Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2018, 11:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Japanese Anime Updates

Tornado,

Not that I recall--you managed to pick about the only one I own I'm not crazy about--it might have been a gift! It depends what you like of course, but as I recall its mostly just violence. I prefer character development and byplay, humor, and romance myself; with history and Asian culture as appropriate, and a good plot of course. Action should not be the only thing, for me.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is it based on the.movie about immortals?
Old November 3rd, 2018, 07:21 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes; the first of which, with Sean Connery I liked--and the TV show with Adrian Paul. I'm afraid I don't remember anything about the anime, though. Which is funny, because had you asked about any other entry on the list, I could go on and on in rhapsodic paragraphs. Oh, well...
Old November 4th, 2018, 07:56 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Np. It just caught my eye and I was curious. Always loved Highlander.
Great list. I have seen a good chunk of those.
Ever seen any Captain Harlock?

Have you just watched the original Appleseed? There are a few of them and they are all pretty solid.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 4th, 2018, 08:47 AM

Yep, I have seen several versions of Harlock, Space Battleship Yamato, Starlight Express, and all that. Wonderful stuff in old school animation of the first classic generation of anime! It was the kind of stuff available for rental in the old cassette days of Video Rental Stores which are all now sadly gone. What fun it was to shop in them!

I believe I've seen the original Appleseed, and own a newer version. Its fun mecha genre.

I recall having a Japanese board gamer over once visiting. I was so proud of my collection, which in those days (later than the rental era) was still pretty difficult to amass. So when I proudly showed my shelf of anime to him and said "look at what I've got," he said "You've got the wrong ones."

Hah!

I also stood in for a pal for teaching one session of his college class once, and played a tape of anime themes at the start that I'd made from rental selections, which got some interested attention from the very diverse class of students!
Old November 4th, 2018, 12:24 PM

I collected the original Star Blazers on VHS and remember they were insanely expensive.
Months and months of saving allowance to get one tape with like an hour of footage.
I wonder if I still have those somewhere?

There is a newer Captain Harlock that is pretty sweet for modern animation.
Old November 4th, 2018, 10:00 PM

joyknights Woo who?

I have started to watch Boruto a couple of months ago but it is not as good as Naruto so I decided to stop watching it after season one episode 43.
Old November 4th, 2018, 10:12 PM

Welcome joynights.
Naruto is like 700 episodes right?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 5th, 2018, 05:03 AM

I used to watch so much anime on Adult Swim's Toonami and then the Time Warner Cable Anime Channel. But now their offerings have been much reduced, and many are repeats. Perhaps they are now being replaced by online services and new things like the High Dive app; none of which I have. So I'm spending most of my anime time these days on youtube.

Its sad to hear that after 46 episodes Boruto did not improve, but as I say, there isn't that much to watch on cable any more, so its one of the few things to view on this older source.

I also have a huge collection of US animation, going back to the late 1920s/early 1930s. The newer of which was inspired by the Japanese product, such as Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. I collected the four huge hardback "library editions" of the Avatar sequel comics, which are very good indeed!
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Did anyone ever watch the show Space Dandy? I’m not a huge anime fan but it’s something I was really fond of that seemed to go under too many people’s radars.
Old November 5th, 2018, 09:54 AM

Space Dandy was a hilarious show that was broadcast on adult swim when I saw it, not all that long ago.
Old November 6th, 2018, 10:22 PM

joyknights Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Welcome joynights.
Naruto is like 700 episodes right?
The original anime series has a total of 220 episodes while Naruto Shippuden has a total of 500episodes. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies