Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Really Evil Movie Villains

Hollywood has given us hundreds - if not thousands - of really good movie villains. But some of them can be a little sympathetic, some are cool, and some are even likable. So what I'm looking for here are the most evil villains in movies.

Sure, you can start off with Darth Vader, but he was more cool than evil. Monsters seem like they should be evil, but most of the time, they're just made that way, and that sort of detracts from the evil when they really couldn't choose to save kittens and donate to Unicef. Slasher movie villains seem like they should be evil, but they're kind of one-dimensional, and only scary because they kill people. Even Hannibal Lecter, one of the scariest dudes in Hollywood, isn't completely evil - you can even root for him when he's eating people who have it coming.

In fact, I maintain that while movie villains have become more overt and bloody, those old black-and-whites produced villains far more base and horrific than the monsters we see in movies today. Old-school villains did things that made you sick to your stomach when they talked about them; these days, they actually have to use intestines for underarm deodorant to be that horrifying, because while society seems to have become far more tolerant of bloody displays, we don't seem to have the stomach for truly disturbing human behavior. Yeah, they might rig traps to rip off heads, or chainsaw your genitals, or eat your liver with a nice chianti, but their horrific deeds pale in comparison to those committed by actual human beings on a daily basis. These bloody crimes seem almost honest when compared to the kinds of things that happened in Abu Ghraib, and that people all over the world do all the time.

My personal pick for the most evil villain ever is Max Cady, as originally played by Robert Mitchum, in Cape Fear. Not DeNiro - he stunk up that remake. But the original Max Cady was terrifyingly evil, made more so because he absolutely chose to be that way. The stuff he does, and stuff he plans to do, and stuff he talks about doing in the most casual tone possible, is absolutely horrific.

So who do you think is the most evil movie villain ever?

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:44 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Really Evil Movie Villains

I think that the casual tone is the key to really horror. I loved Alan Ford as Brick Top in Snatch. He was just evil and completely unlikable. The way he over enunciates and moves his mouth is frightening...

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible ****... me.
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd have to put more thought into it, but for essentially the same reasons you listed about what makes a villain, I (liked? feared?) the Zodiac Killer in last year's underrated film with Jake Gilleshillelaghall. It helps that he's never been caught too.
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Well recently No Country for Old Men gave us one of the scariest bad guys ever. Now I know he isn't cackling, twirling the mustache evil, but he is wholly, truly evil.
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not really a movie buff but when I think evil, I think of two characters.

1. Patrick Bateman from American Psycho played by Christian Bale.

2. Annie Wilkes from Misery played by Kathy Bates.

Both characters are mentally unstable so I'm not sure if they can be classified as villains or nut jobs?
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

~HAL 9000, softly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
I'm not really a movie buff but when I think evil, I think of two characters.

1. Patrick Bateman from American Psycho played by Christian Bale.

2. Annie Wilkes from Misery played by Kathy Bates.

Both characters are mentally unstable so I'm not sure if they can be classified as villains or nut jobs?
I think that's what IMax is getting at. Disturbed people can be truly frightening, but he is looking for that evil entity that is truly evil simply because he/she/it chooses to be. Not becasue they were traumatized or because they have a screw loose, but because they want to persue an evil goal (murder, destruction, etc) simply for the sake of evil.
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Dr. Evil has "evil" on his name.

Maybe I'll put some more thought in to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible ****... me.
Yeah that guy was evil, but cool-evil though. Smooth sob who breathes infliction like its O2. But would any of the mafia guys in the mafia films fall in to this category? Like the cold blooded Joe Pesci in Good Fellas? Wait, he wasn't a villain, was he?

Old July 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Well recently No Country for Old Men gave us one of the scariest bad guys ever. Now I know he isn't cackling, twirling the mustache evil, but he is wholly, truly evil.
OOooh seconded!! That was truly one evil bastich!

I'd also nominate the board at Enron in the movie "The Smartest Guys in the Room". Again, real people who choose to be evil.
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:11 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
"The Smartest Guys in the Room"
That was the name of the Enron documentary? They were pure heartless. Villain wise they sort of remind me of the "I love my mother" guy in Sicko.

Are documentary villains included for this evil thread?

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; July 9th, 2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

The Wicked Witch of the West (unless you've read "Wicked")
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Wow I should really put a good bit of thought into this but my first thoughts would have to be:

The Lord of Darkness from Legend (though he may be more cool)

Pennywise from It (though it was really trying to survive more than anything)

Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men

Judge Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dahm

Agent Smith from The Matrix (Though I'm not certain a Computer Program can contain evil)

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies