I thought I'd throw them out there, but because the spearmen come in a set of 3, the math makes it a little irritating to get a nice number of squads. Still, hopefully for those who aren't hunting the depths of eBay for deals this will be a good reference.

I've still got more, but these seem to be a combination of popular units and hard-to-find minis, so hopefully some people get some use out of these!

Also, @robbdaman those are really cool minis. I'll have to check that game out, I hadn't seen those before now and those look awesome! Are they plastic or metal, if you know?

Cheers!
Old October 7th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Is that your spreadsheet information, Shark? I'm sorry I haven't shared it yet. I'm doing what I can!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 7th, 2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkRider1 View Post
@robbdaman those are really cool minis. I'll have to check that game out, I hadn't seen those before now and those look awesome! Are they plastic or metal, if you know?

Cheers!
They are unpainted but primed plastic like so:

Similar quality to the AT-43 minis, just no pre-painted figures.

Old October 7th, 2019, 04:41 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really like your Knights @SharkRider1 Wish I knew about those before I bought the real thing! They match the Knights of Weston more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs