Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 27th, 2016, 06:52 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Re: Rum and Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
\Very cool looking. I am looking forward to playing the rum and bones game and converting them into a full heroscape pirate faction. Also, the mini plastic material is great. Not brittle and not too bendy.
That would be cool! I look forward to you doing that. Let us know how you think Game Play is.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old March 27th, 2016, 10:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
\Very cool looking. I am looking forward to playing the rum and bones game and converting them into a full heroscape pirate faction. Also, the mini plastic material is great. Not brittle and not too bendy.
That would be cool! I look forward to you doing that. Let us know how you think Game Play is.
played my first game last night with my brother. We didn't get to finish the game yet, but got to play enough to get a feel for it. The rules are quite simple. The gameplay is fun and has a piratey feel to it. I can see how there can be different strategies with the heroes. @Yodaking is absolutely right about initiative being a very powerful thing. My brother went first and it felt like he was going to wipe me off the map, but then I came back and killed all his heroes and it leveled out. @chas, I think I like it enough to want to start checking out the expansion content that is out. For what I bought the starter at on amazon that was easily worth the money for just the minis. The game is also worth playing too. I love buying games that I can use the minis for multi purposes. I enjoy Imperial Assault for the same reason. I am thinking that if you were to let both players start the game with the cards in their hand it may be a bit more balanced, in that they could counter some of player ones first turn a little easier.
EDIT: I also can not get over how detailed and awesome the minis are

I just looked up all the expansions and I'm going to buy all of them. They look awesome.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 27th, 2016, 12:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

My favorite expansion is the Asian themed one, you get a fighting Panda Bear mini!
Old March 27th, 2016, 01:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
My favorite expansion is the Asian themed one, you get a fighting Panda Bear mini!
Do you have them? They all look so cool. The Asian themed one also has three ships instead of one, It looks like a fun little change up.

Old March 27th, 2016, 08:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I added the Asian set when I kickstarted. Then they sent me the French double ship one by mistake, instead of the Asian one, so I got to keep that one. The different ships have certainly added something to the game. I have a bunch of the figure only expansions but not all of them. So are fantastic minis, some are great cards for the game, some are both. I know I paid extra for the Dracula themed set and I've been happy with that one.
Old March 27th, 2016, 08:37 PM
"like" happy

I just bought the panda expansion on Amazon. I love getting stuff with the 2 day. Prime shipping. Ill eventually buy them all I think.

Edit: @Yodaking , have you tried playing the game with both players starting with tide cards. That may even the odds I would think a little bit.

Old March 28th, 2016, 01:26 PM
C3G Landlord

No but that is something I would consider doing. The right Tide Card in your hand could help blunt the initial round of moves and even things out.
Old March 29th, 2016, 01:31 AM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , me and one of my brothers have finished playing 2 games now and neither one of them was won by the guy that got initiative. At this point I love the game and am invested in the game more for the game than for the minis.(I initially bought the game for the minis to make pirate heroscape customs.) The game is quite fun, and I look forward to seeing all the expansions hit my game table.

Old March 29th, 2016, 04:11 AM
C3G Landlord

That is encouraging then.
Old March 30th, 2016, 10:28 AM
"like" happy

I just found the Sanguine pirates on sale on ebay for 19.99 plus 13 something shipping and picked em up. I'm super excited about these. Played the 2 on 1 player rules last night. I think if we play like that again, I will just use the 1V1 rules and let the two people on a team just co-captain their group. It takes the amount of heroes in play down to two per team. The game went a bit slower that way. Still, very fun though.

Old April 10th, 2016, 09:52 AM
C3G Landlord

FYI, I have received an e-mail from them stating that they will be launching a new kickstarter on April 11th for a second wave of stuff for this game. It looks like they are drawing inspiration from Pirates of the Caribbean for one of the two new ship crews, with a shark pirate being one of the ones that caught my eye.
Old April 10th, 2016, 10:20 AM
"like" happy

@Yodaking, I've seen this, its called second tide. A lot of the characters are more animal looking. Which is fine by me, they look awesome. It seems that the older crews will be compatible with some new rules.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games