Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 25th, 2019, 12:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Didn't someone do a full repaint of the knights of Weston in Hawthorne style? That would make a great alternative card for Knights of Blackgaard.
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I love this. Thanks for getting this rolling @Dad_Scaper . I've found a couple proxies that I really like so I'll try and share those soon. Are you against reusing the same sculpt for a squad in this effort?
I hope so! I fully intend, for instance, to get around to suggesting the Knights of Weston serve double (maybe triple) duty. For instance. Is that what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
I love it, Q. But how does it fit on a base?
I'll have to take some pictures. I drilled a little hole in the base for his back toe to go into and he fits great.
I look forward to seeing it.
We looked at that one along with the Bullyland one initially years ago when trying to find a figure. Probably had pictures then but with the Photobucket change it's likely lost.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:37 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Didn't someone do a full repaint of the knights of Weston in Hawthorne style? That would make a great alternative card for Knights of Blackgaard.
I actually just bought 3 sets of blackgaards... It was much cheaper than weston knights lol!

I think the figures that need alternative sculpts the most are:
1. Any ram army box figure (like Ebon Armor)
2. Most Confrontation miniatures. The skull demons being the biggest issue.
3. Unfortunately, the gruumsh box. We just had some great releases for that line but those figures are going up in price.

I would recommend staying away from box releases in the future. While it's convenient, those boxes have a short shelf life and once they are gone they are GONE.
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:39 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Long live heroscape
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If the only issue is the color of the mini, then I have no qualms about proposing the one as an alternate sculpt for the other. And, in fact, when I said that I would like the Knights of Weston to do double-duty, the Knights of Blackgaard were what I was thinking of first. After all, at the highest level of competitive play, repaints are perfectly acceptable.

So, yeah, that's an excellent suggestion.

I'll have to come through later and put all the "live" suggestions in the second post, and see where we are.

edit: Thanks, Bat! I'll have to look later to see if that's comparable to the Azurite Warlord. I think it is, because he's not as tall as he should be, IMHO.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:54 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

HUGE NEWS! And perfect timing. I've been in contact with Minature Market and they just confirmed with me this morning that they will in fact be carrying the Skull Demon sculps from the link I shared earlier!

Unfortunately, they are not taking pre-orders. I'm going to ask them to order extra copies to support our community.

How many do you think we need?
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How much are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
How much are they?
Currently on the Sans detour page, they are asking 49 euros for the pack. I would imagine miniature market will have a better price. I'll try to provide a better answer once I hear from them.
Old September 25th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What's in the pack? Because I sure ain't paying that for 1 figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 25th, 2019, 01:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If that's for the old Ram box, that's a great deal.
Old September 25th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I love this. Thanks for getting this rolling @Dad_Scaper . I've found a couple proxies that I really like so I'll try and share those soon. Are you against reusing the same sculpt for a squad in this effort?
I hope so! I fully intend, for instance, to get around to suggesting the Knights of Weston serve double (maybe triple) duty. For instance. Is that what you mean?
I mean using one figure for all squad members. Take the Ebon Armor. I use four of this figure to proxy them.

It's a Yu Gi Oh Heroclix figure called Breaker the magical warrior

Though I think this figure would work well too

This one is from the same Heroclix set - it's called Blade Knight.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 25th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh. That would be fine, of course. If we’re talking about alternate sculpts then I don’t anticipate caring much about the variety of poses.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs