Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: What direction are we going?
Elf Riding a Wolf 14 87.50%
Spider hero 5 31.25%
Cowboy hero 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 26th, 2018, 01:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Poll for Miniature/Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

From an earlier post:

"Possible 20-sider Special Powers:

For the Elf, Conditional Bonding, a chance to take a turn with another [Elf] hero or a squad of Warriors of Ashra."

The Bonding I had in mind could work something like this:

A Sister's Call
After revealing an OM on and taking a turn with [Theya], roll a 20-sider. On a roll of [11] or higher, take a turn with any female [Elf] hero or squad you control.
Genders in Heroscape are not labeled, and can’t be used in powers headed to the SoV. I don’t really see why it’d be a problem to target any elven hero/squad however. That does make her an auto-commander unit, however. Whether that’s for the good or bad is up to the SoV to decide.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 27th, 2018, 04:19 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

A front line fighter . . . another rough draft:

Theya Wolfmounter
Ullar
Elf
Inspiring [Mogrimm]
Large 6

Life 6
Move 8
Range 4
Attack 4
Defense 4

Howl of Triumph 15
When Theya kills an opponent's figure during this turn, you roll the 20-sided die for each engaged Elf figure you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Theya. On a roll of 13 or higher, the opponent's figure receive a wound.

Double Assault [Ever Scarcarver]

Enraged Strike 13 [Kozil]

Feral Companion
Theya's Personality is Relentless in addition to that listed on this card. [This is to reflect the dual nature of the figure. Could undoubtedly be worded better. Could also add Snow Power here.]

Double Assault! I should have thought about that sooner, given its use with Kha (my SoV submission). It perfectly reflects the dual nature of the figure.

I think we're close . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; December 27th, 2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: So many . . .
Old December 27th, 2018, 05:36 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm all for re-use of powers, but I think we should be careful about reuse of powers that make other figures unique. Enraged Strike and Mortal Strike are both very unique powers that are highlighted on the designs they appear on. Reusing them here lessens that appeal. I also see no reason why this should be a 4-power card. To me, that suggests that we are still trying to take the figure in too many different directions and that we need to simplify our scope, not try to represent all ideas that fit the basic design elements we choose.

I am also still not particularly sold on a ranged attack. Sure, spears can be thrown. But plenty of figures have spears and have only a range of 1. This figure, in particular, has a double-pointed spear, which doesn't really seem like a throwing weapon, nor does her stance suggest that she is throwing it. I would need a better thematic or mechanical reason for a ranged attack than just "she could have one" as a reason to go with it.

I do somewhat like the idea of "destroy a figure, get a synergy ability" direction, but I worry that it doesn't quite fit in with the generals we're considering. Bonding or attack boosting off of a kill sounds like more of an Utgar or Valkrill thing to me, not Jandar or Ullar (my preference being the latter). I personally am still not convinced that this figure needs tight synergy, and especially not any sort of bonding. The SoV is not going to be interested in hero-squad reverse bonding, and warlord is a very crowded class of synergy already, Ullar or not.
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I'm all for re-use of powers, but I think we should be careful about reuse of powers that make other figures unique. Enraged Strike and Mortal Strike are both very unique powers that are highlighted on the designs they appear on. Reusing them here lessens that appeal. I also see no reason why this should be a 4-power card. To me, that suggests that we are still trying to take the figure in too many different directions and that we need to simplify our scope, not try to represent all ideas that fit the basic design elements we choose.

I am also still not particularly sold on a ranged attack. Sure, spears can be thrown. But plenty of figures have spears and have only a range of 1. This figure, in particular, has a double-pointed spear, which doesn't really seem like a throwing weapon, nor does her stance suggest that she is throwing it. I would need a better thematic or mechanical reason for a ranged attack than just "she could have one" as a reason to go with it.

I do somewhat like the idea of "destroy a figure, get a synergy ability" direction, but I worry that it doesn't quite fit in with the generals we're considering. Bonding or attack boosting off of a kill sounds like more of an Utgar or Valkrill thing to me, not Jandar or Ullar (my preference being the latter). I personally am still not convinced that this figure needs tight synergy, and especially not any sort of bonding. The SoV is not going to be interested in hero-squad reverse bonding, and warlord is a very crowded class of synergy already, Ullar or not.
I agree with AYP on these points. While I would love the idea of a movement bonding with Ashra, I don’t think it’ll fly.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 27th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

This would be more fun if it were not SoV but alas I agree Warlord is a bad choice, too much synergy. No range also sounds right.
I would drop the ice angle as well, too niche. I like the destruction bonding but if the SoV would not go for it, then it has to go.

Essentially what will SoV go for should be the first question and what every decision is based on.
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:31 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Back to the drawing board. . .

Double Assault seems to have passed muster for Kha, but I take your point about re-use.

Tough to thread all the needles here. A leadership power that is not unique to any other figure, no Bonding, no gain from destruction, is still primary? No range, but attack(s)/powers that reflect the dual nature of the figure.

. . .
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:45 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

What about doing a more support version of Me-Burq-Sa's Paralyzing Stare?

Quote:
WAR HOWL
Before taking a turn with an Elf you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll X or higher, all figures within 3 spaces of [wolf lady] roll 1-2 fewer defense dice if attacked by an Elf you control this turn.
I think it checks some of the boxes people are looking for here. It's not straight bonding, but it gives her synergy with Elf Squads, and still lets her work as a stand-alone hero.
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice.
Old December 27th, 2018, 07:21 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Amassing all the thematic ideas was intended to provide a full spectrum of ideas and hopefully get the group to agree on a few core ones. Trying to tie too many ideas together will make for an over designed character.
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:05 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have created a thread for centralized discussion for this project that I plan to maintain throughout the process. The thread is here. This should be the last thread created for this project and the one we use going forward.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards