Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 29th, 2020, 10:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Thanks for putting up with me.
Was an honor to meet the prickly one. Wasteland was great, I played the original game on my old C64 as a teen. First AI game I ever played, that was really cool to see in action.
Enjoyed the terrain and figures, you did a great job with them.
Pretty easy trip, well worth the journey. Was a bit disoriented when I left as I did not consider the time difference.
Old March 1st, 2020, 12:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Was an honor to meet the prickly one. Wasteland was great, I played the original game on my old C64 as a teen. First AI game I ever played, that was really cool to see in action.
Pretty easy trip, well worth the journey. Was a bit disoriented when I left as I did not consider the time difference.
Sounds like a great time guys. Always fun to get to meet some of the guys we chat with on here in person. After it being much too long, I got to see some scape friends down at the Utah Monthly tournament today. Good times.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 2nd, 2020, 09:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks Tornado, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I told one of the guys who played the game first thing after I got there, about how the settler with the red hood at the choke point survived again. He laughed and said, good ol' Speedbump. I told him that will be the name of will always refer to that minI as.

Yeah, I imagine it was wonky going home with the extra hour later from Eastern time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 2nd, 2020, 09:54 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It was great for making up for being late. If I would have been on time I would have been super early.
Fun time.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 07:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Been on a bit of a little spree picking up a bunch of the units on my list thanks to the funds from selling a bit more of my HS collection.
I ended up picking up a republic repulsor tank. My brother also finished printing me a base for my tank I 3d printed. Using an extra torso gunner from the barc speeders is working out great for the mounted gunner on top of my 3d printed tank. It will be fun to paint that one first to get a better idea of how to paint my legit one when it comes later in the week. I got my legit t21 airspeeder today. Surprisingly enough, my 3d printed one is identical in size. The rear buzzer gun failed on my print and it didnt have one. I quickly realized the legit one came with two guns and installed the second one on my 3d print. I had already painted the 3d print but was inspired to paint it again to make the pair of them similar. I also picked up a dewback rider and even though I had x3 already, picked up one more squad of death troopers. This allows me to run krennic and 4 squads of death troopers. They are so cool and love playing them. I just finished the basing on my extra 4 squads of wookiees and finished painting/basing captian rex and 6 full squads of phase 1 clone troopers as well. It looks like Ill be finishing up painting the republic forces and the additional rebel and imperial boosters before filling out the rest of the droid army and painting them. Super fun stuff. My bro and bro in law are really stoked to try all the new units. I almost have at least 1 of each of every legit box out for the game giving quite a few options for list building for all 4 factions. Very fun stuff.

Old March 4th, 2020, 02:45 AM
"like" happy

I was also checking out the walking dead call to arms rules now that they have more info on them. I watched a play through of a round and it looks very stream lined for player vs player play. I went ahead and picked up the rulebook and equipment deck. Ill probably spring for the character cards as well after I get a good look through the book. It really looks like all the little things that didnt seem like a good flow in order got fixed up. I also like this idea because I already have a ton of boxes and they are all painted. I also have my bro in law steve that really liked this one. So cool.

Old March 4th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quite the army you have the there @TREX . I'm envious that you have players to play regularly. Same for Walking Dead. Call to Arms seems neat when playing vs another player.

I like how they allow you to use an action to attack after moving into melee with a walker. They said something about only one event per game, so that is different. Sounds like a better version of the game for head to head games.

I have to play this game again. Of course, now that I have Perilous Dark for Frostgrave, I should try to give that a go too. Also have to continue my Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign.

Old March 4th, 2020, 03:32 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quite the army you have the there @TREX . I'm envious that you have players to play regularly. Same for Walking Dead. Call to Arms seems neat when playing vs another player.

I like how they allow you to use an action to attack after moving into melee with a walker. They said something about only one event per game, so that is different. Sounds like a better version of the game for head to head games.

I have to play this game again. Of course, now that I have Perilous Dark for Frostgrave, I should try to give that a go too. Also have to continue my Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign.
I still have far too many games to be played as well. The biggest selling point on the call to arms is the facts that I already have a ton of ready to go painted units for it and players wanting to actively play it. Same for legion. Ive been dealing with a lot of other personal issues lately that have set back my whole wargaming hobby in general. I too would like to get ol perilous dark out and give it a whirl.

Old March 4th, 2020, 03:34 PM
"like" happy

I also have some neat little figure trays to use for the herds. I plan on using some extra runewars trays for that.

Old March 4th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

You would have to buy several of the faction card packs for Call to Arms and the rulebook, but like you said, you already have the minis for it.

Old March 4th, 2020, 11:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

I finished up with the Operative version of Darth Vader for Legion. I like this pose better than the one from the core set.

Last edited by Hahma; April 28th, 2020 at 06:54 AM.
Old March 4th, 2020, 11:48 PM

That looks great.
Did you put a red glow on the side of his head?
That is a sweet extra detail.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures