Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old May 13th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain John Parker
Dumb question- why spend all the time looking and waiting for them to appear in a local store; why not just order them on-line?

By the time you calculate all the time calling and checking the stores, you could get a part time job at McD's and pay for the shipping.

What am I missing here?
why dont you go and try to order some tundra sets online right now and then you can come back and tell us "what you are missing here"?
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:29 AM

Mud Turkey 13 is surprisingly tart
What caravaggio is trying to say here is that the tundra is sold out online. That's why people are still driving around looking.
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Turkey 13
What caravaggio is trying to say here is that the tundra is sold out online. That's why people are still driving around looking.
yeah, sorry about the sarcasm. i dont mean anything by it, it's just my way.
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:16 AM

Captain John Parker has disabled reputation
Apologies not necessary....

Not sure I agree that it is sold out. Maybe sold out at $19.99 but certainly not sold out at $29.99.

I am just saying with gas at $3.00 a gallon when you factor in the cost of your time, it doesn't take very many trips to make it worth your while to just plunk down the premium and order on-line....

Stand your ground / Don't fire unless fired upon / But if they mean to have a war / Let it begin here
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
For those of you jonsin for some Tundra pics I've got some battlefield shots using tundra up on my site www.screamingtruth.com.

p.s. I can't wait until Carviaggo gets some maps up using tundra.
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth

p.s. I can't wait until Carviaggo gets some maps up using tundra.
that makes two of us.

thanks for the pics. but did you paint some of your trees white?! gasp!

edit:
by the way, i think you'd be hard pressed to find any tundra sets for the low, low price of 29.99. the cheapest i've seen are the occasional "by now" sets for sale by sandra @ 32.99. plus shipping. the "non-by-now" sets (80% of which are offered by your best friend and mine, ENDPAWN) are going for well over that. more like $40-$45 plus shipping.

of course, the captain's point is still valid. everyone just has to decide for themselves if it's worth the extra $20+ per set to buy from endpawn on ebay or just to be patient and let them trickle into town on walmart trucks.

personally, i would imagine i won't be getting any tundra (barring some rediculously good fortune) for a few months after most of the local stores have sold out a couple of times and the mad rush is over.
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Actually I got my set from endpawn for $23 total He brought some sets over to my tourney and sold them for cost... and get this I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO TOOK HIM UP ON IT!! (that I saw)
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:00 PM
ultradoug

I'm guessing that we will not see this in stores untill the end of this month or possibley next month O_O;
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Actually I got my set from endpawn for $23 total He brought some sets over to my tourney and sold them for cost... and get this I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO TOOK HIM UP ON IT!! (that I saw)
hey, dont get me wrong. i'm not down on endpawn for buying out the hasbro store and reselling it on ebay. we live in a capitalist society and it is to be expected (even applauded depending on whether you graduated with a business degree or a liberal arts degree). it's hasbro's fault for creating a scenario where this is even possible. if distribution was better, nobody would be buying sets like this on ebay for twice their value.

it was cool of him to offer some of the sets to other players at cost. but whatever the case, broadcasting on HQ howmany sets he was buying (and posting pictures of them stacked to ceiling) probably wasn't so wise when everyone knew they were going straight to ebay, justified though he may be in doing it. i've sold stuff on ebay too... it think most of have. anyway, i dont think anybody is mad at anybody... but i'm sure that will change if there's another "exclusive" released. i'm NOT looking forward to that disaster!
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i havent see them anwhere either, and i am very jealous of those of you who already have them. I WANNA PUT GLACIERS ON MY LAVA!

if TT/RV is this hard to find, should i place a pre-order for my castles? is it too early? oh man i need money!
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:32 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
How many Tundra did he (pawn) buy from Hasbro
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!
On-line sightings

Go to boardgames.com both sets at 19.95 a piece and good shipping...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales