Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Who you like to see similar Sci-Fi units in Heroscape?
Yes 14 70.00%
No 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:17 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
What if these sculpts were available for re-use?

Check out the miniatures in this link, and then answer the poll question:
http://havok.wikia.com/wiki/Havok_Wiki

Adding Comments:

What if the molds for the miniatures from this game were in the hands of someone connected with Hasbro?

http://smallscaleworld.blogspot.com/...d-toys_11.html

http://smallscaleworld.blogspot.com/...bird-toys.html

What if the bolded part of the following quotation was true?

"Quite appart from collecting all things Clixy, I also am trying to complete my figure set for the game listed above - ie HAVOK, which was a Table Top pre-painted 28mm Sci Fi figure game, made by Bluebird Toys (later bought up by Hasbro) in about 1998."
source: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showth...ybrid&t=116604

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE SUCH MINIATURES FIND THEIR WAY TO HEROSCAPE?

What if the person who designed Havok Skirmish was one of the original Heroscape designers?

What if the following information found at a blog site were true?

source: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...t=96655&page=3

..Also, I'm trying a different tactic for information, have got my hands on most (I think) of the Havok preview comics given away with 2000 AD and have made some headway in finding the creators of the game. Shall message them and see if anything interesting comes back.
-posted on 3/18/2009

...Chatting to the creators is going well. Shall hopefully get a 2nd reply before I reveal much more, but the guy I'm chatting to seems pretty friendly and open about the project.
-posted on 3/20/2009

...I haven't got a second reply from the creator, though he confirmed it was discontinued as a product but that he still holds the rights to it. If you look at Dark Realm Minitures/ there are definitely some similarities. As for the models, he says he still has all the molds, back stories and concept art, though it's somewhere under 12 years of work. He said he would did it out sometime soon and fill us in on some info. Guess its just fingers crossed time for all that.
-posted on 3/29/2009

Isn't it great to dream about having more science fiction based Heroscape units?

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; July 23rd, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:12 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Re: What if these sculpts were available for re-use?

I'm sure we'd all like to see more Sci-Fi units.

Would we all like to see another crossover game license? I don't know.

And this is just...a phenomenal amount of what ifs that I'm confused. Are you trying to give info on a very possible outcome in the works, or are you just picking a particular minis game with some A to B connections with Hasbro and hoping it could happen?

Also, I'm not clear if your poll is asking if you'd like to see *these* sculpts in HS, or if you'd just like to see original sculpts designed like those ones.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great find and looks like it might have been an interesting game. I noticed the bases looked very similar to the classic heroscape base. (The more lines of minis I look at the more I find larger than 1 inch bases, but heroscape bases were switched to be "more in line with other minis games". More in line with D&D you mean.)

Anyhow, it seems this is a nice daydream sort of thread. Unless you have some other information about a move from WOTC/Hasbro to aquire this game, and its minis/molds. The minis do seem of a lesser quality than classic heroscape, but they would still work. Given that the game has been out of print for about 12 years now Hasbro could aquire it pretty cheaply. Granted, we all want new sculpts. However, if this move was made it would do several things. It would give us sci-fi at a time when the prospects of getting anymore sci-fi look bleak. It would also help to aleviate the fear that heroscape is becoming another D&D game.

Nice find.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:03 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Interesting, though I can't imagine this would be done unless the old molds still existed.

From the info you've collected it looks like they very well may still exist, though at the same time (not that I know anything about the process) will 12yr old molds work with today's machinery (again I have no idea about the process)?

On the surface this seesm like a lot of time and money would be spent to get it up and running again when they could just as easily spend the cash on new 'classic' sculpts/molds (assuming the cost lines up).

-insert signature here-
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:16 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
I'm sure we'd all like to see more Sci-Fi units.

Would we all like to see another crossover game license? I don't know.

And this is just...a phenomenal amount of what ifs that I'm confused. Are you trying to give info on a very possible outcome in the works, or are you just picking a particular minis game with some A to B connections with Hasbro and hoping it could happen?

Also, I'm not clear if your poll is asking if you'd like to see *these* sculpts in HS, or if you'd just like to see original sculpts designed like those ones.

One word responses, and then the reason.

Q1: Are you trying to give info on a very possible outcome in the works?
NO

Q2: Are you just picking a particular minis game with some A to B connections with Hasbro and hoping it could happen?
YES

Earlier this week I was talking with some friends about creating customs with the miniatures from the other game Havok--like I did with Battle Ball miniatures back in 2005, and they all thought it would be cool if WOTC could actually release them (if these miniatures were available for Hasbro use). Since they have already been made, then they might be a cheap avenue for more units--such as the switch to using old-already-sculpted D&D units. I thought the same thing at first too, but another person mentioned how there are probably reasons why these miniatures have not been used in HS already. Therefore, this all became waht if...just like the old Marvel comic line.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd think with a repaint the Pteravores could be Marro units(the one race I've been missing heavily).

Though it is greatly too bad HS never got these before WotC came along. They'd be nice, maybe...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I like the nexus units, if they were repainted black they would so go with the other vydar agents,

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion