Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 14th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
The Book of Quahon

The Book of Quahon

Tyr's Advance - Heroes of Braunglayde

The figure used for this unit is a Flying Turquoise Dragon figure from Bullyland.

The figure fits on a Double-Spaced base.

Character Bio:
Icaria: a beautiful world filled with majestic creatures.

Dragons fly across the land, worshipped by the native Icarians. The dragons which call Icaria their home come in every color of the rainbow and more. Some are small enough to sit in a child's lap; some are so large that trees are felled as they pass. All are majestic; all are marvels of magic and nature. All are feared, worshipped, and admired. But no dragon is as regaled as the dragon of Pataqua.

Once upon a time, the people of Pataqua were without a dragon protector; for as long as the eldest of the elders could remember, it had been so. Those elders spoke of a legend from the time before: a prophecy that, when it was needed most, when Pataqua was besieged and helpless, the most beautiful sapphire dragon would sweep down from the heavens and bring an era of peace and harmony. Enemies would be dispersed, fields would be fertile, rain would be plentiful. The cruel dragons of the outlands would not dare threaten a Pataquan under the protection of the blue goddess.

It was night, during a violent thunderstorm, when the cult of the Nhah Scrih attacked Pataqua. Enemy warriors draped in white swarmed inside, chanting a terrifying mantra. Lightning struck, illuminating the cruel faces of the invaders. Just as all seemed lost, and the natives of Pataqua were about to be slain, lightning crashed again.

The Nhah Scirh were struck down one by one by a blinding fury from the heavens. As the final interloper crumbled to ash, the Pataquans saw a silhouette framed against the black sky.

The silhouette floated to the ground, and the Pataquans immediately fell to their knees and began to pray. A mighty blue dragon stood before them.

Pataqua's dragon had saved them. Quahon had arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver
LIGHTNING BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4+ Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also chose a second figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure and a third figure within 2 clear sight spaces of the second figure to be affected by Lightning Breath Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all figures. Each figure rolls defense dice seperately. Lightning Breath Special Attack does not affect destructable objects.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Quahon's movement, ignore elevations. Quahon may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Quahon is engaged when she starts to fly, she will take any leaving engagement attacks.
-Combinations and Synergies-
Synergy Benefits Received

-FYORLAG SPIDERS: Predator Bonding
As a Predator, Quahon may benefit from the Fyorlag Spider's PREDATOR BONDING activiation bonus.

-GREENSCALE WARRIORS: Lizard King Bonding
As a Unique Huge Dragon Hero, Quahon may benefit from the Greenscale Warrior's LIZARD KING BONDING activiation bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
A note on mounting this figure on a base:

The figure is very well-balanced (she can stand on two feet without tipping over) and can be placed anywhere on the peanut. The key is to place her so that the tail rides mostly between her space and the space behind her on her right.

If you simply center her feet on each side of the peanut, then her tail creates serious denial issues. However, if you shift her so that she is on the front edge of the peanut, and rotate her a bit counterclockwise (looking from the top down) so that her left foot is closer to the end of the peanut than her right foot, the tail is between the spaces, and small/medium figures can fit all around her.

Some large/huge figures will still have trouble fitting next to her at certain angles, but that's true of plenty of the big dragons.
-Rebasing tip: Quahon can be tricky to move around the board due to her long tail and wide wingspan. At times she can be harder to place than Nilfheim. Before gluing her to the large peanut base, try several test positions, where you watch where her tail ends up extending out from the base, and where her wings could potentially collide with obstacles (such as trees and castle pieces) during placement. (MegaSilver)

-Don't be afraid to hit your own figures to keep the Special Attack chain going. Sometimes it's worth it to hit your own Spider or Greenscale to make that strike on Raelin. (MegaSilver)

-Got one opponent's figure within range? If the situation presents itself, and Quahon may be out of your opponent's threat range, consider letting Big Blue go in for a big crunch instead. (MegaSilver)

Power Ranking
Nilfheim's toughness and maneuverability still makes him the stronger choice overall, but it's close. When you are rolling hot for LBSA, big Blue is tough to beat. A

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by Sherman Davies; August 4th, 2021 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Fixed PDF link; added enlargeable card pic; added figure basing info
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:03 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Quahon

I would like to suggest that an alternate card be made for the other Quahon that's about. Thanks.
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:43 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I would like to suggest that an alternate card be made for the other Quahon that's about. Thanks.
Que?

I've only followed C3V intermittently, so forgive my ignorance when I ask: "What other Quahon?"

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Que?

I've only followed C3V intermittently, so forgive my ignorance when I ask: "What other Quahon?"
Here is another version of the same mini, that has a better stock that the original:

Old November 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

So... how are you supposed to pronounce her name?
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
I pronounce it like "swan" -- Kwan.

Though it's probably supposed to be like Kwa-Hon. (As is Hon Solo. )
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:38 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Props to whomever scoured the depths of the internet for this figure. It looks like it'll fit right in among the rest of the dragons.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:06 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I pronounce it like "swan" -- Kwan.

Though it's probably supposed to be like Kwa-Hon. (As is Hon Solo. )
Thanks for the quick reply MegaSilver. I was using kwa-hon, but felt wierd. I might have to use kwan from now on. Thanks again!
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I say the first part as "kway" and the second part like "han" from Han Solo.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:13 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Que?

Here is another version of the same mini, that has a better stock that the original:

OK, I'm still admittedly (and quite blissfully) ignorant!, but is this referring to the 4" blue dragon mini that Bullyland produces, or the identical red dragon, or just another print-run of the same blue mini? Otherwise I'm quite lost*.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; November 16th, 2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: *Inebriated might be a better word than lost tonight! My bad!
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:25 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Her name is based on Mohican for Thunder...so i looked up an pronunciation guide:

QU -

Usually it is pronounced like qu in English queen, but at the end of a word, it is pronounced more like a k with a puff of air after it. The same sound is also written kw and kq in this text.

A -

Like the a in father.

N -
Like n in English night.

H -
Like h in English hay.

O -

A little like the "AO" from "AOL" spoken quickly.

N -
Like n in English night.

so we have
kwa' hewn

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
OK, I'm still admittedly (and quite blissfully) ignorant!, but is this referring to the 4" blue dragon mini that Bullyland produces, or the identical red dragon, or just another print-run of the same blue mini? Otherwise I'm quite lost*.
There are in fact two different blue dragon mini's, both about 4" tall, that Bullyland produces. The way I have seen them in stores that offer both is one is listed as "Turquoise Flying Dragon" and the other is "Flying Turquoise Dragon," so be cautious.

The easiest way to tell them apart is by counting the backwards-facing horns on her head. The "right" sculpt has 4 horns (2 on each side), and the "wrong" sculpt has 2 horns (1 on each side). But, really, they're very very close to each other, and it's certainly fine to use the "wrong" sculpt as a proxy for the "right" one if the "wrong" one is the only one you can get hold of. So MegaSilver was suggesting that we make a card which shows the "wrong" (or perhaps "alternate" would be a better word) sculpt for those poor souls who have had to settle for the proxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs