Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 25th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Alternate Sculpts

Greetings, person trying to collect C3V minis but struggling to do so because the minis are hard to find!

In this thread, I will try to gather community input on suitable minis for use as alternates to those minis that are now hard to find. If there's traction for this idea, then we can put the suggestions in the books in question.

A couple of notes in advance:

1. I am not telling you, dear reader, how to proxy. If you want to use salt shakers to proxy the Ebon Armor, then go for it. This is just for people who want specific guidance, and not for those who are content to find their own way.

2. The C3V will not (as far as I know) be making separate cards for these. This is not an official C3V thing. It's just me.

3. My thoughts about suitable alternate minis are that they don't need to be perfect. The Ebon Armor have a very particular look, and (thematically) they are not undead. But could we use use Death Knights as alternate minis for them? Sure, as I see it. Close enough. The equipment doesn't have to be the same, but the overall look and size should be about right.

4. What I have in mind is that people will suggest minis, and we'll have some idea of what the shape and size of the mini is before acting on the suggestions. Or I'll come up with something (like Death Knights for Ebon Armor) and I'll make the suggestion. And then we can discuss, or not, and then I'll just make the call.

5. Please remember Note #1, above. This is not intended to limit what you (or even your local tournament director) permit at your own table. It's just to help people who want some specific pointers about what might be suitable.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Alternate Sculpts

All cards with hyperlinks have cards you can look at here. Those not at that link are in public playtesting, which you can join! Send a PM to any of the Playtesters here for more info on how to get a look at those special ones, who are all on their way.

8th Infantry Pathfinder:
Airborne Elite; Sgt. Drake Alexander (Heroscape)

Acolytes of Vorganund:
Maggotcrown Men at Arms, #89042 (Reaper)
Cultists, #77517 (Reaper)

Amberhive Queen:
Bargain aisle toy bee (Target)

Red Ants of Aunstrom / Xualtiaca Fire Ants
Big Fake Ants Simulated Insect Prank (LovesTown) (x50)
Giant Ant #006 Jungle of Despair (Pathfinder Battles)

Arashara Goshiri:
Kyra, Iconic Heroes Evolved (Pathfinder)
Kyra, Iconic Cleric (Reaper) (unpainted)

Ashi-Dhulu:
Great Worm (Reaper) (unpainted)

Asterios:
Feral Minotaur #53 Angelfire (D&D Miniatures)
Minotoaur (Reaper) (unpainted)
City of Lost Omens #28 Minotaur (U)
Torogar Steelfist, Minotaur - Arkhan the Cruel #3 Icons of the Realms D&D

B-11 Resistance Corps
Star Wars: Bounty Hunters set, #57-60 (alternate card)

Beakface Sneaks:
Tengu, #77471 (Reaper)
Kenku Adventurers (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures)

Beorn Boltcutter:
Splitlip Fear Itself (Heroclix)

Bloodburst Thrall:
Flesh Golem, #77073 (Reaper)

Brute Gruts:
Orc Grunt (Reaper)
Orc Slayer Axe & Shield (Reaper)
Orc Chopper 2H Axe (Reaper)
Orc Stalker Two Weapons (Reaper)

Buccaneers of Tortuga:
Hajad, Pirate (Reaper)
Barnabus Frost Pirate Captain (Reaper)
Mariel Twinspar, Female Pirate (Reaper)
Finaela, Female Pirate (Reaper)

Cathar Spearmen:
Anhurian Spearmen (Reaper)

Children of the Dark Star:
Squog Warriors (Reaper ID 77268)
Squog Shaman (Reaper ID 77269)
Grey Slaad and Death Slaad (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures)
Greenscale Warriors (Heroscape)

Count Raymond:
Sir Malcolm, Templar Lightbringer (Reaper)

Crypt Guardian:
Mummy, #77144 (Reaper)
Mummy Guardian - 12 Bestiary Unleashed (Pathfinder Battles)
Mummy Warrior, #77146 (Reaper)

Cxurg'gyath:
Bathalian (Reaper) (unpainted)

Darkprowl Thrall:
Dread Wolves (Reaper ID 77533)

Dreadgul Raiders:
Tarn Viking Warriors (Heroscape)
Sigurd, Viking (Reaper)
Cuth Wolfson, Barbarian (Reaper)
Bandit Enforcer (Reaper)

Eilan Sidhe:
Drys, Dryad #77265 (Reaper)

Elaria the Pale:
Merisiel, Iconic Heroes Evolved (Pathfinder)
Merisiel, Iconic Rogue (Reaper) (unpainted)

Executioner 616
El Diablo Rojo Neanderthal #082: Mechwarrior Annihilation

Garrett Burns:
The Black Mist, #80007 (Reaper)

Goblin Slashers
D&D Icons of the Realm: Goblin Warband

Gorillitroopers:
Blutzkreuz Korps Kampfaffe Pioniere Squad (Dust)

Gothlok:
Pathfinder Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Orc on Dire Wolf (Paizo) (same mini, unpainted)

Grigor and Rogirg:
Nor'Okk, Ettin #77103 (Reaper)
Deathknell #52 Ettin Skirmisher

Heracles
Hercules (Heroclix, Secret Invasion) (card)

Hrognak:
Orc Sniper (Reaper 77056)

Hrognak (Mounted):
Triceratops (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures)

Josie Whistlestop:
Ellen Stone, #80007 (Reaper)

Kira Jax:
Anya Stroud #005 Gears of War 3 (Heroclix)
Tess, Adventuring Heroine (Reaper 49020)
Colonel Poison, #27 (Heroclix DC Rebirth)
Duchess, #27 (DC Harley Quinn and the Gotham Girls)
Rosie, Chronotechnician (Reaper 8000

Knights of Blackgaard:
Knights of Weston (Heroscape)
Templar Knights Crusaders Grunt (Reaper) (9)
Crusader Champion Attacking (Reaper)
Crusader Swordsman Standing (Reaper)
Crusader Justifier Greatsword (Reaper)
Crusader Defender Spear (Reaper)

Marro Gnids:
Marrden Nagrubs (Heroscape)

Martial LaHire:
Valeros, Iconic Heroes Evolved (Pathfinder)
Valeros, Iconic Fighter (Reaper)

M-43 Resistance Fighters
:
Star Wars minis, Kotas Militia #15 Dark Times (card using this mini here)
Galactic Alliance Scout #31 Legacy of the Force (card using this mini here)
Human Mercenary #46 Revenge of the Sith (card using this mini here)

Microcorp Troopers:
Assault Rangers Squad (Dust)
Nova Corp: Guard (Reaper)
Nova Corp: Soldier (Reaper)
Nova Corp: Female (Reaper)
Nova Corp: Rifleman (Reaper)
Allies - Assault Rangers Squad BBQ Squad (Dust Tactics)

Monk (various):
Nolzur's Male Half Elf Monk (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures)
Nolzur's Female Half Elf Monk (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures)
Nolzur's Male Human Monk (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures)

Myrddin:
Ezren, Iconic Wizard (Reaper) (unpainted)

Nhah Scirh Cultists
Confrontation Executioners (Rackham) (eBay seller here)
Cultists (Reaper) (here)

Nicholas Eisenwein:
Mind Drinker Vampire #8, Icons of the Realms: Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica (D&D)
Vampire #77282 (Reaper)

Otar:
Buffalo (Native American Scene-a-rama figures)
Deep Cuts Wild Boar (Wizkids)

Pel the Hill Giant:
Ogre Pulverizer (Heroscape)
Hill Giant Barbarian # 49 - War Drums (D&D Minis)

Otar:
Wild Boar, Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures (Wizkids) (x2, unpainted)

Preyblood Thrall:
Ghast #77159 (Reaper)

Quahon:
Safari Ice Dragon (Michaels) (based this way)

Racheim:
Reaper Bones Chimera (Reaper ID: 77257) (Reaper)

Red Mantis Blade Dancers:
Red Mantis Assassin, #89042 (Reaper)
Wrath of Kings: Honor & Treachery (CMON) (also has alternate sculpts for the Varkaanan units)

Sentinels of Grax:
Mangu Timur, #77148 (Reaper)
Ghost Kind, #77161 (Reaper)

Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep:
Freja Fangbreaker, #77073 (Reaper)
Dain Deepaxe, #77074 (Reaper)
King Axehelm of Kragmarr, #77478 (Reaper)

Siiv:
Bloodcrest Sharpshooter (Reaper ID 49005)

Sir Orrick:
Templar Knight Warrior (Reaper)
Garrick the Bold, #77103 (Reaper)

Skeletons of Annellinitia:
Spoiler Alert!

Skull Demon:
Whispering Tyrant (Reaper) (unpainted)

Tomb Skeleton Archers:
Skeletal Archer, #77018 (Reaper)
Skeleton Warrior Archer, #77245 (Reaper)
Runewars Reanimate Archers (Reaper)

Tomb Skeletons:
Runewars Reanimate Archers (Reaper)
Spoiler Alert!

Ulfrid Hornwrangler:
Guard of Mithral Hall #07 Night Below (D&D Miniatures)
Dwarf, Iconic Heroes Evolved (Pathfinder)
Fulumbar, Dwarf Warrior (Reaper) (unpainted)

Uzog:
Ogre Guard (Reaper ID 77456)

Van Nessing:
Drogo Voss, Male Assassin #77093 (Reaper)

The Varja:
Gug, Shattered Star (Pathfinder Battles) (single based)

Varkaanan (various):
House Goritsi - Skorza Box #1 (Wrath of Kings)
Honor & Treachery - The Battle of Ravenwood (Wrath of Kings) (also has alternate sculpts for Red Mantis Blade Dancers, and other various)

Wildwood Runners:
Nolzur's Blights (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures)

Wildwood Monarch:
Shambling Mound (D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures)
Spirit of the Forest (Reaper ID 77184

Wildwood Sentinel:
Saproling Warrior (Reaper ID 77495)

Zettian Infantry:
Blackstar Corsair Alpha (Reaper ID: 80076)
Blackstar Corsair Charlie (Reaper ID: 80078)
Blackstar Corsair 5 (Reaper ID: 80080)
Star Wars Legion B2 Super Battle Droids Expansion

Zogross Hardscale
Abomination (Marvel Heroscape)

Zombie Hulk:
Venom Troll, #30 Volo & Mordenkainen's Foes (Wizkids/NECA)
D&D: Icons of the Realms - Boneyard - Ogre Zombie (U) #28

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; January 16th, 2023 at 06:22 PM.
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Props on starting this up, DS. As I mentioned in our conversation at GenCon, it always seemed to be a weird contradiction of VC goals of making it easier for new players to get in the game with readily accessible minis when there are some units that are harder to find than most of classic scape. I would urge TOs to allow proxies that are deemed suitable by DS/ the consensus approval of those helping with this.

Last edited by OEAO; September 25th, 2019 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Need to spread rep before giving to DS again...
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Props on starting this up, DS. As I mentioned in our conversation at GenCon, it always seemed to be a weird contradiction of VC goals of making it easier for new players to get in the game with readily accessible minis when there are some units that are harder to find than most of classic scape. I would urge TOs to allow proxies that are deemed suitable by DS/ the consensus approval of those helping with this.
Oh, of course! And a local tournament director is certainly not constrained by what I write here. Regardless of what I say, you don't need to be some kind of groundbreaking genius of a tournament director to permit the Red Ants of Aunstrom to be used as an alternate sculpt for the Xualtiaca Fire Ants.

Thanks for the kind words, OEAO.

= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:16 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

An absolutely brilliant idea! This is definitely needed.

Regarding alternative cards, DS if you bless the alternate mini then in my opinion that's a golden pass for official alternative sculpts. If others agree, than as a community (not the C3V) we can create the cards so that people feel that it is legitimate.

I've recreated C3V cards from scratch to match my wife's custom paint jobs for figures. If you find an alternate sculp and I happen to own the figures, I'll be happy to take the pictures and create the card. I hope others will do the same if they have the skillset for figures they own.
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Sam, if you want to make alternate cards with the minis we identify here, then go for it. That would be fantastic.

If you have a suggestion to kick us off here for a particular mini and a particular C3V design, then go for it. I have my own ideas, but I was hoping to start with some ideas from the community.

= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:24 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
2. The C3V will not (as far as I know) be making separate cards for these. This is not an official C3V thing. It's just me.
This is not really correct. We are in discussions about starting card creation on alternative sculpts. D_S is just a bit impatient. That's fine, though: always good to get feedback from the community on what proxies they actually want.
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Are you looking at unpainted mini's at this time. Some one Could inventory Reaper Bones Catalog and come up with a fairly complete list, however this would make making a card more difficult.

Reaper Does seem to regularly reprint their backlog, and I bet if the got enough requests they would prioritize certain lines.

wriggz's custom Figures,Terrain and
Glyphs
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Are you looking at unpainted mini's at this time. Some one Could inventory Reaper Bones Catalog and come up with a fairly complete list, however this would make making a card more difficult.

Reaper Does seem to regularly reprint their backlog, and I bet if the got enough requests they would prioritize certain lines.
Why not? These are just suggested alternate sculpts. People who don't like 'em, don't have to use 'em.

= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 11:00 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

Yes please! I actually used the Reaper unpainted mini for Sir Orrick. I think I enjoyed it more being able to paint it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
This is not really correct. We are in discussions about starting card creation on alternative sculpts. D_S is just a bit impatient. That's fine, though: always good to get feedback from the community on what proxies they actually want.
Whynotboth.gif

If the C3V has their own project in the works, I can assure you it will be well received! Thank you!

Quote:
Sam, if you want to make alternate cards with the minis we identify here, then go for it. That would be fantastic.

If you have a suggestion to kick us off here for a particular mini and a particular C3V design, then go for it. I have my own ideas, but I was hoping to start with some ideas from the community.
I actually have discovered a treasure trove of confrontation minis from a company that buys inventory. I placed in order but I'll wait on sharing the information until I am sure I'm not getting scammed lol!

You already know about the sans detour reprint of confrontation that I'll share here again. https://confrontation-classic.backer...eorders/138979

They have the skull demons available for pre-order. The only catch is that I don't really know when you'll get your minis if you pre-order. The Kickstarter backers aren't too happy with the project so whoever orders first will be the guinea pig.
Old September 25th, 2019, 11:05 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Whynotboth.gif

If the C3V has their own project in the works, I can assure you it will be well received! Thank you!
We may get in touch with you about card production; there's no sense in duplicating effort. Do you use photoshop or the like?
Old September 25th, 2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Whynotboth.gif

We may get in touch with you about card production; there's no sense in duplicating effort. Do you use photoshop or the like?
Haha I better shut-up or I'm going to be put to work! Lol but sure, I'll be happy to help. If you guys have the templates and the photos, it's no problem. I use Photoshop.

I actually just did a custom card for my custom painted Gothlok. Since I didn't have the original templates, I had to start over from scratch to recreate the smoke effects the C3V uses and to recreate the basic side since I couldn't find it anywhere. A lot of work so if you do have the templates that will save me time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs