Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old April 24th, 2020, 09:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: AOTV General Discussion - Pod 2 starting soon!

There will be two Pod Leads from the AotV project members, also not already part of another Pod. That list is:
  • Pumpkin_King
  • flameslayer93
  • NecroBlade
  • Astroking112

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:29 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Whoops, we let this sit here for a bit longer than we needed to. Given that each pod consists of 5 public members and 2 Pod Leaders, here's a list of the first five people who expressed interest but aren't currently in a pod:

@Amarant
@Captain Stupendous
@Owlman
@Zetsubo
@Confred

@The Long eared bat and @Ketchupgeek , thanks for staying invested. In the interest of impartiality, I've limited the above list to the first 5 users who aren't currently in a different Pod. Now that we have a lot of public interest, though, hopefully we'll be able to keep cranking those units out and get another pod started before too long! I hope to keep seeing y'all around.

If anyone's not interested anymore, then please let us know. Otherwise, we're just about ready to start kicking things into gear. Normally at this point, we'd have a big public poll for which 4 units to include in the pod, but we've been thinking about restructuring that to a method that makes a little more sense.

What we're considering for setting up future pods is letting two Pod Leaders discuss the remaining units, pick a set of 4, and then ask for public volunteers. This will hopefully ensure that people get to work on their desired units, instead of volunteering and then having a big vote that might not go the way they want.

Now, it hardly seems fair to impose this change on anyone after they've signed up, so I wanted to run that by everyone here. If you have concerns or worries about this approach, please feel free to share them here (this is a general discussion thread, after all!).

If the Pod 2 volunteers would prefer to proceed as we did for Pod 1, with a big public vote for everyone's 4 favorite units, then we can keep that method for now. We're pretty flexible.
For the future, it makes most sense to me to either let the pod members vote on which units to develop, or select the units for the pod (either by public vote or pod leader choice) before pod members are selected. That way, people can know ahead of time what units they are committing to develop.

For this pod I would love to provide input into which units are selected, but I also trust the project leads and whatever direction they decide is best.

Although I do have some ideas for Jace and the Illusions that I really want to try out

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; April 24th, 2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Personally, I'd rather let the Pod People™ choose.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:05 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Personally, I'd rather let the Pod People™ choose.
That's the goal. Previous votes have typically been open to the public; for future pods, we can either hold those votes before opening sign-ups for the pod, or otherwise get a list of units posted ahead of time. The main problem with the current approach is that we're asking for volunteers before directions are discussed (or even which units), which could lead to people rooting for one thing and committing to work on another.

It sounds like this Pod is good with proceeding with a vote limited to just them for the 4 units that will be in the group, though. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll get that kicked off!

Edit: And we're live! Now we just need to wait for all of the pod members to vote.
Old April 25th, 2020, 10:07 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll customize anything. Currently have no preferences.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 15th, 2020, 03:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It seems to me like we should consider being more strict about when workshopping happens. We seem to be making a lot of changes to units while they're in editing or after they have been playtested just a few times. Am I getting the wrong impression?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 15th, 2020, 06:05 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to be involved in the next pod.
Old May 15th, 2020, 06:24 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I'd like to be involved in the next pod.
Cool. Stick around and brainstorm and I think you'll get your shot!

--
--
--

--
Old May 16th, 2020, 07:04 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It seems to me like we should consider being more strict about when workshopping happens. We seem to be making a lot of changes to units while they're in editing or after they have been playtested just a few times. Am I getting the wrong impression?

I know a fair amount has been happening (especially in editing), but we've also been trying to push the complexity of a lot of designs back a bit (or finding rules bugs, which inherently need fixing).

So far, the only units who had to go back to design from playtesting were Tetsuo and the Firecats. Tetsuo because everyone who had pt'd him (admittedly, we could have used more testing time, but we work with what we're given) wasn't quite happy for one reason or another. And the firecats because their design simply wasn't interesting (you always wanted to use the blaze markers as quickly as you could... about as boring and as little interaction as the Tarn Viking's Charge power).

Editing:

Ozuul's SA was cleaned up for complexity.
Velnesh teleport power is getting reined in for complexity.
Velkhor had rules quirks, and needed a name.
Soulguides was just too complex.
Pillars needed some rulings defined and spelled out.

Playtesting:
So far all three glyphs have shown promise, even in they vary in power. That's fine, imo, and I've stated as such elsewhere.
Pyria is pretty much on her way.
Dienekes just entered testing, so it's hard to say which way he'll go, but I do not see a total redesign happening there. I could see some stat tweaks, but that's to be expected in PT.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:56 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

You’re probably right in that we’re a bit sloppy in terms of exactly when units should be in what phase, but I don’t think it’s been without cause. We did vote on moving Tetsuo back.
Old May 17th, 2020, 09:35 PM

Good points, y'all. Looking at each case individually it is probably fine.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:31 PM

Have we thought about having any kind of "VC Review" stage to ask them to look at our units before we finalize them?

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs